Re: spam

    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 23, 2005
      On Jun 23, 2005, at 11:23 AM, GAmoore@... wrote:

      > I wish that all bank transfer to Nigeria would be suspended, and
      > all email
      > from Nigeria suspended until these moronic spammers are stopped.

      Good idea. In our case, the spammer had to join the group to post,
      and automated registrations are difficult. That member is banned IAC.

      John R.
    • (no author)
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 4, 2010
        This has been fixed. Apologies.

        John R.

        >Someone picked up an infection?

        >hnd
        >>Reminder from: wordperfectmac Yahoo! Group
        >> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/wordperfectmac/cal
        >>
        >>computer Programing tips
      • J.J. McVeigh
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 4, 2010
          >Someone picked up an infection?

          No, someone joined the list under false pretenses, made an entry is
          the Events calendar associated with the list, and specified that
          announcements concerning the "event" should be sent to the list
          membership each day. It's a well-known technique among spammers.