Re: Macro help

    Message 1 of 12 , May 9, 2005
      The first line didn't quite copy correctly. It should read:

      Menu (Var01;"Choose email address:";
      {"alpha@...";"bravo@...";"charlie@..."})

      which should be all one line (wrapped perhaps, depending on
      how you size the window) in the macro editor.

      John R.
    • RjC
      Message 2 of 12 , May 10, 2005
        John: appreciate your response and assistance.

        I entered the macro lines you provided as instructed, however, when I
        Run the macro I get an error message "Macro Terminated:command not valid
        here". Any thoughts?

        I've pasted the portion of the macro where I added your lines in case
        that helps. Thanks again for your expertise.

        Type (RICHARD J. S)
        Tab
        Font Size (9)
        Font Size (8)
        Menu (Var01;"Choose email
        address:";
        {"jgel@...";"scurt@...";"ds
        tauf@..."})
        Case (Var01;{1;JFG;2;SFCC;3;DAS};cancel)
        Label (cancel)
        Return
        ;
        Label (JFG)
        Type (jgel@...)
        Go (continue)
        ;
        Label (SFC)
        Type (scurt@...)
        Go (continue)
        ;
        Label (DAS)
        Type (dstauf@...)
        Go (continue)
        ;
        Tab
        Type (TELEFAX)
        Font Size (8)

        circa 5/9/2005 11:12 PM, "[rjc]" <[rjtc@...]> opined:

        Message 3 of 12 , May 10, 2005
          --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, RjC <rjtc@o...> wrote:

          > I entered the macro lines you provided as instructed,
          > however, when I Run the macro I get an error message
          > "Macro Terminated:command not valid here". Any
          > thoughts?

          When I run it, I don't get the Not Valid error (if you have
          a window open when run, do you get that error before
          the menu appears, or after you've made a choice from it?),
          but I get a Label Not Found error when I choose the second
          menu item. This is because in the Case line you have "SFCC"
          and the second Label is "SFC", while they must match exactly.

          Also note that this part of the code must conclude with a

          Label (continue)

          I've put the corrected macro in a file in the Temporary_Items
          folder at the top of the Files section here. Let us know how
          that runs.

          John
        • rjtc5
          Message 4 of 12 , May 11, 2005
            John: again thank you.

            I made the changes you referenced (ie. SFCC to SFC and ended
            that section of the macro w/ Label (continue)), and running the
            macro w/ a document open. Unfortunateley, I am still getting the
            "Macro Terminated: This command not valid here". I'm not
            entirely sure what to look for so it may be something simple.
            Apologies for the hand holding. rich

            Message 5 of 12 , May 11, 2005
              On May 11, 2005, at 10:25 AM, rjtc5 wrote:

              > I made the changes you referenced (ie. SFCC to SFC and ended
              > that section of the macro w/ Label (continue)), and  running the
              > macro w/ a document open.   Unfortunateley, I am still getting the
              > "Macro Terminated: This command not valid here".

              At the top of the macro, add this line:

              Step (On)

              Now when you run the macro, you'll see a new window at the bottom of
              your screen with the line of macro code that's about to be executed.
              Press any key to execute that line, and you'll see the next line appear
              in the window. Continue stepping through it until you get the error.
              What line produces it?

              John R.
            • rjtc5
              Message 6 of 12 , May 11, 2005
                Update: I copied the part of the macro we are working on into
                another copy and it works to a point. The dialog box comes up
                to "choose email address", but, once I make a selection the
                macro hangs up or stops. It actually puts the email address into
                the header, however, it does not continue w/ the rest of the
                letterhead? Any thoughts? Thanks, rich

                --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "rjtc5" <rjtc@o...>
                wrote:
                > John: again thank you.
                >
                > I made the changes you referenced (ie. SFCC to SFC and
                ended
                > that section of the macro w/ Label (continue)), and running the
                > macro w/ a document open. Unfortunateley, I am still getting
                the
                > "Macro Terminated: This command not valid here". I'm not
                > entirely sure what to look for so it may be something simple.
                > Apologies for the hand holding. rich
                >

                > --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "John Rethorst"
                > <jrethorst@y...> wrote:
                > > --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, RjC <rjtc@o...>
                > wrote:
                > >
                > > > I entered the macro lines you provided as instructed,
                > > > however, when I Run the macro I get an error message
                > > > "Macro Terminated:command not valid here". Any
                > > > thoughts?
                > >
                > > When I run it, I don't get the Not Valid error (if you have
                > > a window open when run, do you get that error before
                > > the menu appears, or after you've made a choice from it?),
                > > but I get a Label Not Found error when I choose the second
                > > menu item. This is because in the Case line you have
                "SFCC"
                > > and the second Label is "SFC", while they must match
                exactly.

                > > Also note that this part of the code must conclude with a
                > >
                > > Label (continue)
                > >
                > > I've put the corrected macro in a file in the Temporary_Items
                > > folder at the top of the Files section here. Let us know how
                > > that runs.
                > >
                > > John
              • rjtc5
                Message 7 of 12 , May 11, 2005
                  john - added the "step (on)" line at the top of macro (that is a
                  pretty cool tool). Anyway, it hangs up at the line beginning with
                  "Menu (Var01; "choose email address .....". Any thoughts.

                  Message 8 of 12 , May 11, 2005
                    --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "rjtc5" <rjtc@o...> wrote:
                    > john - added the "step (on)" line at the top of macro (that is a
                    > pretty cool tool). Anyway, it hangs up at the line beginning with
                    > "Menu (Var01; "choose email address .....".

                    Does it hang in the macro I put in Files > Temporary_Items here?
                    (BTW small update is now there).

                    John R.
                  • rjtc5
                    Message 9 of 12 , May 11, 2005
                      I don't know . I had a problem installing that macro. With the
                      document open, I go through the process to install
                      (Edit/Prefs/Librarian/set Resource drop-down to macros),
                      however, nothing shows in the window to the right which I can
                      copy to my library? After I updated my macro using the edit
                      command under Tools>Macro and ran into problems I wanted to
                      give yours a shot, but, found I was not able to copy into the
                      library. rich

                      Message 10 of 12 , May 12, 2005
                        [Taken off-list due to detailed trouble-shooting and fixed.
                        I'll post a summary.]