WP Mac News 96/09

  • jrethorst@post.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 7, 2004
      September 1996 Issue 21 WPMac News is a monthly newsletter published
      for those who use WordPerfect for Macintosh, anyone interested in the
      product, and those who stumble across this newsletter and are
      captivated to read. It contains any late-breaking news, the hottest
      issues from customer support, and extensive coverage of WPMac features.
      Check out this current issue, as well as our past issues. We hope you
      find the News informative, helpful, and even entertaining. The Corel
      WordPerfect 3.5 update is now available for current 3.5 users to
      downloaded from our ftp site. Remember, it only updates the current
      version of 3.5. Anyone wanting to purchase the complete Corel
      WordPerfect 3.5 upgrade on CD can place a pre-release order. For the
      full scoop and link to our ftp site, check the Corel Corp section. John
      Rethorst gives the Outlining feature a good pick-me-up. We also hope
      you enjoy this issue’s Monthly Macros section. Our alumni Editor,
      Daniel Midgley provides us with an entertaining self test. Lisa Credits
      Lisa Foster, Editor and Layout LaMar Kirby, Graphic Design and Web
      Master John Rethorst, Mastering Macros WPMac Support Team Page Sept
      2 96 Favorite Shortcuts Corel WordPerfect 3.5 has a number of built-in
      shortcuts to make you more productive as you edit documents. The
      following is a summary of some of our favorites. Button Detection
      WordPerfect has many interface components that are brought to the
      surface to make document creation easier. To find out the function of
      any item on the Button Bar, Ruler Bar, or Status Bar, place the mouse
      pointer over it, then look at the Status Bar. A short description of
      the item will appear. Button Bar: Status Bar: Page Sept 3 96 Moving
      Within The Document: Keystroke: Function: Option Left/Right Arrow Moves
      left/right a word at a time Cmd-Left/Right Arrow Moves to the front or
      end of the current line Cmd-Up/Down Arrow Moves to the top or bottom of
      the screen Cmd-Option Up/Down Arrow Moves to the top or bottom of the
      document Dbl-click ‘Pg 1 Ln 1’ item in Status Bar The Go To dialog
      appears, letting you type in the page number you want to go to Select a
      word, press Cmd-G Moves to the next occurrence of that word within the
      document Hold Shift key when dragging tabs in Ruler Forces tab stop to
      snap to grid Page Sept 4 96 Ruler Shortcuts Double-Click to bring up
      Dialogs Margin Dialog Environment Dialog Tab Dialog Paragraph Dialog
      Copying Formatting You can use the button on the Layout Tool bar to
      copy Ruler settings (such as tabs, margins, justification, paragraph
      spacing, etc.) to the clipboard. These settings can then be applied to
      other paragraphs. After copying the settings to the clipboard, select
      any other paragraph or set of paragraphs and click Edit|Paste.
      Similarly, you can click the button on the Font Tool bar to copy
      character attributes (such as font, size, bold, italic, color, etc.) to
      the clipboard. After copying the character attributes to the clipboard,
      select any text and click Edit|Paste. Page Sept 5 96 Miscellaneous
      Keystroke: Function: Cmd-<comma> Brings up Open Latest list in a
      sub-menu Dbl-click ‘QuickCorrect’ item in Status Bar Brings up
      QuickCorrect preference dialog (quick way to turn QuickCorrect on or
      off) Shift-Delete Deletes the character to the right of the cursor
      Cmd-Delete Deletes the word containing the insertion point
      Cmd-[ Displays the Font Tool bar and places the insertion point in the
      font name field. You can then type the name of the font you want to
      use. Press Return to place the insertion point back into the document.
      Cmd-] Displays the Font Tool bar and places the insertion point in the
      font size field. You can then type the font size you want to use. Press
      Return to place the insertion point back into the document.
      Cmd-<equal> If you are editing a table cell, the insertion point will
      be placed in the formula editing field of the math bar allowing you to
      type a formula. Page Sept 6 96 Tool Bars, Etc. Keystroke: Function:
      Cmd-Option B Toggles the Button Bar on and off Cmd-Option F Toggles the
      Font Tool bar on and off Cmd-Option J Toggles the List Tool bar on and
      off Cmd-Option L Toggles the Layout Tool bar on and off Cmd-Option
      M Toggles the Merge Tool bar on and off Cmd-Option R Toggles the Ruler
      Tool bar on and off Cmd-Option S Toggles the Styles Tool bar on and off
      Cmd-Option T Toggles the Table Tool bar on and off Cmd-Option W Toggles
      the Status Tool bar on and off Cmd-Option <equal> Calculates formulas
      in the table Page Sept 7 96 by John Rethorst Outlining A structured
      outline was a great way to write before the advent of the personal
      computer, and is orders of magnitude better since. With a computer, you
      can create an outline and then move parts of it around for more
      effective organization, hide subtopics for an overview, add speaker’s
      notes, and do about twenty other things. Then, convert the outline to
      text and you’re done, or modify the format for presentation.
      WordPerfect’s outlining feature will let you do most of this, but I saw
      a few things I wanted to add. Indentation, for example, is an aid to
      easy comprehension of an outline. As the program ships, outlining goes
      like this: Page Sept 8 96 I.This is the first topic. There’s no
      automatic space between the topic’s label (the Roman numeral one in
      this case) and the beginning of the text. A.This is the first subtopic.
      With Outlining mode on, I pressed a Return and then Tab, and the Roman
      numeral two changed to a capital letter A. 1.This topic at the third
      level was generated by pressing Tab twice. Note that at any level,
      whole topics are not indented – the second and succeeding lines return
      to the left margin. B.This topic returns to the second level, so I only
      pressed Tab once. The writer has to keep track of what level he or she
      is working at. While outlining formats often have indented topics,
      like: Page Sept 9 96 I. By contrast, this topic’s label is separated
      from its text by one tab stop. The entire topic is indented. Thinking
      of each topic as an idea, this formatting makes the writer’s thinking
      easier to follow. A. This first-level subtopic is likewise fully
      indented. It’s true that there is a trade-off between visual clarity
      and the number of words that will fit on a page. 1. And so on for each
      level in the outline. 2. When I pressed Return at the end of the
      The user doesn’t have to count Tabs. So I wrote a set of macros to
      produce the second kind of outlining in WordPerfect. The macros also
      let you move whole topics around with a keystroke and click,
      cross-reference topics, clone and gather topics, generate a table of
      contents, collapse and fold topics, and several other things – in fact,
      as many as the best dedicated outlining programs. You can find this set
      on the internet archives, at: sumex/info-mac/text
      processing/wordperfect/johns-outlining-wp.hqx and at:
      umich/mac/util/text/johnswpoutlining.hqx. Version 5 will probably be
      released by the time you read this, and will be found at sumex and at:
      ftp://ftp.corel.com/WordPerfect/WordPerfect/mac/macros/John’s
      Outlining. Page Sept 10 96 Let’s look at this set and see, for
      starters, how the macros produce the basic difference in formatting
      that you see above. Outline Return As part of the design, I wanted the
      user to be able to access this feature without going through the
      Outlining dialog every time, the normal procedure to turn outlining on
      and then off again. It would be faster and easier if the macro handled
      that, with the user simply typing one keystroke that turned outlining
      on, added a carriage return (thereby adding a topic label), indented,
      and turned outlining off. Straightforward stuff, and the code then
      starts out as: Outline Mode (On) Hard Return Indent Outline Mode (Off)
      Page Sept 11 96 which does basically what we want. This code puts every
      topic at the left margin, though, so that every label starts out as (in
      default formatting) a Roman numeral. Dedicated outlining programs do it
      differently: they maintain the level the user is working at. That will
      be harder to do but, hey, we’re pros at this. We’ll use the
      LineCharacterCount variable, which tells us how many characters are on
      the current line to the left of the insertion point. We’ll search
      backwards for the preceding outline label code, called Paragraph
      Number, and see how many characters it is from the left margin. When we
      search for and find a code, the insertion point lands just to the right
      of the code. So one character in LineCharacterCount will be the
      Paragraph Number code. Any other characters would be Tabs, so we’ll
      just insert Tabs to match LineCharacterCount minus one, and we get:
      Outline Mode (On) Hard Return Left () ; to go to left of the label we
      just created Find Next Code (Backward;Paragraph Number) Assign
      (Var01;LineCharacterCount) Find Next Code (Forward;Paragraph Number) ;
      to get back to the label we just Page Sept 12 96 created If (Var01>1) ;
      if the previous label is not at the left margin Repeat Tab Assign
      (Var02;Var02+1) Until (Var02>=Var01-1) End If Indent Outline Mode (Off)
      To test this script, run it and type a few words for the first topic;
      then run it again. So far so good, but we’re operating at the left
      margin. So run this test: 1) create a new topic 2) type a few words 3)
      put your insertion point to the left of the label 4) press Tab, to move
      the label to the right and change it to a capital letter 5) put your
      insertion point to the right of the text you typed 6) run the macro
      again Page Sept 13 96 You’ll get a new topic, indented one level like
      the topic above it. Now all we need is an Outline Tab command (and
      maybe a Back Tab command). Outline Tab As you can see by working with
      the stock outlining protocol, if Outline Mode is on, pressing Tab when
      just to the right of a label tabs the label. This works fine with stock
      outlining, since a Return leaves the insertion point right next to the
      label. We’ve added an Indent to our Outline Return, though, so the
      standard setup won’t work for us. What we can do is find the preceding
      Paragraph Number code. That find puts the insertion point to the
      immediate right of the code, at which point a Tab will do what we want
      it to, as long as Outline Mode is on. I’ve added an End of Line ()
      command at the start of this segment, just so that Outline Tab will do
      what it should no matter where in the line the insertion point may
      happen to be. For example, the user might have typed several lines past
      this one, and then decided that this line should be indented one level
      further. He or she clicks to the left of the label, hits Outline Tab,
      and presto – the line before this one gets Page Sept 14 96 indented
      further. What else could happen, given that we’re looking backwards for
      a Paragraph Number code? In general terms, to write good code you have
      to stay one step ahead of the user. After the Tab, I’ve added a Right
      () command, to move the insertion point from the Paragraph Number code
      past the Indent that our Outline Return command put there. If the user
      hasn’t typed anything in that topic, the insertion point is just where
      it should be. So, for an Outline Tab command, we have: End of Line ()
      Find Next Code (Backward;Paragraph Number) Outline Mode (On) Tab Right
      () Outline Mode (Off) Now let’s do a Back Tab command, and our basic
      outlining engine will be done! Back Tab is of course useful when the
      user decides he or she wants a particular label less indented – and
      this will be a common choice, given that our Return command maintains
      the level of Page Sept 15 96 indentation. To get a clearer picture of
      what we need to do, let’s look at the Codes window for an outline, as
      in figure 1: Figure 1: An outline in the Codes window where we see the
      first topic indented one level (one Tab at the left of the line), and
      the second topic indented one level further. Our user wants to move the
      second topic left by one level. For scripting purposes, we don’t know
      where the insertion point is, except that we can assume it’s in the
      topic the user wants to move. So we need to start with an End of Line
      () so that this will work anywhere in the line, and then search
      backwards for the Paragraph Number code (shown as “¶#:auto” in the
      Codes window). Then go left a character, since the Find Code command
      puts the insertion point to the right of the code it finds. Then,
      delete a character to get rid of one Tab. Then, go right two
      characters, past the Page Sept 16 96 Paragraph Number and the Indent,
      to the beginning of the text entry area. And we have: End of Line ()
      Find Next Code (Backward;Paragraph Number) Left () Delete Right ()
      Right () A more advanced operating mode What we have so far is a basic
      outliner with three commands, which the user could assign specialized
      keystrokes to, and that would be that. What I wanted, though, was an
      outliner that would use the Return, Tab and Shift-Tab keystrokes for
      both outlining and regular text entry, making the user’s life much
      easier. To do this sort of thing, we set up a global variable as a
      flag, and tell our outline macros to look at it. If the variable
      contains a value, do the Outline Return or Outline Tab code; Page Sept
      17 96 otherwise, do a regular Return or Tab. Let’s use GlobalVar23,
      which fits in my grand scheme of global variable use, and add to the
      macros as follows. If (GlobalVar23);if there’s something in GlobalVar23
      Outline Mode (On) Hard Return Left () ; to go to the left of the label
      we just created Find Next Code (Backward;Paragraph Number) Assign
      (Var01;LineCharacterCount) Find Next Code (Forward;Paragraph Number) ;
      to get back to the label we just created If (Var01>1) ; if the previous
      label is not at the left margin Repeat Tab Assign (Var02;Var02+1) Until
      (Var02>=Var01-1) End If Indent Outline Mode (Off) Page Sept 18 96
      Else;if there’s _not_ anything in GlobalVar23 Hard Return;the standard
      keyboard command End If and assign this macro the Return key itself. We
      can do the same for Outline Tab and Outline Back Tab (i.e. Shift-Tab).
      We now have an outline mode that needs to be turned on and off. This
      short macro will do that, by changing the value of GlobalVar23. Menu
      (Var01;"Outline Mode";{"On";"Off"}) Case (Var01;{1;On;2;Off};Cancel)
      Label (Cancel) End Macro Label (On) Assign (GlobalVar23;1) End Macro
      Label (Off) Assign (GlobalVar23;0) Page Sept 19 96 For an added touch,
      you could add a third menu choice, to go to the Outlining Dialog. The
      command for that dialog is, simply, “Outlining Dialog.” The commands
      for most dialogs are similarly straightforward. They’re listed, of
      course, in the online help. And there we are! The start of a complete
      outlining facility. There’s one drawback to our design: if you use the
      Return and Tab keys to navigate dialog boxes (e.g. the Return key to
      click the heavily-bordered button), you’ll want to use the Enter key
      instead. This is because all macros pause when dialogs are open, so
      Outline Return, although it delivers a regular hard return handily in a
      document window when Outline Mode is off, won’t have any effect when a
      dialog is open. The Enter key is fine, or you can assign any other
      keystroke to the Hard Return command in Keyboard in Preferences. Same
      with Tab and Back Tab. Dragging and dropping topics Note that if you
      want to drag topics around to reorganize, turn on Drag and Drop in
      Preferences, then triple-click to select an entire topic (paragraph),
      dragging to select any subtopics. Then release the mouse, click again
      and drag the insertion point to the left Page Sept 20 96 margin of the
      topic you want your dragged topic to land above. Presto. But we’ll have
      a fancier way of doing this, which will automatically move all
      subtopics as well. It’s some mighty fine code, coming right up. * * *
      John Rethorst, author of Teach Yourself WordPerfect, wishes that
      everything everywhere were written in outline form, since then maybe he
      could understand it. Contents Copyright © 1996 by John Rethorst. Used
      by permission. Page Sept 21 96 A little macro fun for this month.
      Enjoy. Are You a WordPerfect MacroManiac? Take this test and find out.
      By Daniel Midgley-a mac support team alumnus and former Editor of the
      WPMac News. My name is Daniel, and I am a MacroManiac. I'm not ashamed
      of it anymore, but it used to be a real problem. I used to lay awake at
      nights trying to remember command syntax. At one point, I tried to use
      a macro to type an entire document without using my hands. I think the
      turning point for me came when I ran out of unassigned keystrokes. That
      was when I knew I needed help. Page Sept 22 96 Fortunately, I wasn't
      alone in this. Caring and competent WordPerfect staff psychologists
      were on hand to show me that "the longer way is sometimes the best
      way." We even have a twelve-step program. Of course, with macros, we
      could pare it down to three or four steps, but that would defeat the
      purpose. There are usually three stages to this enjoyable yet
      debilitating condition. 1. At first, you think of macros as time-saving
      devices. The macro language is so easy to use that you find yourself
      enchanted by its simplicity and utility. 2. Then, macros become "fun."
      You start to spend more and more time on them. Spousal complaints
      usually begin at this stage. 3. In Stage Three, macros become a way of
      life. You begin to use the word 'elegant' in normal conversations. You
      always have one or two macros you're working on. Some of them are pages
      long. You write macros for tasks, even though you could be done with
      the actual task before you're finished writing the macro. The first
      step in treatment is to identify that you are a MacroManiac. To that
      end, we've prepared the following self-test. Answer 'yes' or 'no' to
      the following questions: Page Sept 23 96 1. Do you spend more time in
      the Macro Editor than in actual documents? 2. Have you bought more RAM
      just so you can scroll through your entire "Macro" menu? 3. Do you know
      the difference between "Font Name" and "FontName"? 4. Do you work on
      macros that you don't really need to work on, just so you can be
      working on a macro? 5. Do you attempt to hide your macro programming
      from others, or claim you can quit "anytime you want to"? 6. Do you
      sometimes wonder why John Rethorst didn't get on TIME Magazine's list
      of 25 Most Influential People? (After all, Courtney Love made it, and
      she probably doesn't even know how to do a simple menu separator.) 7.
      Do you regale your friends with stories of "how I fixed that last bug
      in my new macro"? (Extra point if you also think that your friends seem
      entertained by these stories.) 8. Do you frequently wish that there
      were a separate "Macro" menu in WordPerfect, perhaps right before
      "File"? 9. In the morning, do you stumble around your room, vainly
      searching for a "Get Dressed" macro? 10. Is your keyboard is so heavily
      rigged that a simple typing error makes you start a mail merge and fax
      your mom? Page Sept 24 96 Scoring Score 1 point for each 'yes' answer.
      7–11 points: You are a MacroManiac. The road to recovery is not easy,
      but it is possible. As a start, try typing "I will not write macros for
      already-existing commands" one hundred times. (Do not use a macro for
      this exercise.) As an alternative, try using QuickCorrect or Styles for
      some jobs. 3–6 points: You are a borderline MacroManiac. You may think
      that writing macros is fun (and you're right), but you must exercise
      caution. As we are fond of saying at our MA (Macros Anonymous)
      meetings, "I cannot do everything in my life with WordPerfect macros,
      but I can do most things." 0–3 points: You are probably not in danger
      of letting macros run your life. You may even find that you could do
      many things faster and easier with WordPerfect macros. In fact, have I
      ever told you about this cool command I found once? But there I go
      again. Page Sept 25 96 We welcome your comments, feedback, tips &
      tricks, and questions you would like to see answered in the News at
      wpmacnews@... (technical support questions will not be answered
      here).You can send any technical support questions to
      wpsupport@.... Allow a 3-4 day turnaround. If you need live phone
      support for a WordPerfect for Macintosh product, reach us at (801)
      765-4020, Priority : $25 fee (800) 861-2070, $2 per minute (900)
      555-3535. In every completed merge document, each page displays as page
      1. I have over 50 pages of merged letters in my document, why doesn’t
      the page number on the Status Bar change? The feature on the Status
      Bar only displays the logical page in your document. Your form file
      contains a one page letter. When you merge that one page letter with
      data, the final output is 50-one page merged letters. Each merged
      letter is logically treated as its own individual and separate page.
      Thus, the Status Bar displays each merged letter as page 1. Page Sept
      26 96 To view the actual number of physical pages in your merged
      document, select the Physical Page option to display on the Status
      Bar. This option will let you know the actual page number your cursor
      is located on in the merged document. (Click on the icon at the
      bottom left of the Status Bar and select Physical Page.) What does
      Relative Date represent in the Date/Time Preferences?
      Edit|Preferences|Date/Time|click on the Date pull-down menu. Relative
      Date refers to the Year of the Emperor. If the user is writing in
      Japanese, this feature will display the current Japanese year. I have
      created several pages of labels using the Labels template. How can I
      sort these in alphabetical order? No easy way to sort your labels. The
      Labels template is based on a table format. Each label is Page Sept
      27 96 actually an individual table cell. A table can not be sorted by
      an individual cell. Thus, you can not sort your individual labels. One
      option: if you are using a data file to merge with your labels, you can
      sort the data file. Open the data file, Edit|Select All.
      Tools|Sort|select Merge from the Items pull-down menu|enter the
      appropriate numbers for Field, Zone, and Word|Begin. Once your data
      file is alphabetized, merge it with your labels form file. Page Sept
      28 96 FAVORITE TIP OF THE MONTH! Check out the following
      site:http://www.solutions.apple.com/ListAdmin/ Subscribe to a plethora
      of Macintosh lists! Guy Kawasaki’s Evangelist, Applescript Users, and
      more....This will take you to the page containing all of the
      information you'll need about the mailing list, plus a web-based
      interface for subscribing and unsubscribing. If you do not have access
      to the WWW, then you should remember: info@... If you
      e-mail info@..., it will send you a full set of
      instructions on how to subscribe and unsubscribe to the mail lists,
      what lists and other services are available on Page Sept 29 96 this
      server, how to contact real people for more help, and how to access the
      system-wide help guides and tutorials. This one address is your entry
      point for getting anything you need on the system, so you can get an
      updated copy of the instructions any time you need them. Record a macro
      that sets your WPMac preferences. Tools|Macro|Record. Title the macro
      something obvious, such as ‘ Preferences’ (if you place a space before
      the name of the macro, it will appear at the top of your macro list).
      Anytime you trash your Preferences (USA) file, this macro will reset
      all of your customized preferences for you. Hold down the Command key
      while sizing a graphic. This allows you to size the frame without
      effecting the actual size of the graphic. You can also use the Command
      key to reposition the graphic within the graphic box. Pick up the
      speed...move your cursor through text word by word instead of letter by
      letter. Hold down the Option key and then press the right or left arrow
      key. Page Sept 30 96 The Type macro command is used to insert specified
      text into the active window. This command is limited to 255 characters.
      Use it again and again as needed to insert any amount of text that is
      longer than 255 characters. Type (If you e-mail
      info@..., it will send you a full set of instructions
      on how to subscribe and unsubscribe to the mail lists, what lists and
      other services are available on this server, how to contact real people
      for more help,) Type ( and how to access the system-wide help guides
      and tutorials. This one address is your entry point for getting
      anything you need on the system, so you can get an updated copy of the
      instructions any time you need them.)Page Sept31 96 I want to know how
      to place a Page X of Y page numbering format at the bottom of each page
      in my document. 1. Place the cursor on the first page of the document.
      2. Layout|Header/Footer|New|Footer A. 3. Select your alignment from
      the Layout Tool bar. 4. Type in the word ‘Page’ and press the space bar
      once. 5. Click the page numbering icon on the Footer bar to insert
      the automatic page number. Press the space bar once. 6. Tools|List. 7.
      Select Create Reference from the Type menu. 8. Select Page from the
      Target Type menu. Page Sept 32 96 9. Type the text, ‘Page Total’, in
      the Target ID box. (The Target ID is only a tag or a label. You can
      type in any text you like for the Target ID.) 10. Click the Mark
      button. (A question mark will appear and once generated, will be
      replaced by the total number of pages in the document.) 11. Close the
      Footer. 12. Close the List dialog. 13. Place the cursor on the last
      page of the document. 14. Tools|List. 15. Select Mark Target from the
      Type menu. The Target ID should appear as ‘Page Total’. 16. Click the
      Mark button. 17. Tools|List. 18. Click the Generate button. Click OK in
      the alert dialog that appears. 19. File|Print Preview will allow you to
      view the page numbering. 20. Anytime you insert additional pages of
      text into your document, simply regenerate the document (from the List
      dialog) to recalculate the total number of pages. Page Sept 33 96 When
      I select Sort from the Tools menu, a dialog appears on screen with all
      of my files listed. Why doesn’t the Sort dialog open? You must first
      select the text on screen that you want to sort. Once text (entire
      document or a portion of the document) is highlighted, Tools|Sort will
      open the Sort dialog box. When text is not selected, WordPerfect does
      not know what you want to sort. Thus, the dialog appears with a listing
      of your files so that you can instruct WordPerfect which document to
      sort. Page Sept 34 96 The orel WordPerfect update for current 3.5 users
      is available! ftp.corel.com/pub/wordperfect/wordperfect/wpmac/updates
      download the file: Corel WP 3.5 Updater.hqx Keep in mind—this is ONLY
      the update for current 3.5 users. The update installer will only update
      the current version of 3.5 and does not include the new fonts,
      graphics, sounds, or MasterJuggler Pro font utility. The full version
      of Corel WordPerfect 3.5 is due to release sometime in September. You
      can contact our Orders Department at 1-800-772-6735 to pre-order the
      upgrade for $89 (competitive upgrade is also $89). Current 3.5 users
      who want to purchase the new Corel WordPerfect 3.5 can also contact our
      Orders Department to purchase the CD for $24.95. Page Sept 35 96 An
      academic version of Corel WordPerfect 3.5 will be available for $39.95.
      Check the following web site for eligibility qualifications:
      www.corel.com/education/definitions.htm UPDATE WILL NOT INSTALL If you
      download the update from our ftp site successfully, but receive an
      error when installing, try the following: • Trash the WordPerfect 3.5
      folder. SAVE YOUR DOCUMENTS by reserving them on the desktop or in
      another folder on your hard drive. This also includes any templates you
      have created or customized. You may also want to save your User
      Dictionary (USA) file found in the Language folder if you want to
      preserve all of the words you have added to the Speller. Once the
      WordPerfect 3.5 folder has been thrown away, boot your computer with
      extensions off and then reinstall WordPerfect 3.5. Once this is
      completed, install the update. Page Sept 36 96 • If you still
      experience installation problems, try downloading the update file again
      from the ftp site. • To no avail, the update still won’t install, feel
      free to contact technical support at 1-801-765-4020. Please have your
      serial or PIN number ready. You may also contact technical support at
      wpsupport@.... Allow a 3-4 day turnaround. Check the Corel’s
      Macintosh Family of Products site for specific details about the Corel
      WordPerfect 3.5 application and its features.
      www.corel.com/products/macintosh Page Sept 37 96 We want to hear from
      you! Give us your comments and take the opportunity to write an
      article, macro, or tip and trick for the News. Submit all entries to:
      wpmacnews@.... Each entry is not guaranteed to be published in
      the News, but we will definitely work with you and do our best to make
      sure you achieve your WPMac News debut. WRITE FOR US AND SEE YOUR NAME
      IN LIGHTS Want to select a free CD from a stash of Corel WordPerfect
      CDs (selection may vary)? The only requirement for this free CD is to
      have your article published as the Cover Story in WPMac News. We are
      giving you the opportunity to write for us. We will select those
      articles that are informative, easy-to-read, and cover any of the
      features found in WordPerfect for the Macintosh. It’s as easy as this:
      • Pick a feature, or group of similar features, from WPMac. • Write an
      informative feature article. (Review some of the Feature Highlights
      from our Back Issues for helpful hints and guidelines). • Submit a copy
      of the article to: wpmacnews@.... Subject should be Cover Story.
      Please leave your name, address, phone, and email. Page Sept 38 96 • We
      will respond as soon as possible. No guarantees that your article will
      be published in the News (don’t worry, we will help as much as
      possible). • We will let you know if your article has been accepted as
      a Cover Story for the News and what month it will be featured. • Any
      questions, please send to: wpmacnews@... • We reserve the right
      to edit any part (content, format, etc.) of your article. LET OUR
      READERS SEE THOSE MACROS If writing is not your thing, but macros
      are...this is for you. We want to see what macros you have written to
      help with your work in WPMac. Submit any macro written in WordPerfect
      for Macintosh to wpmacnews@... (be sure you provide your name,
      address, phone, and email). Again, no guarantees that your macro will
      appear in the News. But, if we love your macro and think our readers
      will to, you will receive a free, snazzy WPMac mug. SUBMIT YOUR TIPS &
      TRICKS What is your favorite WPMac tip or trick? No free stuff given
      away for this one, but we will publish your name along side your entry
      in the News. Submit to wpmacnews@.... Include name, phone, and
      email. Page Sept 39 96 GIVE US THE SCOOP What features or questions
      would you like to see covered in the News? We want to make sure that we
      provide you the best information possible. Let us know if there is
      anything we can cover in the News that will make your life and work
      much simpler. WE AIM TO PLEASE Let us know if you like the News and if
      you have any suggestions for improvement. In case it hasn’t been
      mentioned enough, send your comments to wpmacnews@....