Entering a variable in a macro

  • Tom Frere
    Message 1 of 2 , May 31, 2005
      I've so far been stumped as to how to have a prompt appear in which I
      could type something, and then have that be part of the instructions
      of a macro.

      I used to do this all the time in WP DOS 5.1.

      Say I want to specify a year in a macro--it would be great not to have
      to create a series of macros, one macro for each year, but just one
      macro that would ask me "which year?" and then use that information
      while it runs.

      I want something that says, thinking in WP DOS-speak, "getvar" or
      something of that sort which then appears in the macro as "var01".
      Message 2 of 2 , May 31, 2005
        On May 31, 2005, at 1:13 PM, Tom Frere wrote:

        > Say I want to specify a year in a macro--it would be great not to have
        > to create a series of macros, one macro for each year, but just one
        > macro that would ask me "which year?" and then use that information
        > while it runs.
        >
        > I want something that says, thinking in WP DOS-speak, "getvar" or
        > something of that sort which then appears in the macro as "var01".

        For an entry box:

        Get Text (Var01;"Which year?";"Enter a year here:")

        For a menu:

        Menu (Var00;"Which Year?";{"2003";"2004";"2005"})
        Case (Var00;{1;2003;2;2004;3;2005};cancel)
        Label (cancel)
        Return
        ;
        Label (2003)
        Assign (Var01;"2003")
        Go (continue)
        ;
        Label (2004)
        Assign (Var01;"2004")
        Go (continue)
        ;
        Label (2005)
        Assign (Var01;"2005")
        Go (continue)
        ;
        Label (continue)

        Both put the year in Var01. Replace Var01 with GlobalVar01 if you want
        to use the value in another macro.