[wordperfectmac] another OSX WP display issue

  • Randall C. Wilson
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 7, 2005
      I am running Panther and lately when I open a document in WP after
      making WP the active program or double clicking the document in
      Finder, the document does not appear on screen but WP insists that
      the document is already open. when I try to open the document again.
      The quick work around is to close all windows and reopen the
      document. Anybody know why this might be happening?

      Creating a new preference file does not help.

      Must I re-install WP?
      --
      /S/ Randall

      mailto:rwilson@...

      Alternate: mailto:gryndal@...
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 7, 2005
        Exposé makes WP vanish???

        geoff

        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 7, 2005
          --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "Randall C. Wilson"
          <rwilson@i...> wrote:

          > I am running Panther and lately when I open a
          > document in WP after making WP the active program or
          > double clicking the document in Finder, the document
          > does not appear on screen but WP insists that the
          > document is already open. when I try to open the
          > document again. The quick work around is to close all
          > windows and reopen the document. Anybody know why
          > this might be happening?

          Either Panther or all versions of OSX can let window 1 of
          application A come forward, while keeping window 2 of
          application A behind all windows of application B. This was
          disconcerting to the undersigned luddite, accustomed as he
          was to seeing all windows of app B in front of all windows
          of app A when clicking any window of app B. I haven't seen
          this in OSX/classic apps, but I haven't seen it at all since
          installing X-Assist, a third-party freebie that brings back
          the OS9 application menu as well as window
          behavior.

          Sure that WP window isn't in the pile somewhere?

          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 7, 2005
            --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, Geoff Gilbert <Geoff@e...>
            wrote:

            > Exposé makes WP vanish???

            Exposé works for classic?

            Not here, although WP's Tile Windows command does the same as
            Application Windows Exposé, if a little less flamboyantly.