Graphics (was [wpmac] pages)

    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 9, 2005
      Regarding importing jpegs, however, does WP still have to rely on the
      INSO converter. I have not imported a jpeg into WP for years because
      I'd get a hang during the import process.

      Geoff

      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 10, 2005
        --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, Geoff Gilbert <Geoff@e...>
        wrote:

        > Regarding importing jpegs, however, does WP still have to rely on
        > the INSO converter. I have not imported a jpeg into WP for years
        > because I'd get a hang during the import process.

        Import works OK for me, but I don't do much of it. Do other formats
        work better for you? A graphics utility could convert a jpeg to gif
        which could then be imported. An Applescript could automate that.

        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 10, 2005
          John

          While jpegs won't import at all, the first gif in a document will.
          Subsequent gifs will not, however. The gif was only 92k

          geoff

        • GAmoore@aol.com
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 10, 2005
            In a message dated 6/10/05 10:25:29 AM, jrethorst@... writes:

            > A graphics utility could convert a jpeg to gif
            > which could then be imported. An Applescript could automate that.

            GIFs are low quality in most cases (like photos or gradients) but ok for
            things with a small number of colors. The way to go for nice printing is TIF
            format.

          • Randy B. Singer
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 11, 2005
              GAmoore@... said:

              >What are your opinions regarding Pages?
              >
              >It seems to be a lightweight clone of Word with a little more Quarkish
              >features...

              You must not have played with Pages yet. You should check it out at an
              Apple Store or at CompUSA if you are near one.

              Pages seems to me to be sort of like a low-end page layout program with a
              bunch of word-processing features added on. It reminds me a lot of
              PublishIt Easy!, if you remember that program, but its page layout
              capabilities aren't as advanced.

              It is nothing at all like Word (or WordPerfect), or Quark. And for those
              folks who use and rely on the advanced features of either or both, Pages
              can't take their place.

              However Pages is a dynamite program for those folks who find it powerful
              enough for their needs.

              Randy B. Singer

              http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html