WP Mac News 96/10

  • jrethorst@post.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 7, 2004
      October 1996 Issue 22 WPMac News is a monthly newsletter published for
      those who use WordPerfect for Macintosh, anyone interested in the
      product, and those who stumble across this newsletter and are
      captivated to read. It contains any late-breaking news, the hottest
      issues from customer support, and extensive coverage of WPMac features.
      Check out this current issue, as well as our past issues. We hope you
      find the News informative, helpful, and even entertaining. Welcome to
      our October issue. This month brings exciting news and lots of
      WordPerfect help. The good news...our WordPerfect for Macintosh team
      has grown by one. After 9 long months, I successfully installed a 6
      pds. 4 oz. baby girl whose first word, I’m sure, will be ‘Macintosh’.
      As for the WordPerfect help--this issue is loaded with it. Be sure to
      check out our Cover Story by Tyler Thompson on math and tables. And
      don’t forget the Monthly Macros section. This month Mike Beshara gives
      us 4 more great macros. Hope you enjoy this issue, I’m off to change a
      diaper.... Lisa Credits Lisa Foster, Editor and Layout LaMar Kirby,
      Graphic Design and Web Master John Rethorst, Mastering Macros WPMac
      Support Team Page Oct 2 96 Math and Tables By Tyler Thompson One of the
      most useful functions of the Table feature in WordPerfect 3.x is the
      ability to include math formulas. Whether you have complex data that
      needs to be displayed in a business report, or just want to keep track
      of your daily caloric intake, WordPerfect’s table math can help.
      CONSTRUCTING FORMULAS Place your cursor in the table cell where you
      want your formula to calculate. Expose the formula bar by clicking on
      the button located on the far right side of the Page Oct 3 96 Tool
      bar. Click your cursor into the formula bar and begin to construct your
      formula. Formula Bar Unlike many spreadsheets, there is no need to type
      any symbol in front of the formula to designate it as a formula.
      WordPerfect automatically detects the information typed in the formula
      bar as a formula! All four basic math functions (Add +, Subtract -,
      Multiply *, Divide /) can be used. You can also click on the on the
      right side of the formula bar to choose a sum or average function. Type
      the range of cells you wish to sum or average using a colon as a
      separator. For example, Sum(C3:C8) would add cells C3 through C8. After
      you have constructed your formula, click the button to accept and
      calculate the formula. Make a mistake? No problem, click the button
      on the formula bar to start over. Page Oct 4 96 Beware, any range of
      cells you select and highlight while your cursor is located in the
      formula bar will automatically appear in your formula. Because of this,
      make sure you pay special attention to which cells you click on while
      constructing your formula. To quickly add a row or column of numbers,
      use the Quick Sum button. First, highlight the row or column you want
      to add. Second, make sure that a blank table cell is located to the
      right of the selected row or at the bottom of the selected column.
      Third, click the Quick Sum button. CALCULATING FORMULAS There are two
      ways to calculate formulas in WP tables: • The simplest way is to click
      the calculator button on the Math bar. This feature only calculates the
      formulas found in the table where your cursor is located. Page Oct 5 96
      Tip: Click the calculator button to update and recalculate any time you
      add new information in your table. • The other option is to choose
      Calculate from the Table menu. Select Document if you want to calculate
      the formulas in all the tables in the document. Select Table if you
      want to calculate only the formulas found within the table where your
      cursor is presently located. COPYING FORMULAS FROM ONE CELL TO ANOTHER
      To copy a formula from one cell to another, first select the cell where
      the formula is located and then choose Copy from the Edit menu (or
      Command-C). Place the cursor in the cell where you want to copy the
      formula, and choose Paste from the Edit menu (or Command-V). What
      appears in the table cell is the value copied from the original
      formula. Click the calculator button and the correct value for this
      table cell will appear. Absolute or relative reference? When copying
      formulas, the cell references are relative. This means of course that a
      formula located in cell A5 which references cells A1 through A4, when
      copied to cell B5 will automatically reference cells B1 through B4.
      Page Oct 6 96 COPYING FORMULAS FROM ONE CELL TO MANY CELLS To copy a
      formula from one cell to more than one cell, use the Fill Down or Fill
      Right macro. Fill Down will copy a formula into every table cell down
      an entire column. Fill Right will copy a formula into every table cell
      in an entire row. The formula you want to copy must be located in the
      first table cell of the column or row where the formula will be
      duplicated. Before running either macro, highlight the entire column or
      row (which includes the table cell containing the formula). Select the
      Fill Down or Fill Right macro from the Tools|Macro menu. The formula
      will be copied and pasted into all selected cells in the column or row.
      The Fill Down and Fill Right macros ship with Corel WordPerfect 3.5,
      and are attached to the document, Sample Macros Read Me which is
      located in the Documentation folder in the Corel WordPerfect 3.5
      folder. Use the Librarian to copy these macros if they are not found in
      your Tools|Macro menu. PAGE OCT 7 96 CHANGING NUMBER FORMATTING IN
      CELLS To change the number formatting, simply select the range of cells
      where you wish to change the formatting, and choose the desired number
      formatting from the Number Format pop-down menu on the Math bar. You
      can choose from the pre-formatted options, or choose Other to show up
      to 7 decimal places. Miscellaneous Table Tips (A few helpful and
      non-math related tips) PLACING A BLANK LINE ABOVE A TABLE Let’s say you
      have created a table at the top of a document and have filled in the
      table with some information. Suddenly, you realize that you need to
      place a heading above the table. You try to place you cursor above the
      table, but the cursor just won’t budge. How do you place the cursor
      before the table so that you can type your heading? Make sure that the
      Page Oct 8 96 cursor is positioned before the text in the first cell of
      the table. Click on the Insert menu and choose Paragraph Above. This
      places a hard return above the table, which inserts enough space for
      you to adjust your cursor and type in your heading. PLACING TWO TABLES
      SIDE-BY-SIDE On occasion, you may find it necessary to place two tables
      side-by-side in a document. But how can this be accomplished when
      tables span from the left margin to the right margin? The answer is
      text boxes. You can place each table in a text box and then place the
      text boxes side-by-side. • Tools|Text Box|New. • Create a table.
      • Click once outside the text box. • Click once on the center of the
      text box. Resize the text box to conform to the table by dragging the
      handles. • Double-click on the text box to edit the content of the
      table. • Repeat this process one more time to create the second table.
      • Place the two text boxes side-by-side. Page Oct 9 96 by John Rethorst
      Outlining part 2 Last month we built a basic outliner. This month we’ll
      make it fancy. In doing so, we’ll learn how to script styles, how to
      maintain structure when tabbing a topic, and also how to use another
      kind of find command – available only in macros – that spells power
      with a capital P. My kinda fun. Doing it in style Style sheets are a
      powerful feature in word processing, and controlling styles with macros
      reminds me of someone’s ad about the power of two. What we’ll look at
      here is assigning Page Oct 10 96 level-specific styles in outlines (so
      that level one looks different from level two, etc.) and also working
      with styles that effectively make text invisible, but you can use the
      concepts we explore to do any number of other things. You’ll end up
      with what will seem like a TV’s remote control for your documents:
      press one button, and a bunch of things happen. Cool, and supportive of
      accuracy and speed. I set up the outlining macro set with eight styles
      – one per level – called “zs1” through “zs8”: the letter z just to put
      the styles out of the way at the bottom of the style menu (if the user
      wants to keep them on the menu in the first place), the letter s for
      style, and the number for the level. I also defined a style called “zc”
      – c for collapsed – that would be applied to text that the user wanted
      to hide, to present only the main topics in the outline. Macro commands
      will apply the zs styles or remove them, for an outline in plain text,
      or apply the zc style to whatever range of levels the user selects, so
      that only the main two or three levels are left visible – a good way to
      get the big picture. The first thing we want to do when applying styles
      to paragraphs is make sure what amount of text we’re treating. This is
      a setting of Format Orientation, normally accessed in Preferences, in
      Environment, on the Format menu. The first two choices are Paragraph
      and Single Paragraph. As a WP expert, you probably knew that there’s
      also Character Page Oct 11 96 orientation. What this setting controls
      is when formatting starts and how far it goes. Paragraph means that the
      formatting you apply: styles for example, take effect in all succeeding
      paragraphs in the document, until another style code is encountered.
      Single paragraph applies the style to the current paragraph only, and
      Character applies the character attribute portion of styles from the
      insertion point onward – but paragraph-level formatting, such as
      margins, from the entire current paragraph forward. Character proved
      difficult from the user-interface point of view, so it’s been deleted
      from the Preferences menu. We’ll find a use for it, though. For most of
      style scripting, all we want to do is work with the whole paragraph
      containing the insertion point. This is the Single Paragraph
      orientation. We could just set it to that, but this would ignore, and
      possibly change, the user’s setting, and that’s bad programming. What
      we should do is record the user’s setting, change it to what we need,
      do what we want, and then restore the user’s preference. The read-only
      variable is FormatOrientation, with values of 0 for Character, 1 for
      Paragraph and 2 for Single Paragraph. So our macros will start out
      with: Page Oct 12 96 Assign (Var01;FormatOrientation) Formatting
      (Single Paragraph) and end with: Case
      (Var01;{0;character;1;paragraph;2;single paragraph};) Label (character)
      Formatting (Character) Go (end) Label (paragraph) Formatting
      (Paragraph) Go (end) Label (single paragraph) Formatting (Single
      Paragraph) Label (end) Note that the last code snippet includes a Case
      command which isn’t preceded by a Menu command – something new to us.
      This is, however, fairly common use. A lot of what macros do is make
      choices depending on the case of things – whether the user has set that
      Page Oct 13 96 case with a menu, or otherwise. So these snippets put
      the current setting in Var01, and restore that setting at the end. In
      between, the Single Paragraph orientation lets us set styles for the
      current paragraph only. Now that we’re able to apply styles to a single
      paragraph, how do we tell WP to assign e.g. Style zs1 to level 1 and so
      on? Just two lines: Find Next Code (Forward; Paragraph Number) Apply
      Style ("zs"$LineCharacterCount) so the macro searches for the next
      outline label, landing just to the right of it. The LineCharacterCount
      variable will then equal the level of that topic, and that topic
      receives the style it should. Go to top of document first and repeat
      until FindStatusFlag=0, and you've changed an outline from plain to
      styled text. When styled text is in effect, adding a styled topic with
      Outline Return is even easier: the return in outline mode leaves the
      insertion point immediately to the right of the paragraph number, all
      ready for the Apply Style line of code. Page Oct 14 96 In general
      terms, it's a nice feature that you can combine a string with a
      variable, as in: Program Command ("string"$variable) for some added
      flexibility in coding. You can also combine variables alone: Assign
      (Var01;"Hey, ") ; note space after comma Assign (Var02;"You!") Alert
      (Var01$Var02) just like combining strings: Alert ("Hey, "$"You!") Since
      the variable contains a string (words in quotes); the variable is then
      not contained in quotes. That would equal two sets of quotes. Page Oct
      15 96 Keeping Tabs on things An important feature of dedicated
      outliners is that they maintain structure of subtopics when you tab or
      back tab a topic. So if you tab a second-level topic, all of its
      subtopics tab with it. The macro can tell what counts as a subtopic
      with, again, this vital variable LineCharacterCount. We start by
      assigning it to a local variable (Var01, say), and then testing
      LineCharacterCount at each subsequent paragraph number code. If the
      read-only variable is larger than the local, the macro inserts a tab
      before the paragraph number code. Otherwise, the macro realizes it's
      come to the end of the subtopics to be tabbed. And we have: Repeat Find
      Next Code (Forward; Paragraph Number) If (FindStatusFlag) If
      (LineCharacterCount>Var01) Tab Assign (Var02;Var02+1) End If Right ()
      Page Oct 16 96 Else Assign (Var02;Var02-1) End If If (!FindStatusFlag)
      If (Var02>=1) Assign (Var02;Var02+1) End If End If Until
      (!FindStatusFlag) and what’s Var02 doing? It’s keeping track of how
      many topics have been tabbed, so that the macro can count back that
      quantity of paragraph numbers as its last action – to return the
      insertion point to the topic it was in when the user pressed the Tab
      key. The finished code contains more than this, largely lines to change
      the level-specific style of topics now at a new level, check whether a
      topic is being tabbed to the right of level 8, and such things.
      Page Oct 17 96 The raw truth Now, let’s take a step into what anyone
      will agree is advanced programming. As you know, WP documents are
      composed of letters and of codes that do things with those letters. We
      can say that both letters and codes are objects or, since we’re dealing
      with basic parts of a document, we can call them raw objects, and the
      raw object type of letters and codes differ. While it’s often useful to
      do a find for a given character or string (using Find/Change) or for a
      given code (using Find Code), we sometimes want to read whatever is to
      the left or right of the insertion point and, based on what we find,
      make a choice. What I wanted to do was give the user a way to bypass
      the tab command’s automatic tabbing of subtopics. The user might have,
      for example: I. Some topic. A. Some subtopic. With the insertion point
      at the end of the level 1 topic, the user then hits return, and gets
      another level 1 topic (II). What he or she wants, though, is another
      topic at level 2. If the user just presses tab, topic II becomes
      subtopic A – but everything subordinate to that Page Oct 18 96 subtopic
      gets indented a further level. I could have added a separate command to
      tab only the current topic without affecting subtopics, but I wanted to
      simplify things, so that just pressing Tab will do what the user most
      likely wants it to. In this case, with no text in the topic yet, the
      user would want to position only the current topic. So, let’s set up a
      command sequence which does this: if there’s text to the right of the
      insertion point, the Tab command tabs subtopics. If there isn’t text to
      the right, tab only the current topic. We start this with a Raw Read
      command to see what’s to the right of the insertion point. Raw Read can
      read for anything, or for a character, or a function (code), for a
      WPChar (found in imports from DOS documents) or for a ScriptChar (a
      character in another script). Since what we want to determine is
      whether what’s to the immediate right of the insertion point is a
      character or something else, we’ll read for anything, going right, and
      our line of code is: Raw Read (anything;Right) Page Oct 19 96 which
      will find whatever’s the next thing to the right of the insertion
      point, and put it in the RawObject variable. It will also put a code
      representing the type of object in the RawObjectType variable. Codes
      for possible types are: Character = 1 Function = 2 WPChar = 3
      ScriptChar = 4 and our present interest is whether the raw object type
      is 1 or 2. So, If (RawObjectType=2) there’s a code, not text, to the
      immediate right, so we just tab the topic (and apply a style, if that
      option is in effect, and so on). This would be the case for a new topic
      in an existing outline, as in the example above. There’s no text to the
      right of that topic, but there is a hard return to the right. If we had
      found text to the right, we’d tab all subtopics. Page Oct 20 96 The
      user then has the further option of tabbing only the current topic,
      even if it contains text, by clicking to put the insertion point to the
      right of the text. If the user wants to tab subtopics, he or she can
      hit Outline Tab when the insertion point is anywhere else. Pretty neat,
      huh? It’s a good example of a significant issue in programming. It’s
      not just issuing commands, but also finding out what’s going on in the
      document, and issuing commands relevant to circumstances. *** John
      Rethorst, author of Teach Yourself WordPerfect, is said to write some
      strange macros on Halloween. Contents Copyright © 1996 by John
      Rethorst. Used by permission. Page Oct 21 96 More great macros from
      Mike Beshara! Stack Window - Top Stack Window - Bottom “These two are
      my favorites. I don't like the way WordPerfect tiles windows
      side-by-side; it makes much more sense to me to stack them one on top
      of the other (as long as you only have two open). It's much easier to
      drag-and-drop between two windows when they're arranged that way. To
      use these macros effectively, you either have to put your button bar on
      the left side of the screen (where I've got mine) or tinker with the
      coordinates in the macro on where to place the windows.” Page Oct 22 96
      Fractional Character Widths On Fractional Character Widths Off “I
      always turn fractional character widths on before printing because the
      spacing on the finished product looks better that way on a high
      resolution printer like my StyleWriter 1200. I keep them turned off for
      editing, though, because they make the document harder to read on
      screen. These macros save me the trouble of opening the Page Setup
      dialog twice EVERY TIME I print.” Thanks for your fantastic
      contribution Mike! Anyone interested in contributing their favorite
      macros to the News can receive a free Corel CD. Contact us a
      wpmacnews@.... Page Oct 23 96 We welcome your comments,
      feedback, tips & tricks, and questions you would like to see answered
      in the News at wpmacnews@... (technical support questions will
      not be answered here).You can send any technical support questions to
      wpsupport@.... Allow a 3-4 day turnaround. If you need live phone
      support for a WordPerfect for Macintosh product, reach us at (801)
      765-4020, Priority : $25 fee (800) 861-2070, $2 per minute (900)
      555-3535. I bought the CorelDRAW 6 Suite for Mac but I don’t have a
      Power Mac or I have a version of the System software earlier than 7.5.
      WordPerfect will not install. How can I get it installed on my
      computer? The CorelDRAW 6 for Power Macintosh Suite includes a
      WordPerfect 3.5 folder that contains all the files needed to run the
      program. If an installation is not possible (such as--when the user
      does not have a Power Macintosh or has a System software version
      earlier than 7.5), this folder can be copied to the local hard drive.
      To do this, follow these steps: Page Oct 24 96 1. Drag the Corel
      WordPerfect 3.5 folder to the Hard Drive or Desktop. 2. Open the Corel
      WordPerfect 3.5 folder. 3. The items from each of the following folders
      need to be copied into the corresponding folders within the System
      Folder on the users hard drive: a. Extensions b. Control Panels c.
      Fonts This can be done by opening each folder and selecting the items
      and dragging them to the closed System Folder on the hard drive. Make
      sure the items within the folders are moved, not the folders themselves
      or it will replace the existing Extensions, Control Panels and Font
      folders. 4. Drag the Voices folder into the Extensions folder found in
      the System Folder. 5. Check to see if there is a WordPerfect folder
      within the Preferences folder found in the System Folder. If there is,
      open it and trash the Preferences (USA) file before launching the
      WordPerfect application. Page Oct 25 96 I am creating a long document
      that has a table of contents. Can I set up bookmarks or links from the
      table of contents that will automatically take me to each section of
      the document? Yes. One of the steps to creating a table of contents is
      to generate your document. When you click on the button found on the
      List Tool bar, a dialog box will open that has an option for “Max Level
      For Hyperlinks:”. You have the option of choosing 1 through 5. If you
      choose 1, the first level of your table of contents will be linked
      automatically to its corresponding section in the document. If you
      choose 2, it will link the first 2 levels of your table of contents,
      etc. Once you click the OK button in the Generate dialog, your links
      become active. Click on the table of contents entry and you will jump
      to it’s corresponding section in the document. This option is a slick
      and easy way to navigate through those long documents. Page Oct 26 96
      Would you like to open an HTML document into WordPerfect so that you
      can edit the source code? To do this, hold down the Option key while
      opening the document. This tells WordPerfect not to use the HTML
      conversions. Have you ever been overwhelmed by all of the different
      keystrokes within WordPerfect? Create a helpful document that contains
      all of the features and their corresponding keystrokes. Click on the
      Edit menu|Preferences|Keyboard. Note the ‘Create Listing’ button in
      this dialog. This option creates a document that lists all of the
      keystrokes within WordPerfect. You can keep this document as a
      reference, or print it. Notice that you can also assign keystrokes for
      any command within this Keyboard preference dialog. Page Oct 27 96 You
      can select an entire table with one keystroke. Command-Option-T is
      already set up for you to use in WordPerfect 3.5. Your cursor must be
      located within the table for the keystroke to work. In WordPerfect 3.0
      and 3.1, you can assign a keystroke for this feature by clicking on
      Edit|Preferences|Keyboard. Highlight Select Table from the list of
      commands, then click on the Assign button in the upper right-hand
      corner. From this point you can perform any keystroke you wish to use,
      then click on the Assign button to make the keystroke stick. Be careful
      that you don’t assign any character key or mouse click to the command.
      Some of you may be wondering what the eye dropper button is used for on
      the Layout Tool bar. This button allows you to copy the ruler settings
      to the Clipboard so that they can be pasted to another location. Place
      your cursor on a line of text within your document that contains the
      desired ruler settings, and click the button. Then highlight, or
      place the cursor within the section of text that you want to paste the
      ruler settings. Edit|Paste and the ruler settings will take effect for
      this new section of text. Print the Function Keys Template. This
      document is found in the WordPerfect 3.x folder, in the Documentation
      folder. You can cut this out and place it above your F-Keys as a
      reference for their use. Page Oct 28 96 When I select Print Envelope
      from the File Menu, I get an ‘Unable to open Envelope Settings’
      message. How can I get past this error? This message means the Envelope
      Settings file has become damaged and is no longer usable. To fix this
      problem, drag the old Envelope Settings file (located in the System
      Folder|Preferences folder|WordPerfect folder) to the trash. The next
      time Print Envelope is selected from the File menu a new Envelope
      Settings file will be created. Caution: The Envelope Settings file
      contains all of the names and addresses you have created in the Print
      Envelope dialog. These addresses will be deleted when you trash the
      file. They can not be saved or retrieved because of the damage to the
      file. Page Oct 29 96 How can I print text in color? • Select the text
      to be printed in color. • Select Other from the Style Menu or press
      Command-H (this will show the Character Format dialog box). • In the
      center of the Character Format window there is a Color option with a
      black square, click on the square to display the color grid, choose the
      desired color on the grid and click the OK button. The text will now
      display and print in the selected color. I inserted a hard page break
      but no longer need it. How can I delete it? Click just below the hard
      page break line so that the blinking cursor is located at the very
      beginning of the first line of text under the hard page break and press
      the Delete key. How can I select text using keystrokes? You can select
      text using the following keystrokes: Page Oct 30 96 Shift-Left or Right
      Arrow key Selects one character at a time Shift-Option-Left or Right
      Arrow Selects one word at a time Shift-Command-Left or Right
      Arrow Selects from insertion point* to beginning or end of line
      Shift-Up or Down Arrow Selects a line at a time Shift- Home or
      End Selects from insertion point to beginning or end of document F6 or
      Command-Shift-U Selects a Sentence Command-F6 or
      Command-Shift-Y Selects a Paragraph Shift-F6 Selects a Column
      Option-F6 Selects a Page Command-A Selects All * Location of vertical
      blinking line is considered the insertion point. Page Oct 31 96
      Together for the first time! CorelDRAW, WordPerfect, and the Macintosh!
      Page Oct 32 96 Introducing the first fully featured graphics suite for
      Macintosh users--CorelDRAW TM 6 Suite for Power Macintosh TM ! This new
      suite is optimized for the Power Macintosh and includes two new
      applications, Corel ARTISAN TM and Corel TEXTURE TM , along with the
      updated CorelDREAM 3D 6. With Corel ® WordPerfect ® 3.5 for the
      Macintosh also included, users have access to a full range of tools for
      vector illustration, photo editing, 3D modeling, word processing and
      texture creation. Included in the suite: CorelDRAW TM 6 Corel ®
      WordPerfect ® 3.5 CorelDREAM 3D 6 Corel TEXTURE TM 6 Corel ARTISAN TM 6
      Corel MULTIMEDIA MANAGER TM 6 CorelTRACE TM 6 MasterJuggler TM 2.0 Pro
      CorelCHART TM 6 over 25,000 clipart images 1,000 high-resolution photos
      1,000 Type 1 fonts 700 TrueType fonts 750 3D models 50 CorelDRAW
      templates over 300 full colored bitmap textures over 100 bitmap objects
      more, more, more! Page Oct 33 96 A competitive upgrade is available for
      $149 US. The upgrade offer is available to all users of CorelDRAW for
      Windows (any version), users of WordPerfect for Macintosh (any
      version), and owners of any competing graphics program (Adobe
      Illustrator, Macromedia Freehand, ClarisDRAW, Deneba Canvas, MacPaint,
      etc.) Feel free to contact our Orders department at 1-800-772-6735. Our
      Products web site will give more details:
      www.corel.com/products/macintosh Page Oct 34 96 We want to hear from
      you! Give us your comments and take the opportunity to write an
      article, macro, or tip and trick for the News. Submit all entries to:
      wpmacnews@.... Each entry is not guaranteed to be published in
      the News, but we will definitely work with you and do our best to make
      sure you achieve your WPMac News debut. WRITE FOR US AND SEE YOUR NAME
      IN LIGHTS Want to select a free CD from a stash of Corel WordPerfect
      CDs (selection may vary)? The only requirement for this free CD is to
      have your article published as the Cover Story in WPMac News. We are
      giving you the opportunity to write for us. We will select those
      articles that are informative, easy-to-read, and cover any of the
      features found in WordPerfect for the Macintosh. It’s as easy as this:
      • Pick a feature, or group of similar features, from WPMac. • Write an
      informative feature article. (Review some of the Feature Highlights
      from our Back Issues for helpful hints and guidelines). • Submit a copy
      of the article to: wpmacnews@.... Subject should be Cover Story.
      Please leave your name, address, phone, and email. Page Oct 35 96 • We
      will respond as soon as possible. No guarantees that your article will
      be published in the News (don’t worry, we will help as much as
      possible). • We will let you know if your article has been accepted as
      a Cover Story for the News and what month it will be featured. • Any
      questions, please send to: wpmacnews@... • We reserve the right
      to edit any part (content, format, etc.) of your article. LET OUR
      READERS SEE THOSE MACROS If writing is not your thing, but macros
      are...this is for you. We want to see what macros you have written to
      help with your work in WPMac. Submit any macro written in WordPerfect
      for Macintosh to wpmacnews@... (be sure you provide your name,
      address, phone, and email). Again, no guarantees that your macro will
      appear in the News. But, if we love your macro and think our readers
      will to, you will receive a free, snazzy WPMac mug. SUBMIT YOUR TIPS &
      TRICKS What is your favorite WPMac tip or trick? No free stuff given
      away for this one, but we will publish your name along side your entry
      in the News. Submit to wpmacnews@.... Include name, phone, and
      email. Page Oct 36 96 GIVE US THE SCOOP What features or questions
      would you like to see covered in the News? We want to make sure that we
      provide you the best information possible. Let us know if there is
      anything we can cover in the News that will make your life and work
      much simpler. WE AIM TO PLEASE Let us know if you like the News and if
      you have any suggestions for improvement. In case it hasn’t been
      mentioned enough, send your comments to wpmacnews@.... Send your
      requests, ideas, and tips & tricks to us! We reserve the right to edit
      any material received for content, clarity, and length. By submitting
      material to the WPMac News, you agree to assign any and all rights,
      title, and interest which you may have to your submission material and
      any work Corel, Inc. derives from such submission material, unless
      otherwise specified. NOTICE PLEASE READ: The information in this
      publication is provided “as is”. Corel expressly disclaims all
      representations and warranties of any kind regarding the contents or
      use of the information including, but not limited to, express and
      implied warranties of accuracy, completeness, merchantability, fitness
      for a particular use, or non-infringement. In no event shall Corel be
      liable for any direct, indirect, special, incidental or consequential
      damages, including lost profits, lost business or lost data, resulting
      from the use or reliance upon the information, even if Corel has been
      advised of the possibility of such damages. Some jurisdictions do not
      allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so the above exclusion may
      not apply to you. Copyright Corel Corporation Limited © , 1996. All
      rights reserved. Page Oct 37 96