Re: WP Equation fonts--thanks!

    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 21, 2005
      --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "drderbes" <loki@m...> wrote:

      > Yesterday I posted to this list a request for help with equation
      > fonts. Another reader sent me the fonts, and they are now to be
      > found on the Yahoo wordperfectmac site.
      >
      > Many thanks!

      I posted them yesterday, then something came up and I neglected
      to tell you they were there. Sorry, and glad someone else sent
      them to you as well.

      > During the transition from OS 9 to 10.4.2, I usually had to print WP
      > to PS, and then use Acrobat's Distiller to turn them into PDF, in
      > order to print them out. 10.4.2 makes that completely unnecessary; I
      > can simply print from Classic directly to the printer. Yippee! (Or,
      > it may be that WP "4" just works a whole lot better than my 3.54 or
      > whatever it was. Which it does. Amazing!)

      V. 4, aka 3.5e with the OS 9/9/Classic updater, was a substantial
      improvement from 3.5.4, and printing from Classic is much better
      with Tiger.
    • Ed Gould
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 22, 2005
        ABout 10+ years ago I was doing my resume and the place that I was at
        had a "large" bullet. The one(s) that comes with WP is(are) rather
        small. This was with a really old DOS version of WP

        Is there a way to make bullets larger in Mac WP 3.5E ?

        TIA,

        Ed
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 22, 2005
          --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, Ed Gould <edgould@a...> wrote:

          > ABout 10+ years ago I was doing my resume and the place that I was
          at
          > had a "large" bullet. The one(s) that comes with WP is(are) rather
          > small. This was with a really old DOS version of WP
          >
          > Is there a way to make bullets larger in Mac WP 3.5E ?

          That's font-specific. To just increase the size of the bullet
          in the current font and size, assign a convenient keystroke
          to this macro:

          Relative Font Size (Very Large)
          Type (•)
          Relative Font Size (Normal)

          If that makes the bullet too large, change "Very Large" in
          the first line to "Large".
        • Ed Gould
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 23, 2005
            On Jul 22, 2005, at 11:10 PM, John Rethorst wrote:

            > --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, Ed Gould <edgould@a...> wrote:
            >
            >> ABout 10+ years ago I was doing my resume and the place that I was
            > at
            >> had a "large" bullet. The one(s) that comes with WP is(are) rather
            >> small. This was with a really old DOS version of WP
            >>
            >> Is there a way to make bullets larger in Mac WP 3.5E ?
            >
            > That's font-specific. To just increase the size of the bullet
            > in the current font and size, assign a convenient keystroke
            > to this macro:
            >
            > Relative Font Size (Very Large)
            > Type (•)
            > Relative Font Size (Normal)
            >
            > If that makes the bullet too large, change "Very Large" in
            > the first line to "Large".

            John,

            My memory is poor but you are probably correct. My *VAGUE* recollection
            says that there was a "editor" built into WP to do such things. But I
            could be wrong as it was 12+ years ago. The people that handled the
            resumes were pretty decent in WP and it took me several weeks to learn
            the ins and outs (using show codes) of WP. To this day there were some
            formatting tricks that I have never been able to reproduce.

            Thanks,

            Ed