WP Mac News 96/11

  • jrethorst@post.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 8, 2004
      November 1996 Issue 23 WPMac News is a monthly newsletter published
      for those who use WordPerfect for Macintosh, anyone interested in the
      product, and those who stumble across this newsletter and are
      captivated to read. It contains any late-breaking news, the hottest
      issues from customer support, and extensive coverage of WPMac features.
      Check out this current issue, as well as our past issues. We hope you
      find the News informative, helpful, and even entertaining. It’s our
      November issue and it’s loaded with great information. For those of you
      trying to track down our WordPerfect 3.5.2 Updater, we will show you
      the way. Direct Questions and Corel Corp will give you detailed
      instructions. Anyone using WordPerfect 3.5 can benefit from the Updater
      so don’t miss it. Those of you who installed 3.5 from the CorelDRAW 6
      Suite, make sure you take a peek at Direct Questions. David Sessions
      provides us with a fantastic Cover Story on Merge. He gives us the
      basics and also offers other tidbits of information. This issue is just
      oozing with WordPerfect help, I hope you enjoy every morsel. Lisa
      Credits Lisa Foster, Editor and Layout LaMar Kirby, Graphic Design and
      Web Master John Rethorst, Mastering Macros WPMac Support Team Page Nov
      2 96 MERGE by David Sessions One of the many useful and time saving
      options in WordPerfect is the Merge feature. The Merge feature can be
      used to create form letters, address files, mailing labels, and many
      other documents that are essentially the same except for some minor
      changes. A merge (sometimes called a mail merge) is simply combining a
      data file with a form file Mickey Mouse<End of Field> 123 Disney Ave
      Funtown, FL 99999<End of Field> Mickey<End of Field> <End of Record>
      Pluto<End of Field> 444 Doghouse Ln Canine, CA 88888<End of Field>
      Pluto<End of Field> <End of Record> Donald Duck<End of Field> 1 Lilypad
      Rd Cattail, CA 77777<End of Field> Donald<End of Field> <End of Record>
      to create a new merged document containing information from both files.
      Page Nov 3 96 THE DATA FILE A data file contains the information to be
      inserted during the merge (i.e. names and addresses). This information
      is divided in records and each record is divided into fields. Fields
      can be as small as a single word and as large as several paragraphs.
      There can be as many fields as needed within each record. However, each
      record must have the same number of fields. In the data file, the <End
      of Field> command is used to mark the end of a field in a record and
      the <End of Record> command marks the end of the record. HINT: If you
      need to insert a field that does not contain any information (in order
      to maintain the same number of fields in each record), just insert the
      <End of Field> command without any accompanying text. The <End of
      Field> and <End of Record> commands can be inserted by clicking the and
      buttons found on the Merge Tool bar. Or, the F12 key will Page Nov
      4 96 insert an <End of Field> command and Command-F12 will insert an
      <End of Record> command. THE FORM FILE <Date> <Field:1> <Field:2> Dear
      <Field:3>, This letter is to update you on the recent events at the
      amusement park. A form file is the “template” for the merged output. It
      contains the text that will remain the same throughout the entire
      merge, as well as the merge commands that will insert information from
      the data file. Also, the form file establishes the attributes and
      formatting (i.e. fonts, margins, line spacing, paper size) for the
      merged file. When creating a form file, a <Field> command is used
      anywhere a piece of information will be inserted from the data file.
      The <Field> command can be used as many times as needed within a form
      file. Page Nov 5 96 To insert the <Field> command, click the button,
      enter the appropriate field number, and click the OK button. The field
      number tells the form file which specific information to extract from
      the data file. To determine the field number, take a look at your data
      file. The first <End of Field> command in each record is field 1, the
      second <End of Field> command in each record is field 2, etc. The
      <Date> command can be used to insert the current date. It is located
      under the button on the Merge Tool bar. THE MERGE Once the form and
      data files have been created, save and close them. Open a new
      ‘Untitled’ document. Show the Merge Tool bar and click the button to
      start the merge. The first dialog box will ask for the form file,
      locate and select it and click the Merge button. The next dialog box
      will ask for the data file, locate and select it and again click the
      Merge Page Nov 6 96 button. When the merge is done, the information
      from the data file will be inserted into the appropriate spots in the
      form file within this new document. Now this merged file is October 30,
      1996 Mickey Mouse 123 Disney Ave Funtown, FL 99999 Dear Mickey, This
      letter is to update you on the recent events at the amusement park.
      ready to be saved or printed. This is what the first record from the
      data file would look like after the merge.HINT: Saving the form and
      data files with filenames that include “form” or “data” will help when
      locating them on the computer (for example, “Letter.form” or
      “Addresses.data”). DEFINING FIELD NAMES This data file has been
      modified for field names. Notice on the first line there is a Page Nov
      7 96 <Define Names> command and the first field name. The remaining
      field names are located on a separate line. An <End of Field> command
      is not required after each field name in the define names section, but
      there is an <End of Record> command after the last field name and
      before the <Define Names>Name Address Salutation <End of Record> Mickey
      Mouse<End of Field> 123 Disney Ave Funtown, FL 99999<End of Field>
      Mickey<End of Field> <End of Record> Pluto<End of Field> 444 Doghouse
      Ln Canine, CA 88888<End of Field> Pluto<End of Field> <End of Record>
      Donald Duck<End of Field> 1 Lilypad Rd Cattail, CA 77777<End of Field>
      Donald<End of Field> <End of Record> first record. Make sure to save
      the data file after defining the field names. The <Define Names>
      command is located in the button on the Merge Tool bar. There are two
      ways to insert field names into the form file. The first way is to
      click on the button on the Merge Tool bar, select the Field Names
      option, then type in the field name for the desired field in the Field
      Name box. The spelling needs to be exact for the merge to work.
      Page Nov 8 96 The second, and easiest way to insert field names is to
      click the button on the Merge Tool bar, change the radio button from
      Field Numbers to Field Names, click the Get Field Names button found on
      the bottom of the dialog box, select the data file that will be used
      with your form file, and click the Names button. Now click on the Name
      pop-up menu located on the right side of the Field Name box to get a
      list of all the field names. Select the desired field name from the
      list and click the OK button. This will insert a command like,
      <Field:Name>. KEYBOARD MERGE The <Keyboard> command is placed in the
      form file. It allows for keyboard input during the merge. When the
      merge encounters this command, it stops so that text can be entered in
      from the keyboard. This makes it possible to do a merge without using a
      data file and using only <Keyboard> commands. To make the merge
      continue after stopping at a <Keyboard> command, press F12, or click
      the button on the Merge Tool bar. Page Nov 9 96 OTHER KINDS OF DATA
      FILES WordPerfect (versions 3.1 and later) can use database exports as
      data files. The data file can be created by exporting the database
      records into an ASCII text file using the tab-delimited or
      comma-delimited format. During the merge, when WordPerfect asks for the
      data file, just select the exported file. Hint: A tab-delimited file
      format will merge more successfully if commas have been used between
      the city and state. Another easy way to create a data file from scratch
      is to use a table. Create the table, with one column for each field and
      a row for each record. The table below shows how the data file would
      look. Page Nov 10 96 Mickey Mouse 123 Disney Ave Funtown, FL 99999
      Mickey Pluto 444 Doghouse Ln Canine, CA 88888 Pluto Donald Duck 1
      Lilypad Rd Cattail, CA 77777 Donald FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS Is there
      a way to print my Data file without the <End of Field> and <End of
      Record> codes showing? Yes. Click the button on the Merge Tool bar.
      The merge codes will change to tiny symbols ( ) which will not print.
      Once your print job is completed, click the button to redisplay the
      merge codes. Page Nov 11 96 In WordPerfect 3.1, I used the Labels macro
      to create a form file for merging labels. Now that I have upgraded to
      Corel WordPerfect 3.5, the Labels macro is missing. Why was this macro
      deleted? The Labels macro was not eliminated from WordPerfect, it was
      changed to a template that now offers the user more features. The
      Labels template can be found by selecting Templates from the File menu.
      Page Nov12 96 by John Rethorst Outlining part 3 Let’s look at a few
      more in’s and out’s of the macros in my outlining set – less so that
      you can write your own outliner than to explore some fine points of
      getting WordPerfect to jump through the hoops you want it to. A great
      advantage of a computer-based outline over hard copy is that you can
      move topics around to reflect reorganization and clarification of
      thought. WP has drag and drop, which you can use in an outlined
      document as well as anywhere else, but moving a topic (which the
      program sees as a paragraph) doesn’t take its subtopics with it. In
      dedicated outlining programs, moving a topic (i.e. an idea) does take
      its subtopics (the details of the idea) with it. So let’s get WP to do
      that too. Page Nov 13 96 Moving topics As you remember from last month,
      the LineCharacterCount variable is critical to much of outlining
      design. It tells us how far the insertion point is from the left
      margin, which in turn will tell us if the topic below the current one
      is a subtopic. The basic strategy to gather up all subtopics of the
      current one is: search forward for paragraph number codes, checking
      each one to see whether it’s farther right (has a larger value in
      LineCharacterCount) than the number code contained in the topic we
      started with. If so, we increment a counter and continue. When we find
      a topic that is not farther right than where we started, we know that
      we’ve included all subtopics. We then count back the number of
      paragraph codes that we counted up, selecting as we go, and cut the
      selection to the clipboard. Then, when the user clicks the mouse to
      tell us where he or she wants that topic to go to, we’ll search for the
      beginning of the topic, and paste the clipboard just above it. To
      elucidate the details, I’ll comment the code, as follows: On Error
      (end); any problems will simply abort the macro Page Nov 14 96 If
      (SelectionFlag); if the user has already selected topics to move, our
      task is much simpler Cut; cut the selection and go to the paste part of
      the script Else Find Next Code (Backward;Paragraph Number); are we in
      an outline topic? If not: If (FindStatusFlag=0) Alert ("Topic not
      found.") Go (end) End If Display (Off); just to speed things up. This
      can make quite a difference. Prompt
      (ScreenSizeH/2-240;ScreenSizeV-50;"Move Topic";"Preparing to move topic
      and its subtopics"); let the user know what’s going on, with a command
      that can take a moment to complete if there are several subtopics. The
      calculation of prompt location puts the prompt at the horizontal center
      of the screen, and near the bottom of the screen – most probably out of
      the user’s way. Assign (Var01;LineCharacterCount); what level is the
      current topic? Repeat Find Next Code (Forward;Paragraph Number); find
      the next topic If (FindStatusFlag=0); if the current topic is the last
      one in the outline Find Next Code (Forward;Return-Hard); find the end
      of the topic Page Nov 15 96 If (FindStatusFlag=0); if no hard return,
      we must be in the last paragraph of the document End (); go to the end
      of the document Assign (Var03;Var03+1); we’re counting paragraphs Hard
      Return; add a hard return if there isn’t one, to avoid problems when
      pasting. Go (Select); nothing more to count, so execution branches to
      the code that selects the number of paragraphs we’ve counted End If
      Assign (Var03;Var03+1); add this topic to the number we’ve counted Go
      (Select); we’re done counting, so start selecting End If Assign
      (Var03;Var03+1); add this paragraph to the counter Assign
      (Var02;LineCharacterCount); get level of indent Until (Var02<=Var01);
      compare level of indent of the current topic with that of the topic we
      started with and let’s take a break from the code to make sure we’re
      following all the nested If statements. Here’s a flowchart: Page Nov
      16 96 FIND NEXT TOPIC not found FIND NEXT HARD RETURN found not found
      found then until GO TO SELECT LABEL Figure 1 Looking for subtopics,
      counting as we go. Page Nov 17 96showing how, just before the select
      label, we have 1) an insertion point that’s as far down in the file as
      we want (includes all subtopics) and 2) in Var03, a count of how many
      subtopics that is. We can now start counting back - decrementing Var03
      as we go, until we’re back at the topic we started in. I did this with
      the Find/Change command, looking for Hard Return codes. It’s somewhat
      ungainly, but Find/Change lets you extend the selection as you go,
      unlike the otherwise slicker “Find Next Code (Backward; Return-Hard).”
      (Raw Read would work, if you start a selection first – something like:
      Left (Select) Repeat Repeat Raw Read (function;Left) Until
      (RawObject=[Return-Hard Code]) Assign (Var04;Var04+1); counting
      backwards Until (Var04=Var03+1); until the one counter matches the
      other which I didn’t use because I only recently found out that Raw
      Read will extend an existing Page Nov 18 96 selection. I’ll probably
      change to this method in the next version). Anyway, what I used was:
      Left () Beginning of Line () Label (Select) Repeat Beginning of Line
      (Select) Find/Change Direction (Backward;No Wrap) Find/Change Where
      ({Current Doc}) Find/Change Match (Partial Word;Case
      Insensitive;Alphabet Insensitive;CharRep Insensitive;{Text Only})
      Find/Change Action (Extend Selection) Find String ("[Hard Return]")
      Find Abort When Not Found Assign (Var04;Var04+1); counting backwards
      Until (Var04=Var03+1); until the one counter matches the other Page Nov
      19 96 or until it almost matches the other. They should match but, when
      I wrote this, I wasn’t getting the right result. I got that right
      result by adding 1 to Var03. This highly advanced programming concept,
      known as the “fudge factor,” is extremely valuable when fixing code.
      It’s also much easier than trying to figure out why my script wouldn’t
      count right in the first place. Right (Select); delete the last hard
      return from the selection Cut End If Prompt
      (ScreenSizeH/2-240;ScreenSizeV-50;"Move Topic";"Click in topic below
      where you want the moved topic(s) to appear."); no need to end the
      previous prompt first. This one just replaces it. Display (On) Pause
      Until (#Click#); pauses macro execution until a mouse click. The pound
      signs delineate a task key, which we learned in July. A task key can be
      anything listed in the Commands menu in the Preferences/Keyboards
      dialog. Click, or Hard Return or Enter are common choices for this.
      Click is the necessary choice here, to locate where the selected and
      cut topics should be pasted. Find Next Code (Backward;Return-Hard); for
      maximum convenience, I let the user click Page Nov 20 96 anywhere in
      the topic above which he or she wants to paste the moved material. So
      this gets us from the click point to the end of the preceding
      paragraph/topic. If (FindStatusFlag=0); if there is not a preceding
      paragraph, we’re in the first paragraph of the file Home (); go to the
      top of the file Hard Return; make some space to paste it End If Paste
      End Prompt Find/Change Reset; restore the user’s preferences Label
      (end) and there we go. Not too hard in basic terms, but a good example
      of how you have to make allowances for where the user might be in the
      document. Code that works in the middle of the document is quirky in
      the first or last paragraph. A note about using the RawObject variable.
      You can test for any code listed in the Find Code dialog, spelled
      exactly as in that dialog, followed by the word “Code” and enclosed in
      brackets. But, if you did something like: Page Nov 21 96 Raw Read
      (function;left) Assign (Var01;RawObject) you’d get a number
      representing that code, in Var01. You could test for that number, but
      it’s easier to test by name. Marking and Referencing Topics
      Cross-referencing is a wonderful thing, but you have to take multiple
      steps to do it. Not unreasonable – the program doesn’t know whether
      you’re referencing a graphic, paragraph, page, table, text box or
      footnote, so you provide that information in the List dialog. When we
      know ahead of time what we want to mark or reference, though, we can
      write a macro to do most of the work. This illustrates a nice use of
      the macro feature: to automate a command you use often and which
      otherwise involves wading through a large dialog and making the same
      choices each time. Page Nov 22 96 So, when in an outline, we can nearly
      automate the process of referencing another topic in the outline, and
      it’s well worth it. “See topic X.A.2” is a helpful addition to things,
      especially when the references update on command. Let’s see how to make
      crossreferencing within an outline as easy as possible. With a little
      editing, this could be useful for other kinds of cross-referencing you
      do. My Equation Macro in “John’s WP Tips and Macros” on Corel’s FTP
      site and on the Sumex Info-Mac archives shares this design to reference
      equations. There are two commands: one to mark and one to reference.
      Marking is a simple task. Here’s the code: End of Line (); to make sure
      the user doesn’t mark the topic preceding the current one, which will
      happen if the insertion point is to the left of the label. Find Next
      Code (Backward;Paragraph Number); are we in a topic? If
      (FindStatusFlag) Get Text (Var01;"Mark Outline Topic";"Enter an ID to
      mark this topic for cross-reference elsewhere:") If (Var01!=""); has
      the user put anything in the Get Text dialog? Clicking OK Page Nov
      23 96 or pressing Return with nothing in the text entry field will
      leave Var01 empty. This lets the user just press Return to cancel the
      dialog, if he or she has decided not to mark the topic after all. Users
      appreciate this kind of thing. Mark Target (Var01); the program command
      End If Else Alert ("I can’t find an outline label to mark.") End If
      which lets the user put a mark ID at the topic he or she wants to
      reference. The reference macro, in turn, is: Get Text (Var01;"Reference
      Outline Topic";"Enter the ID used to mark the topic for
      cross-reference:") If (Var01!=""); if we get anything in Var00 Create
      Reference (Var00;Paragraph) End If which is not much more than the
      program command, with parameters for the ID and the Page Nov 24 96 type
      of reference. And so on – there’s more in the Outlining macros, but the
      commands and structure we’ve covered so far will let you decipher the
      rest if you want. And, as you get more advanced at this, you’ll see
      that sample code is the best way to perfect your scripting skills. Next
      month, we’ll look at some final touches in elegance and bulletproofing
      – at which point you’ll truly be able to say that you’ve mastered
      WordPerfect macros. See you then. *** John Rethorst, author of Teach
      Yourself WordPerfect, would feel a lot better about things if macros
      were running the country. Contents Copyright © 1996 by John Rethorst.
      Used by permission. Page Nov25 96 WYSIWYG Watermark Macro by Brian
      Rassmusen Ever had trouble lining up the text in your document with a
      watermark? Chances are you have if you use a lot of watermarks. Well,
      here is a solution. This macro will allow you to see the text in your
      document as you are creating the watermark. You can then specify the
      Watermark as A or B. That’s all there is to it. The WYSIWYG Watermark
      macro allows you to create your watermark in the Overlay feature. It
      then moves your image into the watermark screen, properly lining
      everything up for you. This one is cool! Attached to the newsletter,
      you will find the file, November Macros Read Me. Open it and copy this
      great macro into your Library. Instructions are included. Page Nov
      26 96 We welcome your comments, feedback, tips & tricks, and questions
      you would like to see answered in the News at wpmacnews@...
      (technical support questions will not be answered here).You can send
      any technical support questions to wpsupport@.... Allow a 3-4 day
      turnaround. If you need live phone support for a WordPerfect for
      Macintosh product, reach us at (801) 765-4020, Priority : $25 fee (800)
      861-2070, $2 per minute (900) 555-3535. I just purchased Corel
      WordPerfect 3.5 for the Mac and cannot select fonts when printing an
      envelope. The only font I can use is Geneva. What's the problem? Do you
      use Now Utilities? The problem can be fixed by telling one of the Now
      Utilities components (probably Now Menus) to exclude WordPerfect. Check
      out Now Menus' Preferences, click the Exclude button, navigate to and
      select WordPerfect. I installed the Corel WordPerfect 3.5.1 Updater
      this past summer, and since then have noticed some strange problems
      when I try to highlight my document. Page Nov 27 96 It seems especially
      strange when I use the Select All feature. Sometimes I find that the
      selection does not extend to the end of the document. I’m worried that
      in some of my larger documents some of the changes may not have taken
      effect due to this problem. I’ve also noticed, that on documents
      converted from WordPerfect for Windows, I can’t select the whole
      document. Our testing department has verified that the 3.5.1 Updater
      introduced some selection problems. These have been fixed in the
      WordPerfect 3.5.2 Updater which is now available on the Corel ftp site,
      on America Online, and on CompuServe. To locate the Updater on the ftp
      site, type the following line of text in the Location line in your
      Internet browser: ftp.corel.com/pub/wordperfect/wpmac/updates The file
      is called WordPerfect 3.5.2 Updater.hqx. To download the updater from
      America Online, type in keyword:word processing and you’ll find a
      button in the upper right-hand corner of the forum window which allows
      you to download the WordPerfect 3.5.2 Updater. On CompuServe, type GO
      CORELMAC and click on the Browse Libraries button. Choose Page Nov
      28 96 the General Info Library and you’ll find the WordPerfect 3.5.2
      Updater listed in the files there. I purchased the CorelDRAW 6 Suite
      for Macintosh in September. After installing WordPerfect 3.5 from the
      CD, I downloaded the WordPerfect 3.5.2 Updater and tried to install it.
      I got an error saying that the Updater won’t install. What’s wrong? If
      you installed WordPerfect 3.5 from the CorelDRAW 6 Suite CD, and
      downloaded the WordPerfect 3.5.2 Updater before October 10th, 1996, you
      will get the following message when trying to update WordPerfect:
      Page Nov 29 96 If you see this message, you need to download a small
      file called Primer Update.hqx. This file can be found in the same
      location as the WordPerfect 3.5.2 Updater (mentioned above). WHAT TO
      DO: Run this primer on the CorelDRAW 6 Suite version of Corel
      WordPerfect 3.5 before running the Corel WordPerfect 3.5.2 updater.
      Page Nov 30 96 IMPORTANT: • This primer only works with the CorelDRAW 6
      Suite version of Corel WordPerfect 3.5. • Corel WordPerfect must be
      named WordPerfect or Corel WordPerfect for this primer to operate
      properly. If you have changed the name of the application, please
      temporarily rename it as indicated. Page Nov31 96 Option-V produces a
      checkmark (√) in most fonts. Set the clock on the System menu bar to
      show seconds. If your computer appears to be locking, you can check the
      clock to see if it is still advancing to make sure. A quick and easy
      way to view a PICT file is to open it into the Jigsaw Puzzle included
      with System 7.5. If it’s scrambled, select to solve the puzzle. To zap
      the PRAM, hold down Command-Option-P-R when restarting. To rebuild the
      desktop, hold down Command-Option when restarting. Page Nov 32 96 In
      the Open Dialog box, click on the File menu at the upper left of this
      dialog to find an Info option which allows you to change the creator
      and type of a file. A sometimes forgotten way of making default
      settings in all new WordPerfect documents is to make the desired
      changes on a blank document and save it as a template in the Templates
      (Stationery prior to 3.5) folder with the name, New Document Template
      (New Document Stationery prior to 3.5). For users accustomed to the
      keyboard layout in WordPerfect for Windows or DOS, WordPerfect for Mac
      comes with similar keyboard layouts. The 5.x and 6.x keyboard layouts
      are attached to the WordPerfect Read Me file found in the WordPerfect
      3.5 folder|Documentation folder. Use the Librarian to copy them into
      Library (USA) (Edit|Preferences|Librarian). This will allow you to
      select the 5.x or 6.x keyboard layout in the Keyboard Preferences
      (Edit|Preferences|Keyboard). Page Nov 33 96 How do you insert Quick Art
      form the Corel WordPerfect 3.5 CD? Here are the steps (make sure your
      3.5 CD is loaded into your CD-ROM drive): 1. Place your cursor in your
      document where you want to insert the Quick Art image. 2. Select File
      from the Insert menu. 3. Click on the Desktop button, and double-click
      on the Corel WordPerfect 3.5 CD. 4. Double-click the Quick Art folder,
      and double-click the folder that contains the image you want to use in
      your document. 5. When you have selected the image, click on the Insert
      button. 6. This places the image in your document. You may modify the
      size of the image by clicking once on the center of the image to select
      it, and then dragging any of the graphic handles. Page Nov 34 96 How do
      you change an existing tab from one type to another? Here are the
      steps: 1. Double-click the tab marker ( ) on the Ruler Bar that you
      wish to change. 2. This will open the Tabs dialog box. 3. Here you can
      change the options and attributes of the tab. 4. You can change the
      type (from left to right justified), or add a leader (dots or a line).
      5. When you are finished with your changes, click on the OK button. 6.
      Now when you press the tab key, to adjust to that specific tab
      location, your designated attributes will take affect. How do you
      create labels? Here are the steps: 1. Click on the File menu and select
      Templates. Then select the Labels template. 2. This opens the Labels
      template and a special Button Bar. Each button on this Button Bar
      Page Nov 35 96 runs a designated macro. 3. These macros allow you to
      customize your labels. 4. The Setup button allows you to specify the
      label size. Our Labels template is designed to use Avery brand labels.
      The most commonly used labels sheet is 3x10 (3 columns, 10 rows). Check
      your Avery labels package for a product number that can be entered if
      you select the Avery Product Number option. If you are not using Avery
      labels, simply select the Custom option to type in the measurements of
      the labels you are using. 4. The Fill button allows you to fill-in
      information for each label. The template can enter your name and
      address on each label, establish your file as a merge form file, or
      repeat the contents of the first label. 5. The Position button allows
      you to align your text within the label itself. 6. The Fit Text button
      allows you to change the font or size of the text to fit better within
      each label. 7. When you have finished organizing your labels, print and
      save. Tip: for extra details on the Labels template, check the
      WordPerfect Read Me. This file is located in the WordPerfect 3.5
      folder|Documentation folder. Look under the Templates section. Page Nov
      36 96 Where Can I get the WordPerfect 3.5.2 Updater? We know you have
      waited long enough and we can’t thank you enough for your patience and
      support! The WordPerfect 3.5.2 Updater is now available on the Corel
      ftp site, on America Online, and on CompuServe. To locate the Updater
      on our ftp site, type the following line of text in the Location line
      in your Internet browser:
      ftp.corel.com/pub/wordperfect/wordperfect/wpmac/updates The file is
      called WordPerfect 3.5.2 Updater.hqx. To download the Updater from
      America Online, type in keyword:word processing and you’ll find a
      button in the upper right-hand corner of the forum window which allows
      you to download the WordPerfect 3.5.2 Updater. Page Nov 37 96 On
      CompuServe, type GO CORELMAC and click on the Browse Libraries button.
      Choose the General Info Library and you’ll find the WordPerfect 3.5.2
      Updater listed in the files there. ** Check out Direct Questions for
      installation problems with the WordPerfect 3.5.2 Updater and the
      WordPerfect 3.5 version that shipped with the CorelDRAW 6 Suite.
      Page Nov 38 96 We want to hear from you! Give us your comments and take
      the opportunity to write an article, macro, or tip and trick for the
      News. Submit all entries to: wpmacnews@.... Each entry is not
      guaranteed to be published in the News, but we will definitely work
      with you and do our best to make sure you achieve your WPMac News
      debut. WRITE FOR US AND SEE YOUR NAME IN LIGHTS Want to select a free
      CD from a stash of Corel WordPerfect CDs (selection may vary)? The only
      requirement for this free CD is to have your article published as the
      Cover Story in WPMac News. We are giving you the opportunity to write
      for us. We will select those articles that are informative,
      easy-to-read, and cover any of the features found in WordPerfect for
      the Macintosh. It’s as easy as this: • Pick a feature, or group of
      similar features, from WPMac. • Write an informative feature article.
      (Review some of the Feature Highlights from our Back Issues for helpful
      hints and guidelines). • Submit a copy of the article to:
      wpmacnews@.... Subject should be Cover Story. Please leave your
      name, address, phone, and email. Page Nov 39 96 • We will respond as
      soon as possible. No guarantees that your article will be published in
      the News (don’t worry, we will help as much as possible). • We will let
      you know if your article has been accepted as a Cover Story for the
      News and what month it will be featured. • Any questions, please send
      to: wpmacnews@... • We reserve the right to edit any part
      (content, format, etc.) of your article. LET OUR READERS SEE THOSE
      MACROS If writing is not your thing, but macros are...this is for you.
      We want to see what macros you have written to help with your work in
      WPMac. Submit any macro written in WordPerfect for Macintosh to
      wpmacnews@... (be sure you provide your name, address, phone, and
      email). Again, no guarantees that your macro will appear in the News.
      But, if we love your macro and think our readers will to, you will
      receive a free, snazzy WPMac mug. SUBMIT YOUR TIPS & TRICKS What is
      your favorite WPMac tip or trick? No free stuff given away for this
      one, but we will publish your name along side your entry in the News.
      Submit to wpmacnews@.... Include name, phone, and email. Page Nov
      40 96 GIVE US THE SCOOP What features or questions would you like to
      see covered in the News? We want to make sure that we provide you the
      best information possible. Let us know if there is anything we can
      cover in the News that will make your life and work much simpler. WE
      AIM TO PLEASE Let us know if you like the News and if you have any
      suggestions for improvement. In case it hasn’t been mentioned enough,
      send your comments to wpmacnews@....