Printing from WP

  • jenssvale
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 30, 2005
      Hello
      I´m new into the macworld, and i have a problem, when i want to print from WP. I get the
      following message after a short time: "This print cannot be completed because the HP
      inkjet printer is not responding. When printing from classic, you must be connected to a
      network (-3158)" .

      My printer is a HP 7760. My former printer was a HP photosmart 1100 and it worked well
      with WP.

      Thanks in advance.
      Jens
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 30, 2005
        On Jun 30, 2005, at 12:39 AM, jenssvale wrote:

        > I´m new into the macworld, and i have a problem, when i want to
        > print from WP. I get the
        > following message after a short time: "This print cannot be
        > completed because the HP
        > inkjet printer is not responding. When printing from classic, you
        > must be connected to a
        > network (-3158)" .

        Which version of classic are you using? If Tiger, see this link:

        http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?path=Mac/10.4/en/mh660.html

        More generally, note these links in the Links section here: Classic
        Applications, Classic Environment and Classic in OSX, and the section
        in WP and OSX on a PDF driver.

        John R.
      • dwhoughton2
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 10, 2011
          I recently upgraded my 2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo iMac from OS 10.5.8 to OS 10.6.5. I downloaded SheepShaver 1.2.5

          I now cannot print my WP documents on my Canon MX850 printer.

          When I installed SS-WP 1.2.5 no "SheepShaver Print folder" was created in my "Unix" folder. I created the "SS Print folder" in the "Unix" folder and attached the "SheepShaver Print-PDF.scpt" to it using "Folder Actions Setup".

          I press Cmd-P and Save in the first Print Window; select "SheepShaver Print folder" and press Save in the second window. The document appears as "<file name>.ps" in the "SheepShaver Print folder", but does not appear in the queue of the printer utility window.

          Have you any suggestions?

          Everything else works well including "Open WP Files 1.0.1" and "SymbolicLinker" — both great improvements for which I thank you.

          Dudley
          Austin, Texas
        • Joseph Bush
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 10, 2011
            Hi, Dudley

            Normally, you need to select the ʻSheepShaver Data Folderʻ, followed
            by the SS > OSX folder. Those folders must be present for script
            printing to work. Once navigated to, the print dialog should remember
            the location from then on. In this case though, the installation may
            have problems. If you lack either or all of these folders Iʻve
            mentioned, you may need to reinstall again. Thereʻs also a paper on
            Faster Printing in the Messages Section that may be a good alternative.

            Joe.

            On Feb 10, 2011, at 12:31 PM, dwhoughton2 wrote:

            > I recently upgraded my 2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo iMac from OS 10.5.8 to
            > OS 10.6.5. I downloaded SheepShaver 1.2.5
            >
            > I now cannot print my WP documents on my Canon MX850 printer.
            >
            > When I installed SS-WP 1.2.5 no "SheepShaver Print folder" was
            > created in my "Unix" folder. I created the "SS Print folder" in the
            > "Unix" folder and attached the "SheepShaver Print-PDF.scpt" to it
            > using "Folder Actions Setup".
            >
            > I press Cmd-P and Save in the first Print Window; select
            > "SheepShaver Print folder" and press Save in the second window. The
            > document appears as "<file name>.ps" in the "SheepShaver Print
            > folder", but does not appear in the queue of the printer utility
            > window.
            >
            > Have you any suggestions?
            >
            > Everything else works well including "Open WP Files 1.0.1" and
            > "SymbolicLinker" — both great improvements for which I thank you.
            >
            > Dudley
            > Austin, Texas

          • dwhoughton2
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 11, 2011
              Thanks for the prompt response, Joe.

              I have thrown away the existing "SheepShaver" folder from Applications. I have downloaded a new copy of "SheepShaver-WordPerfect 1.2.5.dmg" & installed it.

              I still can't print.

              "SheepShaver Print-PDF.scpt" is attached to the "SS > OSX" folder. My test file is copied to the "SS > OSX" folder with the ".ps" extension, but does not appear in my printer queue, and does not print. I also did not get the window offering the choice between "Print" and "PDF".

              Dudley
            • Joseph Bush
              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 11, 2011
                Hi Dudley,

                Has anything changed in the way your printer is connected, i.e. did
                you move it from a USB to an Ethernet connection? Also, have you
                installed the latest Canon drivers for 10.6.x? They are supposed to
                see both 64 and 32 bit apps, but have had trouble doing so in the
                recent past.

                Joe

                Message 7 of 7 , Feb 19, 2011
                  Please try the solution described here and let us know if it works:

                  http://macscripter.net/viewtopic.php?id=30112