WP Mac News 96/07

  • jrethorst@post.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 7, 2004
      July 1996 Issue 19 WPMac News is a monthly newsletter published for
      those who use WordPerfect for Macintosh, anyone interested in the
      product, and those who stumble across this newsletter and are
      captivated to read. It contains any late-breaking news, the hottest
      issues from customer support, and extensive coverage of WPMac features.
      Check out this current issue, as well as our past issues. We hope you
      find the News informative, helpful, and even entertaining. It’s picnics
      and fireworks this month. I hope you enjoy this issue of WPMac News as
      much as your 4th of July celebration. This issue is packed with loads
      of information. The Cover Story features the much anticipated Corel
      WordPerfect 3.5 update which will be released sometime in July. Check
      out the article for details. John Rethorst contributes lots of macro
      stuff this month. He provides a great macro tip, the monthly macro, and
      his Mastering Macros column. Ken Freeman makes a request for your
      documents in Corel Corp. And, Direct Questions will tell you where you
      can download the current WPMac News and all past issues, as well as
      locations on our web site for WPMac info. Lisa Credits Lisa Foster,
      Editor and Layout LaMar Kirby, Graphic Design and Web Master John
      Rethorst, Mastering Macros WPMac Support Team Page July 2 96 COREL
      version of WordPerfect 3.5 is an updated version of the two time Eddy
      award winning WordPerfect 3.5, previously shipped by Novell ® . The new
      Corel package includes 156 new TrueType fonts, 5400 clip art images,
      187 textures (jpg format), 67 sounds, and 200 stock photos (jpg
      format). To help manage fonts, sounds and desk accessories, the
      MasterJuggler Pro TM font utility is also included. French, Spanish and
      German spellers and thesauri are also included in this new Corel
      package. To continue helping users put the Internet to work, Corel has
      included a new version of the Netscape Navigator 2.02 browser. The new
      HTML Read Me contains a new button bar Page July 3 96 and macros for
      building HTML forms within WordPerfect. The new Corel WordPerfect 3.5
      can also import and export the new Corel WordPerfect 7 for Windows 95
      file types as well as many other file types including Microsoft Word 4,
      5, and 6. Corel WordPerfect also supports Macintosh Easy Open, MacLink
      Plus, and XTND conversion filters. WHERE, WHEN, AND HOW Corel
      WordPerfect 3.5 will be available sometime in July. Current WordPerfect
      3.5 users will be able to download the update installer from: •
      ftp.corel.com/pub/wordperfect/wordperfect/wpmac/updates • America
      Online. Keyword wordperfect. Help & Info Files/Software Library. •
      CompuServe. Go WPMAC. General Information Library. • The new HTML Read
      Me (macros included) will be posted at:
      ftp.corel.com/pub/wordperfect/wordperfect/wpmac/macros Page July 4 96
      Keep checking these sites for the update installer and HTML Read Me.
      They will be posted sometime in July with logical filenames that you
      can easily detect. The update installer will only update the current
      version of 3.5 and does not include the new fonts, graphics, sounds, or
      MasterJuggler Pro font utility. Previous WordPerfect users can upgrade
      to Corel WordPerfect 3.5 for the suggested retail price of $89 US. A
      competitive trade-up is also available for the suggested retail price
      of $89 US. Qualifying products include, but are not limited to:
      Microsoft Word, MacWrite Pro, Claris Works, Nisus Writer, Now Write,
      and Full Write. FIXED These are a few of the biggies that are fixed:
      Page July 5 96 • Ruler crashes in subdocuments when using a black and
      white monitor. • Unable to change the position of a graphic caption. •
      Strange display errors with the Toolbars on a 9500 (using the Graphics
      Accelerator Extension). • Zipcodes beginning with a zero not working in
      Print Envelope. • Can’t see the Fonts menu in WP Preferences and the
      Print Envelope dialog when running WordPerfect 3.5 with a 12” monitor
      (SE/30, LC). • Unable to select the envelope tray when printing
      envelopes. • -108 error during CD installation. • Text disappears in
      the Print Envelope dialog after 119 characters. A complete listing of
      all fixes in the 3.5 update will be available sometime in August on our
      ftp site. KEEP IN MIND Corel WordPerfect 3.5 is an update and not a
      version upgrade. The update installer is designed to fix a number of
      items in the program (which you may or may not have Page July 6 96
      experienced as a problem). We can not address every issue immediately,
      but are doing our best to accommodate your needs while strengthening
      the overall efficiency of the product. FUTURE DEVELOPMENT Upcoming
      versions will continue to support the Macintosh interface, Apple
      technologies and prove to set new standards in Macintosh business
      applications. The long established relationship between WordPerfect
      developers and Apple is strengthened at Corel by a larger and more
      dynamic Macintosh development team. Corel Corporation also intends to
      add support for Copland and OpenDoc functionality in upcoming releases
      of Corel WordPerfect for Macintosh. Page July 7 96 by John Rethorst
      GOING AROUND IN CIRCLES Macro systems we’ve looked at up to now have
      been fairly linear in the respect that they let the user make a choice
      from, say, a menu, and get an action. They then go to sleep until the
      user calls them again. The macros haven’t done much to keep track of
      things while you weren’t running them. Time for that to change. Let’s
      look at a macro set that gives the user better control over multiple
      open documents. You may have four or five files open, comparing
      different drafts, opposing arguments or whatever. You might like a sort
      of bookmark feature to go back and forth to specific places among these
      files, but bookmarks themselves take longer to set and, in this case,
      outlast their usefulness. Their main drawback, though, is that
      Page July 8 96 they’re document-specific (either the program bookmarks
      in version 3.5, or my bookmark macros for 3.0 and 3.1). This
      alternative, which I call “Previous Positions,” can be set in a second,
      and works across all open documents. Here’s what the menu looks like:
      Figure 1: the Go To menu Page July 9 96 where each option has the
      document name; then, in parenthesis, the page number, and then several
      words from the position. The menu is as wide as your screen, so enough
      of the text can be displayed to be recognizable. When you click on an
      option, or type the letter to its left, the macro brings that document
      to the front, goes to the specified page, and searches for the text,
      selecting it. If editing has moved the text so it doesn’t appear on the
      specified page, the macro posts this dialog: Figure 2: If the text
      isn’t found If you click Yes, the macro searches the whole document. If
      it can’t find the document in the first place (you closed it), the
      macro tells you. Page July 10 96 As part of the basic design, the
      macros remember the ten most recently assigned positions. When all ten
      memories are filled and you assign another position, the oldest one is
      replaced. We’ll see how to do that, with a ‘carousel’ design you can
      use for any number of things. Vary that variable This set consists of
      two macros: “Assign Previous Position” and “Go to Previous Position.”
      They’re included in this month’s macro distribution, and you may want
      to print the scripts and follow along. With the Assign macro, we start
      off with a global variable, which we increment by 1, every time the
      macro runs: Assign (GlobalVar12;GlobalVar12+1) If (GlobalVar12>10)
      Assign (GlobalVar12;1) End If Page July 11 96 so that GlobalVar12 will
      always have a value between 1 and 10. That value determines which of
      the 10 menu options is replaced by the most recently assigned position.
      We call this sort of thing a ‘counter’, and you can find a lot of uses
      for it. With that variable in place, we can then set up a case command:
      9;nine;10;ten}) so that execution goes to labels designated by the
      spelled-out numbers, based on the numeric value of GlobalVar12. Why did
      I spell out the numbers for labels? Just to keep things straight. You
      can use names of cars for labels if you want – just so the Case command
      and the labels match. A label looks like: Label (one) Call (select)
      Assign (GlobalVar13;DocumentName$" ("$LogicalPage$") "$Clipboard) Go
      (end) Page July 12 96 so global variable 13 will make up one of the
      choices on the menu. At a later point we’ll be picking apart these
      globals to get the document name, page, and text that was on the
      clipboard, and we’ll need a way to distinguish those three pieces of
      data. The parentheses wouldn’t do very well by themselves, since
      someone might easily have parentheses in their document name. In the
      original version of these macros I put two spaces on either side of the
      parentheses, but lo! some users had two spaces before a parenthesis in
      their file names. Side but important point: now that you’re a
      programmer, you need to know that part of what you’re doing is
      outwitting the user. That’s entirely benevolent, because we just never
      know what that user is going to do next. I’ll tell ya . . . So I went
      looking for something that would serve as a space in the menu option,
      so that the document name, page number, and text would be easy to tell
      apart, but which wasn’t what you get when you press the space bar. And,
      in the Symbols dialog: Page July 13 96 Figure 3: the mystery symbol I
      found that the area that the cursor is pointing to in figure 3 would do
      fine. So I inserted one of those in a document, copied it, and pasted
      it into the code in each line that assigns globals. Actually, I pasted
      two of these on either side of the parentheses, to make the menu easier
      to read at a glance. Note that execution branches right off to a Select
      label which, as you might expect, selects text to designate the
      position. We’ll get to that in a minute. Since we go to Select with a
      Call command, execution will return to the line just below the Call
      command. That next line assigns three things to the next global
      variable: the document name, the logical page, and the contents of the
      clipboard (or as much as will fit in the 255 character variable limit).
      Page July 14 96 Ten globals – GlobalVar13 through GlobalVar22 – make up
      the menu posted by the Go To macro. All that’s left is the Select
      label, which reads: Label (select) Display (Off) End of Line (Select)
      Copy Left () Display (On) Return which I designed to select and copy,
      quickly and unobtrusively, enough text that I could find the position
      later on. I started with selecting five words to the right of the
      insertion point, but that was slow. Also, if in the process of counting
      those five words, the macro crossed a hard return, tab or other
      formatting character, that character was left out of the global (which
      contains only text). When I then went to find the text with the Go To
      macro, it didn’t work since the Find command does recognize returns and
      tabs. Ouch. Page July 15 96 But End of Line (Select) turned out to be
      perfect. Fast, and is less likely to bump into a problematic code. If
      the insertion point is one word away from the right end of the line,
      the global only gets that one word but, including the document name and
      page number, there’s still something to work with. The documentation
      recommends that the user have the insertion point further to the left
      in the line when calling the Assign macro. The point of selecting text
      to the right of the insertion point is that deletion is most often done
      from right to left, so text to the right is more likely to stay intact.
      I turned display off for this snippet of code for more speed. The
      Return command, as you remember, takes execution back to the line
      following the Call command. The Call/Return structure, which we first
      learned in September 1995, is worth its weight in gold, in terms of the
      amount of code you’d need otherwise. The Go To macro Now that we have
      10 global variables full of data, let’s look at the other half of the
      engine: the macro that finds positions based on what’s in the globals.
      Be advised, this part of things Page July 16 96 is a little more
      complicated. Starting out is easy, though. What else – build a menu!
      Menu (Var00;"Go to Previous
      7;GlobalVar18;GlobalVar19;GlobalVar20;GlobalVar21;GlobalVar22}) Case
      10;ten};cancel) Label (cancel) Go (end) giving us labels according to
      the user’s choice. Let’s go to label one: Label (one) SubString
      Position (Var01;" (";GlobalVar13) SubString Position (Var02;")
      ";GlobalVar13) SubString (Var03;1;Var01-1;GlobalVar13) SubString
      (Var04;Var01+3;Var02-(Var01+3);GlobalVar13) String Length
      (Var05;GlobalVar13) Page July 17 96 SubString
      (Var06;Var02+3;Var05-(Var02+2);GlobalVar13) Go (go to) which is,
      indeed, more complicated. We can see, though, that it’s just a mess of
      Substring, String Length and Substring Position commands, which we
      learned in January, to pick apart a global variable – GlobalVar13
      through 22, as appropriate. What do we pick out? Var01: the position of
      the first of the two special spaces before a left parenthesis (note
      figure 4 for a chart). Var02: the position of a right parenthesis
      followed by two special spaces. Var03: the part of the global starting
      at position 1 (the first character), and going the length of Var01
      minus 1 – to the last character of the document name. The document name
      is thus going into Var03. Let’s make sure we understand this. Here’s a
      chart of the surgery we’re going to do on GlobalVar13. The special
      spaces are replaced by boxes in figure 4: Page July 18 96 Var01
      (position) Var02 (position) Document Name (##) text that was selected
      Var03 Var04 Var06 Var05 (length) Figure 4: Cutting up the contents of a
      global variable In the example above, the first special space is in
      position 14. The name of the document we’re going to look for is thus
      contained in the substring going from position 1 for a length Page July
      19 96 of 13, or Var01-1, in GlobalVar13. Var04: starting with the
      position of the first special space plus 3 and going from there to
      Var02 minus the quantity Var01 plus 3, to give the page number. This
      allows for a varying number of digits in the page number. Note that
      Var04 is a string at this point, since it has been produced by the
      Substring command. We’ll coerce it to a number when necessary. Var05:
      the length of the global. Var06: starts with Var02 plus 3, to give the
      first character of the text we’ll search for, and going the length of
      the whole global (Var05) minus the position of the right parenthesis
      plus 2, to subtract the document name and page number. Well, I told you
      this would be complicated. Count this stuff out, since you’re going to
      miss the largest part of the value of this column if you don’t see how
      the global variable is cut into local variables. Why do any of this?
      Why not just use more globals? Nice idea, but there are only 50 of
      them, and they last for the whole current session of WP. And other
      macro mavens don’t Page July 20 96 want you tromping all over their
      globals. The information highway OK, we now have all this information:
      Var03, Var04 and Var06, and can simply look for it among open
      documents. This is just cleanup. As you saw above, each label cuts up
      the global and then goes to a label called Go To. This consists of:
      Label (go to) On Error (error) Select Window (Var03) String To Number
      (Var04;Var04) Go To (Var04;Current;No Change) to select the document
      name contained in Var03, and go to the page number contained in Var04 –
      once we’ve coerced that string to a number, since WP can’t count to the
      number of a page with a string. Page July 21 96 We then want to search
      for the text in Var06, so we do this: Select Page Find/Change Direction
      (Within Selection;No Wrap) Find/Change Where ({All}) Find/Change Match
      (Partial Word;Case Insensitive;Alphabet Insensitive;CharRep
      Insensitive;{Text Only}) Find/Change Action (Select Match) Find String
      (Var06) Find selecting the page first, so as to limit the range of our
      search. What if? If that search doesn’t find anything, there could be
      two reasons: the text has moved to another page, or has been deleted.
      Another error will occur if the document can’t be found among those
      open. The finished macros deal with these possibilities, and I’ll let
      you sort Page July 22 96 out how they do it, you experts, you. Task
      keys I originally envisaged the Assign macro as being called by
      OnStartUp, running automatically every time you clicked the mouse
      within the document window. That works fine except that the macro is
      paused whenever you’re not clicking the mouse and, with the present
      program version, screen redraw is not as good when a macro is paused.
      You can try it like this, though, with a couple of quick additions.
      First, add these lines to the top of the Assign script: Label (top)
      Pause Until (#Click#) and add this line to the end of the script: Go
      (top) Page July 23 96 The Pause Until command is new to us. It pauses
      macro execution until it sees a character or task key typed. A task key
      can be anything listed in Preferences/Keyboard/Commands. (!) Enclose
      the command in pound signs in the script to designate it as a task key.
      A short example of the usefulness of this feature is a macro I wrote to
      change the font to Symbol for a few characters: Assign (Var00;FontName)
      Font Name ("Symbol") Pause Until (#Right#) Font Name (Var00) so that
      the macro changes the font to Symbol and pauses until the user presses
      the right arrow, at which point the font is set back to whatever it was
      originally. John Rethorst, author of Teach Yourself WordPerfect, thinks
      that the good life consists of writing macros at the beach. Contents
      Copyright © 1996 by John Rethorst. Used by permission. Page July 24 96
      A macro to convert regular WP styles to HTML styles-by John Rethorst
      This could save a lot of time and promote accuracy if you are
      converting a WP file that uses styles into HTML. The sample code below
      assumes that you have three regular styles named "Heading 1" through
      "Heading 3": Goto Top of Document Repeat Find Next Code (Forward;Style
      On) If (CurrentStyle="Heading1") HTML Heading (1) End If Page July
      25 96 If (CurrentStyle="Heading2") HTML Heading (2) End If If
      (CurrentStyle="Heading3") HTML Heading (3) End If Until
      (!FindStatusFlag) Page July 26 96 We welcome your comments, feedback,
      tips & tricks, and questions you would like to see answered in the News
      at wpmacnews@... (technical support questions will not be
      answered here).You can send any technical support questions to
      wpsupport@.... Allow a 3-4 day turnaround. If you need live phone
      support for a WordPerfect for Macintosh product, reach us at (801)
      765-4020, Priority : $25 fee (800) 861-2070, $2 per minute (900)
      555-3535. Where can I find Mac information on the new Corel web site?
      WPMac News: www.corel.com/wpmacnews Corel’s Macintosh Products Info:
      www.corel.com/products/macintosh Search WordPerfect’s Knowledge Base: This is a good one! All of the
      knowledge collected from our technicians and specialists is gathered
      here. Search for any technical information concerning WPMac. This site
      is constantly being added to and updated with new information.
      Page July 27 96 What is the status of the WPMac News? Is this
      newsletter being continued with Corel? Where can I download the current
      issue and all back issues? WPMac News is here to stay! We hope you
      continue to enjoy this newsletter. The current issue
      (www.corel.com/wpmacnews/issues/current) will always have an Envoy icon
      on the main monthly page that will allow you to download the Envoy
      version. All back issues are stored at:
      ftp.corel.com/pub/wordperfect/wordperfect/wpmac/wpmacnews The Envoy
      version can also be downloaded from: America Online. Keyword
      wordperfect in the Help and Info Files section of the Software Library.
      CompuServe. Go WPMAC and check the General Information Library.
      Page July 28 96 Great tip from John Rethorst! Write an AppleScript with
      this one line: launch application "WordPerfect" Save it as a script,
      for use with Script Menu or OSA Menu, or save it as a double–clickable
      applet, as you prefer. What it does is launch WP - in the background.
      It doesn't run the OnStartUp macro, and doesn't open a new document.
      This would be handy if you're working in another program, and know
      you're going to Page July 29 96 need WP in a few minutes. This opens it
      without interrupting what you're doing now, with the WP splash screen
      and other startup effects. If you want WP to launch and your startup
      macros to run, all in the background, make the script: tell application
      "WordPerfect" launch do script "OnStartUp" end tell My OnStartUp macro
      runs four other macros, so this is helpful. Or, you could have a
      command that started WP and made it active, but didn't run OnStartUp:
      tell application "WordPerfect" launch activate end tell Page July 30 96
      Or write a macro with the one line "Open Dialog", call it "Open" and
      have an AppleScript like: tell application "WordPerfect" launch
      activate do script "Open" end tell to get the Open dialog instead of a
      new window. Wish you could use those WordPerfect 5.1 or 6.0 keystrokes
      that you have grown to know and love? Check out your Keyboard
      Preferences. Edit|Preferences|Keyboard. Change from the Standard
      Keyboard to the 5.x or 6.x Keyboard, then click Done. Now you can use
      all of those familiar keystrokes with WordPerfect for Macintosh 3.5.
      Page July 31 96 Hold down the Option key while opening any folder at
      the Finder. This feature closes the preceding folder and leaves only
      the current folder open. This will definitely help to clean up a
      cluttered desktop when accessing any multi-level deep folder. Two great
      and informative subscription lists: • Correspond with other WPMac
      users. Ask questions or provide answers. Your own technical support
      right at your fingertips. Send email to: majordomo@... List the
      following as the subject (replace your own name for Real
      Name):Subscribe WP-L Real Name • Evangelist, Guy Kawasaki’s unofficial
      Apple listserver of good news about Apple, Macintosh, and third-party
      developers. Send email to: evangelist@... Page July 32 96 How
      can I mix portrait and landscape orientation in the same document? You
      must use System 7.5.x in combination with WPMac 3.1 or 3.5. QuickDraw
      GX needs to be installed and turned on (in the Extensions Manager).
      Your GX printer driver must be selected in the Chooser. Once these
      requirements are met, you are ready to change the orientation in your
      document. Place your cursor on any page that needs an orientation
      change. File|Page Setup. Select landscape or portrait. Repeat this
      process as needed throughout the document. Portrait Landscape
      Page July 33 96 I have placed a code for font size 10 in my Endnotes
      style. The endnote text prints correctly at a size 10, but the endnote
      number remains at a size 12. Why? The font size 10 code is currently
      located AFTER your endnote number code in the style. Thus, size 10 will
      only apply to the endnote text and not the endnote number. To fix: •
      Layout|Endnotes|Style. • With the arrow keys on your keyboard, move the
      cursor (the black, thick rectangle) before the code. (If you press your
      left arrow key quite a few times it should do the trick.) • Now click
      on the Size menu and select font size 10. • Notice that the font size
      code is now placed BEFORE the endnote number code. • Close the Endnote
      style window. • Your endnotes should now print correctly. Page July
      34 96 My status bar has disappeared. How can I get it back on screen?
      First thing - check to make sure that the status bar is turned on:
      Edit|Preferences|Show Bars. Is Status Bar checked? If not, check its
      box and click OK. It should now appear at the bottom of the screen.If
      the Status Bar is checked on and still does not display: File|Quit to
      shut down WordPerfect. Open your hard drive|System
      Folder|Preferences|WordPerfect. Drag the file, Preferences (USA), into
      the trash. Close all open folders and restart WordPerfect. Preferences
      (USA) is automatically rebuilt on restart. The Status Bar should now
      display at the bottom of the screen. Page July 35 96 How are you using
      WordPerfect for Macintosh? Attending the Macworld trade shows over the
      years, I have noticed a wide variety of questions from users usually
      starting with, "Can WordPerfect do....?" The booth worker will say,
      "You bet WordPerfect can! Let me show you." Then he or she will
      scramble to create a sample document. I would like to create a library
      of real life documents to help us demonstrate real life uses of our
      product. That is where I need your assistance. I am always hearing
      about the amazing things our users are doing in WordPerfect. If you
      think you have created a pretty slick document, or gotten the most out
      of a feature, now is your chance to show it off! Send those documents
      to me. Page July 36 96 When sending files, please include a file that
      explains what your document does or is, and how you created it. Please
      compress your files (probably a good idea to binhex them) and send them
      to: wpmacnews@.... Please include the text "Sample Files" in the
      subject of the mail message. Also, take this opportunity to let me know
      what kind of features you would like to see in future versions of
      WordPerfect. Is there a slight change to an existing feature that would
      enable you to do something better, faster, smarter? If we use your
      document in our final library, we'll send you a WordPerfect mug (you
      know, like a coffee mug). I look forward to seeing your creative work!
      Thanks, Ken Freeman Corel Macintosh Marketing Page July 37 96 We want
      to hear from you! Give us your comments and take the opportunity to
      write an article, macro, or tip and trick for the News. Submit all
      entries to: wpmacnews@.... Each entry is not guaranteed to be
      published in the News, but we will definitely work with you and do our
      best to make sure you achieve your WPMac News debut. WRITE FOR US AND
      SEE YOUR NAME IN LIGHTS Want to select a free CD from a stash of Corel
      WordPerfect CDs (selection may vary)? The only requirement for this
      free CD is to have your article published as the Cover Story in WPMac
      News. We are giving you the opportunity to write for us. We will select
      those articles that are informative, easy-to-read, and cover any of the
      features found in WordPerfect for the Macintosh. It’s as easy as this:
      • Pick a feature, or group of similar features, from WPMac. • Write an
      informative feature article. (Review some of the Feature Highlights
      from our Back Issues for helpful hints and guidelines). • Submit a copy
      of the article to: wpmacnews@.... Subject should be Cover Story.
      Please leave your name, address, phone, and email. Page July 38 96 • We
      will respond as soon as possible. No guarantees that your article will
      be published in the News (don’t worry, we will help as much as
      possible). • We will let you know if your article has been accepted as
      a Cover Story for the News and what month it will be featured. • Any
      questions, please send to: wpmacnews@... • We reserve the right
      to edit any part (content, format, etc.) of your article. LET OUR
      READERS SEE THOSE MACROS If writing is not your thing, but macros
      are...this is for you. We want to see what macros you have written to
      help with your work in WPMac. Submit any macro written in WordPerfect
      for Macintosh to wpmacnews@... (be sure you provide your name,
      address, phone, and email). Again, no guarantees that your macro will
      appear in the News. But, if we love your macro and think our readers
      will to, you will receive a free, snazzy WPMac mug. SUBMIT YOUR TIPS &
      TRICKS What is your favorite WPMac tip or trick? No free stuff given
      away for this one, but we will publish your name along side your entry
      in the News. Submit to wpmacnews@.... Include name, phone, and
      email. Page July 39 96 GIVE US THE SCOOP What features or questions
      would you like to see covered in the News? We want to make sure that we
      provide you the best information possible. Let us know if there is
      anything we can cover in the News that will make your life and work
      much simpler. WE AIM TO PLEASE Let us know if you like the News and if
      you have any suggestions for improvement. In case it hasn’t been
      mentioned enough, send your comments to wpmacnews@....