Anyway to disable a password on a file?

  • Samuel Buick
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 14, 2005
      Hi!

      I am in need of some help. I have WordPerfect 3.5, and use it on my G4
      under OS X in the Classic mode. I
      have a file in WordPerfect that has a password protecting it, and it
      has been like five years since I used this file
      and for the life of me I cannot recall the password. Is there a way to
      open a file by disabling a password or
      a means of translating a file and then opening it? Any help would be
      appreciated.

      Thanks,
      Sam
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 15, 2005
        --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, Samuel Buick <firstcorinthians1426@y...>
        wrote:

        > I cannot recall the password. Is there a way to
        > open a file by disabling a password

        You could go to the Files section here and get the
        Archive Index (at the top of the list). I searched it for
        'password' and got 29 entries - out of the 15,000 in
        our archive of the tech support newsletter, the book,
        and eight years of mailing list discussion.