Re: [wpmac] Digest Number 215

  • Karl Winkelmann
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 30, 2005
      > On or about 8/29/2005 7:07 PM wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com AKA
      > wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com eruditely mused the following:

      >Do the automatic numbers come across as anything - any
      >character? If so, a macro could replace that character with
      >auto numbers, in a variety of formats (Roman numerals,
      >numbers etc.). Otherwise, are the original numbers at a
      >specific place in the doc - maybe starting every paragraph?
      >A macro could find the start of a paragraph and add a
      >number and then a tab or indent.
      >
      >What does the Euro symbol come across as? If anything, a
      >macro could replace it with the symbol.

      Actually I am unable to open the original file in WP (maybe I need to
      convert it), but he did send me an rtf file which also does not open in
      WP but I did open it in MS Word but the numbering restarted at 1 after
      any normal paragraph, but on his printed original those numbers continue
      to the end of the document. In MSW the Euro symbol has turned into the
      letter 'i' which one cannot just convert because all 'i' would be turned
      into Euro symbols. The fractions have turned into underscores.

      I was sent a file converted by his version of WP into html and when I
      reopen that in WP 3.5e the numbering is retained BUT the tab after it has
      vanished and I really need the tab so I can format the page into a decent
      format that make some sense. However, the Euro symbols have been
      replaced with '¤' which turns into square boxes when viewed in
      html in a browser. I suppose those could be changed with a macro.
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 2, 2005
        --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, Karl Winkelmann
        <ww2censor@p...> wrote:

        > Actually I am unable to open the original file in WP
        > (maybe I need to convert it),

        Do you have the latest Conversions folder (v. 2.1)?
        Have you tried the Batch_Set_WP_PC_Type-Creator
        droplet? Both are in Files -> Conversions here.

        > I was sent a file converted by his version of WP into html
        > and when I reopen that in WP 3.5e the numbering is
        > retained BUT the tab after it has vanished and I really
        > need the tab so I can format the page into a decent format
        > that make some sense.

        A macro could keep the number, or change automatic
        numbering to fixed or vice versa, and add a tab.

        > However, the Euro symbols have been
        > replaced with '¤' which turns into square boxes
        > when viewed in html in a browser. I suppose those
        > could be changed with a macro.

        Or just use Find/Change to Change All.