Diagonal lines corner-to-corner on every page

  • paul_konnersman
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 21, 2005
      I've all of a sudden got diagonal lines corner-to-corner on every
      page, something I've never seen before. Can anyone tell me how to get
      rid of them?

      Paul
    • Kevin McCoy
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 21, 2005
        Do you have a watermark or header/footer that has a graphic in it that
        lost it's link to the graphic file? When WP can't display a graphic I
        believe it displays a box with a red "X" through it.

        -Kevin

        On Jan 21, 2005, at 2:17 PM, paul_konnersman wrote:

        > I've all of a sudden got diagonal lines corner-to-corner on every
        > page, something I've never seen before. Can anyone tell me how to get
        > rid of them?
        >
        > Paul
      • paul_konnersman
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 21, 2005
          Thanks Kevin. That was it --- a watermark.

          Paul

          --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, Kevin McCoy <kevin@m...> wrote:
          > Do you have a watermark or header/footer that has a graphic in it that
          > lost it's link to the graphic file? When WP can't display a graphic I
          > believe it displays a box with a red "X" through it.
          >
          > -Kevin
          >
          > On Jan 21, 2005, at 2:17 PM, paul_konnersman wrote:
          >

          > > I've all of a sudden got diagonal lines corner-to-corner on every
          > > page, something I've never seen before. Can anyone tell me how to get
          > > rid of them?
          > >
          > > Paul
        • bcqc2003
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 30, 2007
            In January 2005, Paul asked and Kevin answered (edited)

            (Paul) "I've all of a sudden got diagonal lines corner-to-corner on
            every page, something I've never seen before. Can anyone tell me how
            to get rid of them?"

            (Kevin) "Do you have a watermark or header/footer that has a graphic
            in it that lost it's link to the graphic file? When WP can't display a
            graphic I believe it displays a box with a red "X" through it."

            That solved it for Paul when he found the bad watermark.

            I get the same problem, now, on an iMac with 8.6. Whether I use the
            installed macro Legal Watermarks or make up one, it looks fine in the
            graphics window but shows up with the big X (diagonal lines, corner to
            corner) in Print Preview. It prints with that X over the page.

            I have thrown out the Legal Watermarks from the Library and replaced
            them with a clean set from another iMac that does not have the
            problem. I used Find to locate every other watermark on this iMac and
            trashed them. Any suggestions for what else I can do to find the stray
            watermark or graphic that is causing this? Any other possible cause or
            solution?

            Thanks.

            Barney
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 30, 2007
              --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "bcqc2003" <bchristianson@...> wrote:

              > I have thrown out the Legal Watermarks from the Library and replaced
              > them with a clean set from another iMac that does not have the
              > problem.

              I'd quit WP and trash the Prefs file. If that doesn't fix it, replace the Library,
              as explained in the "Tips & Macros 2.1" file in the Files section here. If
              that doesn't fix it, reinstall WP.

              John R.
            • Barney Christianson
              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 2, 2007
                >--- In
                ><mailto:wordperfectmac%40yahoogroups.com>wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com,
                >"bcqc2003" <bchristianson@...> wrote:
                >
                >> I have thrown out the Legal Watermarks from the Library and replaced
                >> them with a clean set from another iMac that does not have the
                >> problem.
                >
                >I'd quit WP and trash the Prefs file. If that doesn't fix it,
                >replace the Library,
                >as explained in the "Tips & Macros 2.1" file in the Files section here. If
                >that doesn't fix it, reinstall WP.
                >
                >John R.

                Thanks, John. I had to reinstall but that worked.

                Barney