Converting wordperfect dos to mac word perfect.

  • decart123
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 2, 2005
      I just got a new mac. I downloaded Word Perfect for mac. But I can't
      seem to open files written in dos. They don't even show up on the
      'open file' screen. Help please.
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 2, 2005
        > I just got a new mac. I downloaded Word Perfect for mac. But I can't
        > seem to open files written in dos. They don't even show up on the
        > 'open file' screen. Help please.

        Get the Conversions from the Files section here. Put the contents in the Conversions folder in your WordPerfect folder.

        Sign-up for Ads Free at Mail.com
        http://promo.mail.com/adsfreejump.htm
      • decart123
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 2, 2005
          <jrethorst@p...> wrote:
          > > I just got a new mac. I downloaded Word Perfect for mac. But I can't
          > > seem to open files written in dos. They don't even show up on the
          > > 'open file' screen. Help please.
          >
          > Get the Conversions from the Files section here. Put the contents in
          the Conversions folder in your WordPerfect folder.

          > John R.
          > -- I did that and it still won't work. HELP!
          > Sign-up for Ads Free at Mail.com
          > http://promo.mail.com/adsfreejump.htm
        • Smokey Ardisson
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 3, 2005
            --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "decart123" <decart123@y...> wrote:

            > I just got a new mac. I downloaded Word Perfect for mac. But I can't
            > seem to open files written in dos. They don't even show up on the
            > 'open file' screen. Help please.

            In addition to the Conversions filters John R. mentioned, you'll also need to make sure the files have a valid Macintosh type code to show up in the Open File dialogue.

            Check out the "Conversion Tips" document in the Conversions folder of the Files section of this group for more info; the Conversion Droplets package (in the same place) should do the trick so that you can open the documents via double-click and through the Open File dialogue.

            Smokey
          • decart123
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 3, 2005
              --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "Smokey Ardisson"