Re: Old wpd files--got 3.5e--still can't open them

  • Smokey Ardisson
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 21 11:21 PM
      --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "big_tiny_walno" <big_tiny_walno@y...> wrote:
      > This group has helped me, but I'm still not out of the woods. I have dozens of wpd files
      > on cd that I rescued from my old Win98 pc. I can't open them on my iBook. I downloaded
      > and installed wp3.5e from links I found here, but I still can't open them.

      Can you be more specific about "can't open them"? How are you trying to open them (via double-click, via WP-Mac's Open dialogue, etc.)? Do you get any error messages?

      Tips in the "Conversion tips - PC to Mac" file might answer your questions (note the file is a little unpolished, as it's a collection of tips in response to several different queries; I'm working on making it more of a coherent whole).

      Smokey