Re: [wordperfectmac] Re: Pages

  • Phillip Jones, C.E.T.
    Message 1 of 7 , May 10, 2005
      I tested Pages and was thoroughly unimpressed.

      I found a fault right off the Bat I wanted to insert a Logo in the
      Header on most programs including Word The header window automatically
      grows as needed. In Pages you set up the header box to a particular
      size. and if it what need doesn't fit tough luck.

      John Rethorst wrote:
      > --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, Archer Family <tarcher@m...> wrote:
      > > When I try to open a WP document, it is dimmed. Pages Help says the
      > > following:
      > >
      > > If the document you want to open is dimmed, Pages cannot import it. If
      > > possible, open the document in another application and save it in a
      > > format Pages can read.
      > >
      > > Pages can import the following file formats: plain text (.txt), Rich
      > > Text Format (.rtf and .rtfd), HTML (.html), AppleWorks 6 word
      > > processing (.cwk), Word (.doc), and WordML (.xml).
      > >
      > > Looks like it can't do WP.
      >
      > Save the WP doc as RTF and open that in Pages. MetaMacro, in the
      > Files section here, includes a Save as RTF macro, so you could do
      > that on hundreds of files at a time if need be.
      >
      > John R.
      >
      > P.S. Does Pages _export_ RTF?

      Phillip M. Jones, CET |MEMBER:VPEA (LIFE) ETA-I, NESDA,ISCET, Sterling

      If it's "fixed", don't "break it"!

      mailto:pjones@...

      <http://vpea.exis.net>
      <http://www.vpea.org>
    • Archer Family
      Message 2 of 7 , May 10, 2005
        On May 10, 2005, at 4:50 PM, John Rethorst wrote:

        > P.S. Does Pages _export_ RTF?

        Yes, it does, as well as Word format, HTML (poorly), plain text and .pdf

        ---Tim
      • GAmoore@aol.com
        Message 3 of 7 , May 10, 2005
          I played with Pages in the store, and it seemed pretty nice. I did a screen
          shot, then imported it, and resized it within the document in realtime by using
          handles in full color.

          I an wondering if I can bring my equations from WP, and also I do "answer
          boxes" which are blank text with WP text borders.