Re: another OSX WP display issue

    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 7, 2005
      --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "Randall C. Wilson"
      <rwilson@i...> wrote:

      > I am running Panther and lately when I open a
      > document in WP after making WP the active program or
      > double clicking the document in Finder, the document
      > does not appear on screen but WP insists that the
      > document is already open. when I try to open the
      > document again. The quick work around is to close all
      > windows and reopen the document. Anybody know why
      > this might be happening?

      Either Panther or all versions of OSX can let window 1 of
      application A come forward, while keeping window 2 of
      application A behind all windows of application B. This was
      disconcerting to the undersigned luddite, accustomed as he
      was to seeing all windows of app B in front of all windows
      of app A when clicking any window of app B. I haven't seen
      this in OSX/classic apps, but I haven't seen it at all since
      installing X-Assist, a third-party freebie that brings back
      the OS9 application menu as well as window
      behavior.

      Sure that WP window isn't in the pile somewhere?

      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 7, 2005
        --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, Geoff Gilbert <Geoff@e...>
        wrote:

        > Exposé makes WP vanish???

        Exposé works for classic?

        Not here, although WP's Tile Windows command does the same as
        Application Windows Exposé, if a little less flamboyantly.