Re: [wordperfectmac] How many users?

  • Randy B. Singer
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 18, 2005
      William F. Adasiewicz said:

      >>>I am wondering if anyone has any idea how many of us are still using
      >>>Wordperfect for the Mac.

      I don't know the answer to that, but I can tell you that there used to be
      a huge number of attorneys who used WP/Mac. However, I did a survey
      about word processing in The MacAttorney Newsletter about four years ago
      and 62% reported that they used some version of Microsoft Word, and 30%
      reported that they used WP/Mac. However, of those who responded that
      they used WP, just about every one of them said that they intended to
      switch to Word in the near future.

      On a different topic, I haven't received any messages from the WP-L list
      is days, and my posts to the list haven't come back either. Is the list
      down?

      Randy B. Singer

      http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html
    • RBRoufberg@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 18, 2005
        If you're taking a poll of how many people use WordPerfect for Mac, count me
        in. In fact, one of the reasons I'm so reluctant to upgrade to OS X is that
        I'm not sure WordPerfect for Mac (the final download) will still work.

        Ruth R.
      • ICLUF Legal Director Randall C. Wilson
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 18, 2005
          Ruth, I think most of us would agree that WP Mac 3.5e runs better
          under OSX (running Classic). From version 8.x on I began
          experiencing stability problems. with WP. They disappeared when I
          migrated. OSX is a bit of a culture shock at first, but if you try
          to learn and accept the new conventions, you may come to like them. I
          know I did. I am looking forward to Tiger!

          >If you're taking a poll of how many people use WordPerfect for Mac, count me
          >in. In fact, one of the reasons I'm so reluctant to upgrade to OS X is that
          >I'm not sure WordPerfect for Mac (the final download) will still work.
          >
          >Ruth R.
          >

          >Yahoo! Groups Links
          >
          >To visit your group on the web, go to:

          /s/ Randall C. Wilson, Esq.