[ANN] Spotlight plugin

    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 5, 2005
      Enables seach of WordPerfect 3.5e documents, including their
      contents, with the Spotlight search feature of OS 10.4, "Tiger".

      In the Files section here, as "Spotlight plugin.dmg".

      A _big_ thanks to Gero Herrmann for doing this. Gero also
      wrote WPDocCompare (also in the Files section here), a
      revision-tracking utility that greatly outperforms similar
      utilities in other word processors.

      John R.
    • Bill Bossart
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 5, 2005
        I’m happy others are having success with the plugin. I tried to open
        the readme and all I get is a blank rectangle which appears to cover
        most of the WP splash screen. I also get the same thing if I try to
        open any of my WP docs. Any suggestions welcomed.
        On Jun 5, 2005, at 6:33 PM, John Rethorst wrote:

        > Enables seach of WordPerfect 3.5e documents, including their
        > contents, with the Spotlight search feature of OS 10.4, "Tiger".
        >
        > In the Files section here, as "Spotlight plugin.dmg".
        >
        > A _big_ thanks to Gero Herrmann for doing this. Gero also
        > wrote WPDocCompare (also in the Files section here), a
        > revision-tracking utility that greatly outperforms similar
        > utilities in other word processors.
        >
        > John R.
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

        Bill Bossart
        whbossart@...
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 6, 2005
          --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, Bill Bossart <whbossart@u...>
          wrote:

          > I'm happy others are having success with the plugin. I tried to
          > open the readme and all I get is a blank rectangle which appears
          > to cover most of the WP splash screen. I also get the same thing
          > if I try to open any of my WP docs.

          Try adding folder(s) and disk(s) indexed to the exclusion list in
          the Privacy pane. Close and open the pane again and delete
          them from the exclusion list, causing reindexing. If that doesn't
          help, trash the importer file, exclude disk(s), reinstall from a
          new download, delete exclusion.

          John R.
        • Bill Bossart
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 6, 2005
            Thanks so much. I had already trashed the importer file before
            reading your suggestions and everything is fine now.
            On Jun 6, 2005, at 10:33 AM, John Rethorst wrote:

            > --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, Bill Bossart <whbossart@u...>
            > wrote:
            >

            >> I'm happy others are having success with the plugin. I tried to
            >> open the readme and all I get is a blank rectangle which appears
            >> to cover most of the WP splash screen. I also get the same thing
            >> if I try to open any of my WP docs.
            >>

            > Try adding folder(s) and disk(s) indexed to the exclusion list in
            > the Privacy pane. Close and open the pane again and delete
            > them from the exclusion list, causing reindexing. If that doesn't
            > help, trash the importer file, exclude disk(s), reinstall from a
            > new download, delete exclusion.
            >
            > John R.
            >

            > Yahoo! Groups Links

            Bill Bossart
            whbossart@...
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 6, 2005
              wrote:

              > Thanks so much. I had already trashed the
              > importer file before reading your suggestions
              > and everything is fine now.

              Do you mean that a reinstall worked, and Spotlight now
              indexes WP docs for you?

              John R.
            • Bill Bossart
              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 7, 2005
                Seems to. But I have just played around with it. I am, for my next
                book, a traitor to Mellel—at least for now.
                On Jun 6, 2005, at 2:52 PM, John Rethorst wrote:

                > --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, Bill Bossart <whbossart@u...>
                > wrote:
                >

                >> Thanks so much. I had already trashed the
                >> importer file before reading your suggestions
                >> and everything is fine now.
                >>

                > Do you mean that a reinstall worked, and Spotlight now
                > indexes WP docs for you?
                >
                > John R.
                >

                > Yahoo! Groups Links

                Bill Bossart