Re: MS Word 5 files

  • Stephen
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 20, 2005
      --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, Smokey Ardisson <alqahira@m...>
      wrote:
      > In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "Stephen" <wago295@y...> wrote:
      >
      > >A few days ago when WP wouldn't open MS Word 5, I found MacLinkPlus for
      > >Easy Open in an old startup folder. I added it to my OS9 folder. I
      > >got startup freezes. After starting with extensions off to remove it,
      > >a message told me my Finder Preferences had been replaced.
      >
      > Does the MLP for Easy Open extension match the version of MLP that
      > you have installed? And is that version of MLP compatible with OS 9?
      > Those could conceivably be problems. My MLP version is 12.002, which
      > is know was not the last version compatible with OS 9....
      >
      > I'm really puzzled as to why your Finder preferences get replaced....
      >
      > Sorry I'm more of a red herring than a help here. I've been on OS X
      > for a year and a half now and my store of OS 9 knowledge has rapidly
      > dissipated....

      The first time, I had two Easy Open control panels, both switched off.
      The second time, I'd used Extensions Manager to move both to the
      disabled folder.

      The MLP for Easy Open is 9.0.2 from 1997.

      I had also removed MLP for Claris Works 68k. I don't know why Claris
      Works 5 installed it a 68k extension, but the application seems to
      convert fine without it. That's version 9.70.

      MLP for WP remains. It's Version 1.30 from 1995.

      In my control panels I have MLP Setup for CW. It doesn't seem to do
      anything I care about.

      I don't understand these things.

      Stephen