Re: Pages

    Message 1 of 7 , May 10 2:50 PM
      --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, Archer Family <tarcher@m...> wrote:
      > When I try to open a WP document, it is dimmed. Pages Help says the
      > following:
      >
      > If the document you want to open is dimmed, Pages cannot import it. If
      > possible, open the document in another application and save it in a
      > format Pages can read.
      >
      > Pages can import the following file formats: plain text (.txt), Rich
      > Text Format (.rtf and .rtfd), HTML (.html), AppleWorks 6 word
      > processing (.cwk), Word (.doc), and WordML (.xml).
      >
      > Looks like it can't do WP.

      Save the WP doc as RTF and open that in Pages. MetaMacro, in the
      Files section here, includes a Save as RTF macro, so you could do
      that on hundreds of files at a time if need be.

      John R.

      P.S. Does Pages _export_ RTF?
    • Phillip Jones, C.E.T.
      Message 2 of 7 , May 10 3:57 PM
        I tested Pages and was thoroughly unimpressed.

        I found a fault right off the Bat I wanted to insert a Logo in the
        Header on most programs including Word The header window automatically
        grows as needed. In Pages you set up the header box to a particular
        size. and if it what need doesn't fit tough luck.

        John Rethorst wrote:
        > --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, Archer Family <tarcher@m...> wrote:
        > > When I try to open a WP document, it is dimmed. Pages Help says the
        > > following:
        > >
        > > If the document you want to open is dimmed, Pages cannot import it. If
        > > possible, open the document in another application and save it in a
        > > format Pages can read.
        > >
        > > Pages can import the following file formats: plain text (.txt), Rich
        > > Text Format (.rtf and .rtfd), HTML (.html), AppleWorks 6 word
        > > processing (.cwk), Word (.doc), and WordML (.xml).
        > >
        > > Looks like it can't do WP.
        >
        > Save the WP doc as RTF and open that in Pages. MetaMacro, in the
        > Files section here, includes a Save as RTF macro, so you could do
        > that on hundreds of files at a time if need be.
        >
        > John R.
        >
        > P.S. Does Pages _export_ RTF?

        Phillip M. Jones, CET |MEMBER:VPEA (LIFE) ETA-I, NESDA,ISCET, Sterling

        If it's "fixed", don't "break it"!

        mailto:pjones@...

        <http://vpea.exis.net>
        <http://www.vpea.org>
      • Archer Family
        Message 3 of 7 , May 10 3:57 PM
          On May 10, 2005, at 4:50 PM, John Rethorst wrote:

          > P.S. Does Pages _export_ RTF?

          Yes, it does, as well as Word format, HTML (poorly), plain text and .pdf

          ---Tim
        • GAmoore@aol.com
          Message 4 of 7 , May 10 6:48 PM
            I played with Pages in the store, and it seemed pretty nice. I did a screen
            shot, then imported it, and resized it within the document in realtime by using
            handles in full color.

            I an wondering if I can bring my equations from WP, and also I do "answer
            boxes" which are blank text with WP text borders.