wordperfect windows files in wordperfect mac?

  • russgm
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 26, 2005
      Hi-
      I am a recent PC to Mac switcher(this week!). For years I have used
      Windows(lately XP)/
      Wordperfect (Ver 8 )and have 100's of Windows/WP files. My new
      computer is a Mac with
      OSX 10.3.8. I found your group last night and have installed the
      "classic OS9" on my mac
      and also i downloaded WP for Mac(3.5?). I have no trouble getting WP
      for Mac to work in
      "Classic"....BUT I must be missing some step because I still can't
      open Windows/WP files.
      What am I supposed to do?
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 26, 2005
        --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "russgm" <russgm@y...> wrote:

        > I am a recent PC to Mac switcher(this week!). For years I
        > have used Windows(lately XP)/ Wordperfect (Ver 8 )and have
        > 100's of Windows/WP files. My new computer is a Mac with
        > OSX 10.3.8. I found your group last night and have
        > installed the "classic OS9" on my mac and also i
        > downloaded WP for Mac(3.5?). I have no trouble getting WP
        > for Mac to work in "Classic" . . . .BUT I must be missing
        > some step because I still can't open Windows/WP files.
        > What am I supposed to do?

        1. If you don't already have it, go to the Files section
        here and download the "Updater for OS 8, 9 and Classic" and
        run it. This makes WP work _much_ better (in fact,
        faultlessly) in Classic.

        2. Go to the Files section, to the Conversions folder, and
        get "WordPerfect Conversions 2.0.sit". Rename this folder
        "Conversions" and put it in your WordPerfect folder (i.e.
        the folder that contains the application, or the folder you
        designated as the application folder in Edit > Prefs >
        Folders). Start WP, and you should now see your Windows
        files in the Open dialog.
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 30, 2005
          --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "John Rethorst" <jrethorst@p...> wrote:

          > --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "russgm" <russgm@y...> wrote:
          >
          > > I must be missing
          > > some step because I still can't open Windows/WP files.
          >
          > get "WordPerfect Conversions 2.0.sit". Rename this folder
          > "Conversions" and put it in your WordPerfect folder (i.e.
          > the folder that contains the application, or the folder you
          > designated as the application folder in Edit > Prefs >
          > Folders). Start WP, and you should now see your Windows
          > files in the Open dialog.

          Also look at Smokey Ardisson's Conversion Tips, and the set
          of Conversion Droplets. These are in the Conversions folder
          here.