RE: [wpmac] Reveal Codes

  • Gilbert, Geoffrey S
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 18, 2005
      This is Reveal Codes- you turn it off in preferences Environment/Windows/Show Codes. Cmd-Shift-K will turn it on and off temporarily.

      Geoff

      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 18, 2005
        In a message dated 7/18/05 9:25:30 PM, jbongiovi@... writes:

        > It sounds like he inadvertently hit the function key to "reveal
        > codes".  Under a DOS 5.1 keyboard, that's the F11 key.  I'm not sure
        > what it is in the default Mac keyboard mode. Perhaps someone else
        > will chime in.  In any event, he only needs to hit the key again to
        > make the codes window disappear.

        Doesn't the "reveal codes" command, open a portion of the window at the
        bottom which shows the codes in parallel to the typeset version you see above? So
        you just click on the close square of the panel at the bottom of the window.

        I use it because WP has a bit of a bug or perhaps thats too strong a
        word...but I make a text matrix header at the start of my documents and if you want to
        delete it, you need to use the codes to get the cursor in the right place to
        delete the table or formating. Also, if you have a text border, then copy and
        paste in the middle you can get weird things where the rest of the document
        has a text border.So you need to go into the codes to find the start of the text
        box.

      • Gilbert, Geoffrey S
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 19, 2005
          I've only done a brief check, but if you turn on Reveal Codes in one file, that does not affect all others. That only happens if you change your Preferences. However, I have set up a customised keyboard, so it may be that my key combination is file specific.

          Geoff