Troubleshooting in OSX (Was: WP Characters)

    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 26, 2005
      > > All I can think of is to toss WP's prefs file and restart classic.
      >
      > That did it. Thanks.

      I was going to suggest Repair Permissions too; glad that
      wasn't needed, although it's said to be a good maintenance
      tool, say every week or so.

      A couple of weeks ago I was experiencing slightly flakey
      behavior in classic, happened to restart the module for
      another reason, and was surprised how classic then ran
      smoothly. Since I use WP a lot I leave classic on, but now
      restart it every few days or a week.

      Periodically refreshing WP's prefs file is not a new idea.
      As stable as this program is, the prefs file could use it
      every month or so. What I've done is trashed prefs,
      opened WP, set all preferences as I like them, and then
      made a copy of that prefs file. When I need it, restoration
      is now a thirty-second procedure.

      I also keep a backup of my library. Should the active
      one become corrupted, I trash it, start WP without a
      library (so it makes a new one), then copy styles,
      macros and other resources from the backup to the
      new library.