Re: [wordperfectmac] Re: Macro help

  • RjC
    Message 1 of 12 , May 10, 2005
      John: appreciate your response and assistance.

      I entered the macro lines you provided as instructed, however, when I
      Run the macro I get an error message "Macro Terminated:command not valid
      here". Any thoughts?

      I've pasted the portion of the macro where I added your lines in case
      that helps. Thanks again for your expertise.

      Type (RICHARD J. S)
      Tab
      Font Size (9)
      Font Size (8)
      Menu (Var01;"Choose email
      address:";
      {"jgel@...";"scurt@...";"ds
      tauf@..."})
      Case (Var01;{1;JFG;2;SFCC;3;DAS};cancel)
      Label (cancel)
      Return
      ;
      Label (JFG)
      Type (jgel@...)
      Go (continue)
      ;
      Label (SFC)
      Type (scurt@...)
      Go (continue)
      ;
      Label (DAS)
      Type (dstauf@...)
      Go (continue)
      ;
      Tab
      Type (TELEFAX)
      Font Size (8)

      circa 5/9/2005 11:12 PM, "[rjc]" <[rjtc@...]> opined:

      Message 2 of 12 , May 10, 2005
        --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, RjC <rjtc@o...> wrote:

        > I entered the macro lines you provided as instructed,
        > however, when I Run the macro I get an error message
        > "Macro Terminated:command not valid here". Any
        > thoughts?

        When I run it, I don't get the Not Valid error (if you have
        a window open when run, do you get that error before
        the menu appears, or after you've made a choice from it?),
        but I get a Label Not Found error when I choose the second
        menu item. This is because in the Case line you have "SFCC"
        and the second Label is "SFC", while they must match exactly.

        Also note that this part of the code must conclude with a

        Label (continue)

        I've put the corrected macro in a file in the Temporary_Items
        folder at the top of the Files section here. Let us know how
        that runs.

        John
      • rjtc5
        Message 3 of 12 , May 11, 2005
          John: again thank you.

          I made the changes you referenced (ie. SFCC to SFC and ended
          that section of the macro w/ Label (continue)), and running the
          macro w/ a document open. Unfortunateley, I am still getting the
          "Macro Terminated: This command not valid here". I'm not
          entirely sure what to look for so it may be something simple.
          Apologies for the hand holding. rich

          Message 4 of 12 , May 11, 2005
            On May 11, 2005, at 10:25 AM, rjtc5 wrote:

            > I made the changes you referenced (ie. SFCC to SFC and ended
            > that section of the macro w/ Label (continue)), and  running the
            > macro w/ a document open.   Unfortunateley, I am still getting the
            > "Macro Terminated: This command not valid here".

            At the top of the macro, add this line:

            Step (On)

            Now when you run the macro, you'll see a new window at the bottom of
            your screen with the line of macro code that's about to be executed.
            Press any key to execute that line, and you'll see the next line appear
            in the window. Continue stepping through it until you get the error.
            What line produces it?

            John R.
          • rjtc5
            Message 5 of 12 , May 11, 2005
              Update: I copied the part of the macro we are working on into
              another copy and it works to a point. The dialog box comes up
              to "choose email address", but, once I make a selection the
              macro hangs up or stops. It actually puts the email address into
              the header, however, it does not continue w/ the rest of the
              letterhead? Any thoughts? Thanks, rich

              --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "rjtc5" <rjtc@o...>
              wrote:
              > John: again thank you.
              >
              > I made the changes you referenced (ie. SFCC to SFC and
              ended
              > that section of the macro w/ Label (continue)), and running the
              > macro w/ a document open. Unfortunateley, I am still getting
              the
              > "Macro Terminated: This command not valid here". I'm not
              > entirely sure what to look for so it may be something simple.
              > Apologies for the hand holding. rich
              >

              > --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "John Rethorst"
              > <jrethorst@y...> wrote:
              > > --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, RjC <rjtc@o...>
              > wrote:
              > >
              > > > I entered the macro lines you provided as instructed,
              > > > however, when I Run the macro I get an error message
              > > > "Macro Terminated:command not valid here". Any
              > > > thoughts?
              > >
              > > When I run it, I don't get the Not Valid error (if you have
              > > a window open when run, do you get that error before
              > > the menu appears, or after you've made a choice from it?),
              > > but I get a Label Not Found error when I choose the second
              > > menu item. This is because in the Case line you have
              "SFCC"
              > > and the second Label is "SFC", while they must match
              exactly.

              > > Also note that this part of the code must conclude with a
              > >
              > > Label (continue)
              > >
              > > I've put the corrected macro in a file in the Temporary_Items
              > > folder at the top of the Files section here. Let us know how
              > > that runs.
              > >
              > > John
            • rjtc5
              Message 6 of 12 , May 11, 2005
                john - added the "step (on)" line at the top of macro (that is a
                pretty cool tool). Anyway, it hangs up at the line beginning with
                "Menu (Var01; "choose email address .....". Any thoughts.

                Message 7 of 12 , May 11, 2005
                  --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "rjtc5" <rjtc@o...> wrote:
                  > john - added the "step (on)" line at the top of macro (that is a
                  > pretty cool tool). Anyway, it hangs up at the line beginning with
                  > "Menu (Var01; "choose email address .....".

                  Does it hang in the macro I put in Files > Temporary_Items here?
                  (BTW small update is now there).

                  John R.
                • rjtc5
                  Message 8 of 12 , May 11, 2005
                    I don't know . I had a problem installing that macro. With the
                    document open, I go through the process to install
                    (Edit/Prefs/Librarian/set Resource drop-down to macros),
                    however, nothing shows in the window to the right which I can
                    copy to my library? After I updated my macro using the edit
                    command under Tools>Macro and ran into problems I wanted to
                    give yours a shot, but, found I was not able to copy into the
                    library. rich

                    Message 9 of 12 , May 12, 2005
                      [Taken off-list due to detailed trouble-shooting and fixed.
                      I'll post a summary.]