WP Math Fonts

  • David Derbes
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 20, 2005
      I apologize for a newbie question.

      I've been running WP Mac 3.53 for many years very happily.

      My hard drive crashed (again) and I'm just about done with
      reinstalling the (hah! backed-up!) data. The apps I didn't back up
      because for the most part I have them on CD's. For some reason or
      other I stumbled onto the WP treasure trove through Columbia, and am
      now reinstalling the WP "4" version in place of what I had before.

      A lot of my documents are thick with equations. I don't see the WP
      Math fonts anywhere after installing the WPEnhanced version. I can of
      course load them in from my old 3.1 CD, but maybe new and better
      fonts are to be found someplace?

      I did find an abstract of the file wp-character-sets.hqx, but the
      description (WP Math A, etc) does not seem to apply to the file when
      expanded (resulting in a folder entitled "WP Character Sets", and
      containing the document "Character Sets Read Me, and the font file WP
      IBM Character Sets) Even after dragging the WP IBM Character sets to
      the closed System File, and restarting Classic, if I try to enter an
      equation, I am told "WP Equation Fonts not installed" etc.

      Should I just load in the math fonts from my old version, or are the
      fonts John R. describes in the abstract out there somwhere?

      David Derbes