Re: [wpmac] Digest Number 197

  • Karl Winkelmann
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 2, 2005
      > On or about 8/2/2005 5:11 PM wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com
      > AKA wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com eruditely mused the following:

      >> Publish and Subscribe still works within Classic, so I've
      >> been happy to find that John R's UltraClip still works.
      >
      >That's a surprise, since it no longer works for me! I get a dialog
      >saying that the "ds.store" file should not be in the UltraClip
      >folder, and haven't had time to update the macros to ignore that
      >invisible OSX file in every folder. I wonder why you don't get the
      >dialog.

      Because you must have opened the UltraClip folder at some stage and he
      didn't.

      This seems like a similar problem we have with Claris Emailer running in
      MAC OS X where the Temporary incoming mail folder balks if there is a
      .DS_store file in the folder. We just throw the whole folder away and,
      being a temporary folder, the application makes a new one. If it is not
      opened, therefore not making a .DS_Store file in it, everything works
      fine.

      That's the point, actually, if you don't open a folder in MAC OS X, a
      .DS_store file is not created. So if you throw away the UltraClip folder
      and, if you need some files in that folder drop any files in without
      opening the folder, then it should function as a .DS.Store file is not
      created. If it Spring Loads open then you have likely already created
      the .DS_Store file, but I am not sure exactly at what stage the .DS_Store
      file is made, just don't open the folder.

      Maybe that helps you figure out why UltraClip works properly for one
      person and not for another.

      Cheers

      Karl Winkelmann
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 2, 2005
        --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, Karl Winkelmann
        <ww2censor@p...> wrote:

        >That's the point, actually, if you don't open a folder in MAC
        > OS X, a .DS_store file is not created.

        Aha. Thanks.