Re: Odd WP 3.5e behavior to Xserve

  • russellhwalker
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 12, 2005
      <jrethorst@y...> wrote:
      > Unlocking the file on open and
      > updating its modification date are things WP can't do on its own.

      The evidence indicates otherwise if the Unix permissions allow but the
      file is locked. I've got an existence proof with over 500,000 instances.

      This may be some artifact of a massive transfer from an ASIP 6.3
      share, which is why I gave the history. Anyway, if the Unix
      permissions don't permit writing the file, then WordPerfect doesn't
      seem to be able to unlock the file and change the modify date/time
      simply upon opening the file.

      Russ
    • Phillip Jones, C.E.T.
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 12, 2005
        Everyone has to realize that WP Mac is an OS9 program that runs through
        a emulator when called in OSX. In OS9 go to getInfo and tick the check
        box for stationery which means it will open a "copy" of the file. and
        not open the original file.