Re: [wordperfectmac] WP in a law office?

  • Barney Christianson
    Message 1 of 5 , May 10 1:39 PM
      John said:

      >I'd be happy to work up a few things that would be
      >especially useful in a law office... What
      >else would you like to see?
      >
      >John R.

      Somewhere, a long, long time ago (no, in this galaxy), I saw a macro
      that was supposed to do the following. If I remember the set-up
      accurately, I was to take all my boiler-plate clauses and save each
      clause as a separate document in a Library. I would (if I had done
      it) then have a Library for Leases, Separation Agreements, Wills, etc.

      I would start preparing (for example) a Farm Lease. At the right
      spot, I would run the macro. It was to open the Libray/Farm leases,
      display the names of the documents and allow me to select one. The
      macro would insert that selection, then put me back in charge. It
      would also make sure Outlining was running so the inserted paragraph
      and what followed it would be properly numbered.

      Before I could break the habit of "cut and paste", I lost the macro.

      Perhaps such a macro might be useful outside the lawyer business, if
      someone else compiles documents with frequent inclusions of
      boiler-plate. Speech-writers?

      Barney

      Message 2 of 5 , May 12 8:28 AM
        --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, Barney Christianson
        <bchristianson@c...>
        wrote:

        > Somewhere, a long, long time ago (no, in this galaxy), I saw a
        > macro that was supposed to do the following. If I remember the
        > set-up accurately, I was to take all my boiler-plate clauses
        > and save each clause as a separate document in a Library.
        > I would (if I had done it) then have a Library for Leases,
        > Separation Agreements, Wills, etc.
        >
        > I would start preparing (for example) a Farm Lease. At the right
        > spot, I would run the macro. It was to open the Libray/Farm leases,
        > display the names of the documents and allow me to select one. The
        > macro would insert that selection, then put me back in charge. It
        > would also make sure Outlining was running so the inserted
        > paragraph and what followed it would be properly numbered.

        What OS are you on? if 9, my UltraClip, in the Files section here,
        would be made-to-order. Not yet updated for OSX. Glossary 1.4.1
        is updated for X, but only supports short pieces of text. IIRC
        TypeIt4Me has a glossary feature.

        John R.
      • Randy B. Singer
        Message 3 of 5 , May 12 11:37 AM
          Barney Christianson said:

          >Somewhere, a long, long time ago (no, in this galaxy), I saw a macro
          >that was supposed to do the following. If I remember the set-up
          >accurately, I was to take all my boiler-plate clauses and save each
          >clause as a separate document in a Library. I would (if I had done
          >it) then have a Library for Leases, Separation Agreements, Wills, etc.

          Check out:

          EZNote X
          http://www.johnvholder.com/eznxdesc.html

          Which isn't exactly what you are asking for, but it is functionally the
          same.

          You can, for instance, go through every lease document on your computer
          (and/or on the Web), copy the relevant clauses instantly to EZNote X, and
          then in EZNote X you can designate all of these clauses as belonging to
          the "lease" category. Then when you want to create a new lease document
          at any time in the future, you only have to choose the clauses that you
          want to use from EZNote X and drop them into your document.

          Randy B. Singer

          http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html