Re: [wordperfectmac] MetaMacro

  • Randy B. Singer
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 3 11:28 AM
      ICLUF Legal Director Randall C. Wilson said:

      >So, as a lawyer, I could use that to do a word search of an
      >opponent's brief or deposition and return all occurences of the term
      >embedded in its full context?

      You might find this program useful:

      Concorder is a program for the creation, editing, sorting and printing of
      concordances. The program includes a fully functional text and
      list-editor.

      Concorder and Concorder Pro (free?)

      <http://homepage.mac.com/fahrenba/concorder/concorder.html>

      <http://homepage.mac.com/fahrenba/concorderPro/concorderPro.html>

      Randy B. Singer, Attorney at Law

      * Moderator of:
      The MacAttorney Computer User Group
      * Author of:
      The Macintosh Software Guide for the Law Office
      <http://tinyurl.com/6pyvt>
      * Webmaster of:
      The Law Office Software List for the Macintosh Computer
      <http://www.macattorney.com/>
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 6 8:42 PM
        Randall, either of these could suit your needs. I looked at Concorder
        Pro and found it fast
        with a nice interface, but didn't see a setting to show more than
        a few words of context on
        either side of the search string. MetaMacro gives you the entire
        paragraph containing your
        string.

        With MetaMacro, If one file is all you normally do this with,
        it's an extra step to put it in its
        own folder, since MM works on contents of a folder. I could revise
        the MM Extract Text
        macro that comes with MM so you could just enter a string and run the
        macro itself on any
        open WP doc. Let me know.
      • logres@redrose.net
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 7 12:34 PM
          Let's see "Pages" do *that*! Or Word, either, for that matter.
          --Rick Albright
          <tt>
          <BR>
          --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "ICLUF Legal Director Randall C. Wilson" <BR>
          <rwilson@i...> wrote:<BR>
          > So, as a lawyer, I could use that to do a word search of an <BR>
          > opponent's brief or deposition and return all occurences of the term <BR>
          > embedded in  its full context?<BR>
          <BR>
          Correct.<BR>
          <BR>