Re: Classic and Intel

    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 18, 2005
      --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "Jeff Abbott" <jeff@j...>
      wrote:

      > > If you use WP-Mac primarily because it is an elegant,
      > > well-designed, functional, solid Mac application (thanks
      > > Kevin McCoy and friends!), then WP-Win is likely not
      > > going to be a palatable solution. WP-Win doesn't feel
      > > like WP-MacÂ…
      >
      > I'm curious if anyone on the group has run WP Win as their main
      > processor on their Mac via Virtual PC, and what their experience
      > was.

      I haven't, but WPWin apparently works well via Virtual PC. With
      the changeover to Intel chips, VPC will apparently run better
      than now. WPWin is much different than WPMac though. When
      OSX first came out, there were suggestions that Corel port
      unix WP to OSX. Which could have been done and still can
      be, but it would be nothing like WPMac.

      My understanding is that for most of its lifetime, WPMac was
      developed by a separate team from Windows. The Mac team
      simply did elegance right.