Re: [wordperfectmac] Should I change from WP 12 for Windows to WP for Mac Os x

    Message 1 of 10 , May 24, 2005
      On May 23, 2005, at 4:14 PM, Rick Albright wrote:

      > On May 21, 2005, at 3:11 PM, John Rethorst wrote:
      >
      > >  For example, any OSX app can print to PDF, as supported by the OS.
      > >  WPMac can't, without either the expensive Adobe Acrobat or the free
      > > PDF
      > >  driver detailed at
      > http://www.columbia.edu/~em36/wpdos/macintosh.html
      >
      > Just a minor clarification. You can use the Apple Laser Writer driver
      > (one of the default drivers bundled with the OS'es) to print to a
      > postscript file (.ps), and then use OSX's Preview app to open this
      > file
      > and save as PDF. It's a multi-step process, to be sure, but it does
      > work (and you don't have to have an Apple Laser Writer to do this).

      Right, and this is how the WPDOS method does it, only using Adobe's
      free PS driver rather than the Laserwriter . It also includes folder
      action Applescripts to make it a one-step process: drop a document's
      icon on the folder to print it to PDF. It would work as well using
      another driver. Folder Actions can initiate any Applescript - which in
      turn can run any WP macro.