Re: 8.6toClassic formatting changes

    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 19, 2005
      --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "bcqc2003"
      <bchristianson@c...> wrote:

      > We use a ton of precedent documents and formatting is critical.

      Choice of printer driver can affect formatting. The fractional
      character widths option in Page Setup will too.
    • Barney Christianson
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 20, 2005
        >--- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "bcqc2003"
        ><bchristianson@c...> wrote:
        >
        >> We use a ton of precedent documents and formatting is critical.
        >
        >Choice of printer driver can affect formatting. The fractional
        >character widths option in Page Setup will too.

        Thanks, John. But I must apologize for taking up your and this
        group's time because the solution was in the OS, not in WP. Ian
        Bourque of the service firm we use (Machelper) solved it - we just
        had to disable font smoothing. For those of you, like me, who had
        forgotten about that little problem child, its found in Apple Menu
        --> Control Panels --> Appearance --> FONTS tab --> Smooth All
        Fonts On Screen.

        Once I disabled that and then trashed the WP preferences, all was
        right with the world.

        Barney