How many users?

  • Tim Condon
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 18, 2005
      > Bill, I'm a newcomer to this list, but my guess is that the
      > answer to your question is unknown. However, my additional guess is that
      > the number is about to go higher. With the introduction of the Mini Mac
      > in a few months, a lot of us (lawyers and otherwise) will be purchasing a
      > one for use as an "extra" computer, both at home and at the office (I
      > intend to get one to use at home). And for those who are using
      > WordPerfect on our PC's, it will be important to be able to transfer
      > files back and forth; thus, there will be increased interest in
      > WordPerfect for the Mac (one indication might be that this list grows
      > briskly in the next 7 or 8 months). ---Tim Condon
      >

      >At 05:48 PM 1/17/2005 -0800, you wrote:
      >
      >>I am wondering if anyone has any idea how many of us are still using
      >>Wordperfect for the Mac.
      >>
      >>William F. Adasiewicz
      >>Attorney at Law
    • Randy B. Singer
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 18, 2005
        William F. Adasiewicz said:

        >>>I am wondering if anyone has any idea how many of us are still using
        >>>Wordperfect for the Mac.

        I don't know the answer to that, but I can tell you that there used to be
        a huge number of attorneys who used WP/Mac. However, I did a survey
        about word processing in The MacAttorney Newsletter about four years ago
        and 62% reported that they used some version of Microsoft Word, and 30%
        reported that they used WP/Mac. However, of those who responded that
        they used WP, just about every one of them said that they intended to
        switch to Word in the near future.

        On a different topic, I haven't received any messages from the WP-L list
        is days, and my posts to the list haven't come back either. Is the list
        down?

        Randy B. Singer

        http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html
      • RBRoufberg@aol.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 18, 2005
          If you're taking a poll of how many people use WordPerfect for Mac, count me
          in. In fact, one of the reasons I'm so reluctant to upgrade to OS X is that
          I'm not sure WordPerfect for Mac (the final download) will still work.

          Ruth R.
        • ICLUF Legal Director Randall C. Wilson
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 18, 2005
            Ruth, I think most of us would agree that WP Mac 3.5e runs better
            under OSX (running Classic). From version 8.x on I began
            experiencing stability problems. with WP. They disappeared when I
            migrated. OSX is a bit of a culture shock at first, but if you try
            to learn and accept the new conventions, you may come to like them. I
            know I did. I am looking forward to Tiger!

            >If you're taking a poll of how many people use WordPerfect for Mac, count me
            >in. In fact, one of the reasons I'm so reluctant to upgrade to OS X is that
            >I'm not sure WordPerfect for Mac (the final download) will still work.
            >
            >Ruth R.
            >

            >Yahoo! Groups Links
            >
            >To visit your group on the web, go to:

            /s/ Randall C. Wilson, Esq.