Re: Tiger & WP (Was "OT -- printing problem solved!")

    Message 1 of 3 , May 20, 2005
      --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, Geoff Gilbert <Geoff@e...>
      wrote:

      > If Mellel files can become Spotlight
      > readable, can WordPerfect files? And if so, how
      > easy is it?

      This occurred to me. Seems it can be done; I'm working on it.

      John R.
    • Smokey Ardisson
      Message 2 of 3 , May 20, 2005
        In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "John Rethorst" <jrethorst@...> wrote:

        >--- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, Geoff Gilbert <Geoff@e...>
        >wrote:
        >
        >> If Mellel files can become Spotlight
        >> readable, can WordPerfect files? And if so, how
        >> easy is it?
        >
        >This occurred to me. Seems it can be done; I'm working on it.

        I was going to reply to Geoff's message that it would take someone
        familiar with the WP file format(s) and some Mac programming ability
        but otherwise shouldn't be *too* difficult (AFAIK, the plugin for
        NeoOffice/J and OpenOffice.org file formats was developed in a week
        or so). I'm happy to see that John R. has already jumped on it.
        I'll still be on 10.3 for a while, but it will be a nice thing to
        look forward to :-)

        Smokey
        --
        Smokey Ardisson
        Graduate Student in Middle Eastern and African History