Re: Graphics (was [wpmac] pages)

    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 10, 2005
      John

      While jpegs won't import at all, the first gif in a document will.
      Subsequent gifs will not, however. The gif was only 92k

      geoff

    • GAmoore@aol.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 10, 2005
        In a message dated 6/10/05 10:25:29 AM, jrethorst@... writes:

        > A graphics utility could convert a jpeg to gif
        > which could then be imported. An Applescript could automate that.

        GIFs are low quality in most cases (like photos or gradients) but ok for
        things with a small number of colors. The way to go for nice printing is TIF
        format.

      • Randy B. Singer
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 11, 2005
          GAmoore@... said:

          >What are your opinions regarding Pages?
          >
          >It seems to be a lightweight clone of Word with a little more Quarkish
          >features...

          You must not have played with Pages yet. You should check it out at an
          Apple Store or at CompUSA if you are near one.

          Pages seems to me to be sort of like a low-end page layout program with a
          bunch of word-processing features added on. It reminds me a lot of
          PublishIt Easy!, if you remember that program, but its page layout
          capabilities aren't as advanced.

          It is nothing at all like Word (or WordPerfect), or Quark. And for those
          folks who use and rely on the advanced features of either or both, Pages
          can't take their place.

          However Pages is a dynamite program for those folks who find it powerful
          enough for their needs.

          Randy B. Singer

          http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html