Small anomaly with Tiger Finder

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 6 9:26 AM
      I use the desktop as my workspace, and save new
      documents there, putting them in a folder later on.
      Sometimes, after a few saves, a WP temporary
      document will show up on the desktop, named
      e.g. WP_xx91527545. WP normally keeps these
      temp files invisible, and deletes them after you
      close the document you're working on. The Tiger
      Finder (IIRC this happened occasionally with
      Panther too) doesn't always cooperate, and these
      files become visible. They also stay where they
      are when the document they represent is closed.
      I see this only with files on the desktop.

      IAC the xx file is in plain WP format. If the
      document you're working on becomes corrupted,
      or you inadvertently delete something, the xx file
      might still have it.

      Anyone else notice this?