Old wpd files--got 3.5e--still can't open them

  • big_tiny_walno
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 21, 2005
      This group has helped me, but I'm still not out of the woods. I have dozens of wpd files
      on cd that I rescued from my old Win98 pc. I can't open them on my iBook. I downloaded
      and installed wp3.5e from links I found here, but I still can't open them. Anyone with
      ideas? When I still had the old pc I could convert them to Microsoft Works, which made
      files I could open on a mac with Word that I used to have at school. Now I have niether of
      those machines, just my iBook, whic doesn't have Word. I sure would like to open those
      files. Kind of a big chunk of my life. I suppose I could have converted them before I
      trashed the old 98, but I didn't know it would be so much trouble to open the suckers.
      Help?
    • Smokey Ardisson
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 21, 2005
        --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "big_tiny_walno" <big_tiny_walno@y...> wrote:
        > This group has helped me, but I'm still not out of the woods. I have dozens of wpd files
        > on cd that I rescued from my old Win98 pc. I can't open them on my iBook. I downloaded
        > and installed wp3.5e from links I found here, but I still can't open them.

        Can you be more specific about "can't open them"? How are you trying to open them (via double-click, via WP-Mac's Open dialogue, etc.)? Do you get any error messages?

        Tips in the "Conversion tips - PC to Mac" file might answer your questions (note the file is a little unpolished, as it's a collection of tips in response to several different queries; I'm working on making it more of a coherent whole).

        Smokey