Re: New to WPMac, Old WPDOS user

    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 18, 2005
      --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "Smokey Ardisson"
      <alqahira@m...> wrote:

      > FYI, I had Script Editor complain about the quotes around WPC2 and
      > WPPC in the above on run block; I changed them to single quotes
      > and the script compiled.

      I used smart quotes in the editor; the net changed them to plain
      quotes and I didn't notice. Sorry. It's also possible to use plain
      quotes in a script by using the escape character, e.g.
      "the code \"WPPC\" represents file type."

      > John, is yours supposed to handle multiple items in a single drop?

      No, although it could be made to do so, and to walk folders too. I
      worry a little about scripts that are too-powerful, where a user
      could select all files in a folder and drop them on this script.
      Their creators and types are all changed, including the two files
      from another app the user mistakenly put in that folder. Without a
      third file of that type as a reference, the user doesn't know what to
      change them back to and so can't open them.

      > (The savvy AppleScripter can incorporate the extension-checking
      >scheme into John R's for complete coverage!)

      That would be a good addition.