Re: [wpmac] free WordPerfect

  • Greg L. Sahlstrom
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 2, 2005
      I was unaware that this was a religious bulletin board. As a Lutheran
      Pastor I agree with some of your sentiments, but not with your
      analysis. Creeds, liturgy and ethics have never been the problem. All
      could be categorized as the more outward expression of the faith which the
      Bible calls "religion" as distinguished from faith. But faith does have
      outward expressions (James 2). Creeds and liturgy are merely summary
      statements taken directly from the Bible, and for ethics, Moses and the Ten
      Commandments are still the moral guide. I think that your statements are
      well-meaning but misdirected, and that they have no place in a computer
      discussion.

      Pastor Greg L. Sahlstrom

      At 04:34 PM 6/1/2005, you wrote:
      >Try these:
      >
      ><http://acmfiles.csusb.edu/corel/wpmac.html>http://acmfiles.csusb.edu/corel/wpmac.html
      >
      >http://www.deakin.edu.au/software/applications.php#Corel
      >
      ><ftp://ftp.r8ix.com/WP-L_Stuff/>ftp://ftp.r8ix.com/WP-L_Stuff/
      >
      >Regards,
      >Sam
      >
      >--- lewisfoss <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
      >

      >---------------------------------
      >I would like to download the free copy of WP for the
      >mac.
      >Would anyone provide a link?
      >Thanks
      >Lewis

      >Terms of Service.
      >

      >~ <>< ~ <>< ~ Sam Buick, www.returntosimplicity.com ~ <>< ~ <>< ~
      >"Christianity is not a religion' it is the announcement of the end of
      >religion... For Christians, then, the entire religion shop has been
      >closed, boarded up and forgotten. The church is not in the religion
      >business. It never has been and it never will be, in spite of all the
      >ecclesiastical turkeys through two thousand years who have acted as if
      >religion was their stock in trade. The church, instead, is in the
      >Gospel-proclaiming business. It is not here to bring the world the bad
      >news that God will think kindly about us only after we have gone through
      >certain creedal, liturgical, and ethical wickets; it is here to bring the
      >world the Good News that 'while we were yet sinners, Christ died for the
      >ungodly.' It is here, in short, for no religious purpose at all, only to
      >announce the Gospel of free grace." Robert Farrar Capon, in his book,
      >"Kingdom, Grace and Judgment."
      >
      >~ <>< ~ <>< ~ <>< ~ <>< ~ <>< ~ <>< ~ <>< ~ <>< ~ <>< ~ <>< ~ <>< ~

      > *
      > <mailto:wordperfectmac-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com?subject=Unsubscribe>wordperfectmac-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
      >
      > *

    • Randy B. Singer
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 2, 2005
        lewisfoss said:

        >I would like to download the free copy of WP for the mac.
        >Would anyone provide a link?

        Probably the most complete version, along with instructions on how to put
        everything together and in what order, is here:

        ftp://ftp.r8ix.com/WP-L_Stuff/WordPerfectKit.sit

        This is an FTP address, and some Web browsers don't do FTP very well. If
        you have problems, you may want to try a different browser, or you can
        download a free FTP program that is easy to use from:

        RBrowserLite (free)
        http://www.rbrowser.com/RBrowserLite/RBrowserLite.html

        Randy B. Singer

        http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html