Re: WP Fonts Running Classic

    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 30, 2005
      --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, GAmoore@a... wrote:

      > Thats what I thought too. I have an ibook and some other macs
      > before and there was a "System Folder". I did a search right now,
      > on my G5 and there is nothing. However, if I do a search on
      > "classic" I do get some things. It seems that classic can run as
      > a componet of Panther. I also did a search on "finder" and
      > looked in the disk and saw the "System" (X) folder but no "System
      > Folder".

      Go to System Preferences > Classic > Start/Stop. In bold just above
      the center, a line will say "Classic is running using . . ." with the
      name and disk location of Classic's system folder. Just below that,
      there's a "Select a system folder for Classic" line and selection box
      showing the path to the folder. Randy's right that Classic needs it;
      I wonder if yours has been moved or renamed.

      John R.
    • GAmoore@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 30, 2005
        In a message dated 4/30/05 10:40:50 AM, jrethorst@... writes:

        > Go to System Preferences > Classic > Start/Stop. In bold just above
        > the center, a line will say "Classic is running using . . ." with the
        > name and disk location of Classic's system folder. Just below that,
        > there's a "Select a system folder for Classic" line and selection box
        > showing the path to the folder. Randy's right that Classic needs it;
        > I wonder if yours has been moved or renamed.

        OK. thanks! I have two internal hard drives - and it was finding the system
        folder (9) on the other hard drive.