Pages

  • GAmoore@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , May 9, 2005
      Has anyone tried importing WP into Apple's new Pages program?

      Message 2 of 7 , May 9, 2005
        On May 9, 2005, at 12:14 PM, GAmoore@... wrote:

        > Has anyone tried importing WP into Apple's new Pages program?

        I'm planning to get Pages so I can try the reverse: Pages > RTF > WP.
        The droplet I posted yesterday to the Files section is part of a larger
        project, so that a Mac user with AppleWorks (came with some Macs),
        Pages (I think that iWork, including Pages, will come with some new
        Macs), or TextEdit, which comes with all Macs, will be able to convert
        a MS Word file to WP just by dropping it on the icon.

        John R.
      • Archer Family
        Message 3 of 7 , May 10, 2005
          When I try to open a WP document, it is dimmed. Pages Help says the
          following:

          If the document you want to open is dimmed, Pages cannot import it. If
          possible, open the document in another application and save it in a
          format Pages can read.

          Pages can import the following file formats: plain text (.txt), Rich
          Text Format (.rtf and .rtfd), HTML (.html), AppleWorks 6 word
          processing (.cwk), Word (.doc), and WordML (.xml).

          Looks like it can't do WP.

          ---Tim

          Message 4 of 7 , May 10, 2005
            --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, Archer Family <tarcher@m...> wrote:
            > When I try to open a WP document, it is dimmed. Pages Help says the
            > following:
            >
            > If the document you want to open is dimmed, Pages cannot import it. If
            > possible, open the document in another application and save it in a
            > format Pages can read.
            >
            > Pages can import the following file formats: plain text (.txt), Rich
            > Text Format (.rtf and .rtfd), HTML (.html), AppleWorks 6 word
            > processing (.cwk), Word (.doc), and WordML (.xml).
            >
            > Looks like it can't do WP.

            Save the WP doc as RTF and open that in Pages. MetaMacro, in the
            Files section here, includes a Save as RTF macro, so you could do
            that on hundreds of files at a time if need be.

            John R.

            P.S. Does Pages _export_ RTF?
          • Phillip Jones, C.E.T.
            Message 5 of 7 , May 10, 2005
              I tested Pages and was thoroughly unimpressed.

              I found a fault right off the Bat I wanted to insert a Logo in the
              Header on most programs including Word The header window automatically
              grows as needed. In Pages you set up the header box to a particular
              size. and if it what need doesn't fit tough luck.

              John Rethorst wrote:
              > --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, Archer Family <tarcher@m...> wrote:
              > > When I try to open a WP document, it is dimmed. Pages Help says the
              > > following:
              > >
              > > If the document you want to open is dimmed, Pages cannot import it. If
              > > possible, open the document in another application and save it in a
              > > format Pages can read.
              > >
              > > Pages can import the following file formats: plain text (.txt), Rich
              > > Text Format (.rtf and .rtfd), HTML (.html), AppleWorks 6 word
              > > processing (.cwk), Word (.doc), and WordML (.xml).
              > >
              > > Looks like it can't do WP.
              >
              > Save the WP doc as RTF and open that in Pages. MetaMacro, in the
              > Files section here, includes a Save as RTF macro, so you could do
              > that on hundreds of files at a time if need be.
              >
              > John R.
              >
              > P.S. Does Pages _export_ RTF?

              Phillip M. Jones, CET |MEMBER:VPEA (LIFE) ETA-I, NESDA,ISCET, Sterling

              If it's "fixed", don't "break it"!

              mailto:pjones@...

              <http://vpea.exis.net>
              <http://www.vpea.org>
            • Archer Family
              Message 6 of 7 , May 10, 2005
                On May 10, 2005, at 4:50 PM, John Rethorst wrote:

                > P.S. Does Pages _export_ RTF?

                Yes, it does, as well as Word format, HTML (poorly), plain text and .pdf

                ---Tim
              • GAmoore@aol.com
                Message 7 of 7 , May 10, 2005
                  I played with Pages in the store, and it seemed pretty nice. I did a screen
                  shot, then imported it, and resized it within the document in realtime by using
                  handles in full color.

                  I an wondering if I can bring my equations from WP, and also I do "answer
                  boxes" which are blank text with WP text borders.