WP Mac News 96/06

  • jrethorst@post.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 7, 2004
      June 1996 Issue 18 WPMac News is a monthly newsletter published for
      those who use WordPerfect for Macintosh, anyone interested in the
      product, and those who stumble across this newsletter and are
      captivated to read. It contains any late-breaking news, the hottest
      issues from customer support, and extensive coverage of WPMac features.
      Check out this current issue, as well as our past issues. We hope you
      find the News informative, helpful, and even entertaining. WPMac News
      had a facelift! It’s the same great news, information, and macros, but
      with a new image. We worked for something different, cool, and
      hopefully easy to follow. Our master graphic designer, LaMar Kirby has
      really out-done himself on this one. We are more than happy with our
      final product, and hope you feel the same! Lots of great stuff to plow
      through this month. A Cover Story on Templates, a new macro from John
      Rethorst, and oodles of tips, tricks, and helpful guides. Make sure you
      check out our new section, Feed the News. We want to hear your feedback
      and also give you the opportunity to write for the News. Hope you enjoy
      our newsletter with a new wardrobe. Lisa Credits Lisa Foster, Editor
      and Layout LaMar Kirby, Graphic Design and Web Weaver John Rethorst,
      Mastering Macros WPMac Support Team Page June 2 96
      Templates-WordPerfect 3.5 by Lisa Foster WordPerfect 3.5 ships with a
      standard set of predesigned templates. These forms (previously called
      Stationery) were created to save you time and energy. You can use any
      of the installed templates or create your own. File|Templates|you can
      access any of the templates listed, or click Open|More Templates to
      access all of the template sets. When you open a template document, a
      copy of the template appears in the document window and remains
      untitled until you save and name it. The original template file remains
      unchanged so that you can open, edit and save as many copies as you
      need. Page June 3 96 CREATE A NEW TEMPLATE The Templates feature is
      provided as a way of opening standard forms that will insert any
      information into preset locations in the document. Keep in mind that
      most of the information in your template will not change. Prompts are
      created to insert the text that will change within the form each time
      it is opened. 1. File|Templates|New Template. 2. Select the Templates
      Bar from the Button Bar pull-down menu (located at the beginning of the
      Button Bar). These three buttons should appear. 3. Design your template
      just as you would any other document. Fonts, text, margins, tabs, and
      any other formatting can be used to create your form. 4. Create a
      prompt at any point in the document where you want to insert new text
      each time you open the template: Page June 4 96 • Click the Prompt
      button on the Button Bar. • Click Custom Prompt and enter the text for
      your prompt, I.E. Person’s Name. Options A-G will insert data from your
      Personal Information. (See Tips below for steps to change or update
      your Personal Info.) Create as many prompts as you need, at any spot in
      the document. Notice that each prompt can be distinguished by the
      square brackets surrounding the prompt text. Page June 5 96 5. When the
      template format is complete, click Create on the Button Bar and give
      the template a name. This new template document is automatically saved
      in the Templates folder. 6. File|Templates will display the name of
      your new template. EDIT AN EXISTING TEMPLATE Feel free to customize any
      of the installed templates or the templates you have created. 1.
      File|Templates|open the template you wish to modify. 2. Click Cancel on
      the first prompt for User Input. 3. Click Yes to Cancel Fill In Macro.
      This will keep all of the prompts in the document active. Page June
      6 96 4. Select Templates Bar from the Button Bar pull-down menu . 5.
      Click the Start button to format the template. 6. Edit the template.
      Change the font, add text, add your company logo, add or delete any
      prompts, etc. 7. Click the Create button to save the file. Give the
      template a new name if you want to keep the original, or give it the
      same document name to replace the original. TIPS ABOUT TEMPLATES An
      existing document can be converted into a template. Follow the steps
      for creating a new template. For Step #3, click Insert|File and insert
      the already existing document into the template form. Add prompts and
      click Create to save. Personal Information is inserted into each of the
      predesigned templates. The first template opened in WordPerfect will
      require that you fill-in this information. It can be changed at
      Page June 7 96 any time. File|Templates|Open|click the Personal Info
      button at the bottom of the dialog box. Change or update your
      information and click OK. When using any of the Business Forms
      templates, table calculation is required. Enter data into the
      appropriate fields that require numerical values. To calculate each
      total, click on the calculator button found on the Table|Math
      Toolbar. The template will calculate all totals for you. Each time you
      enter new values, or change existing values, click the calculator to
      update each formula. Templates are a great way to use the same form
      document continuously. Take a look at the many templates that ship with
      WPMac and venture out to create your own. Page June 8 96 by John
      Rethorst USING MACROS FOR MEDICAL DESCRIPTION, DIAGNOSIS AND TREATMENT:
      A CASE STUDY OF AUTOMATING DATA ENTRY We’ll be looking at ever more
      exotic and powerful macro commands and structures as we go along, but
      I’d like to include not only more commands, but more applications for
      those commands: case studies, real-world solutions that might be what
      you’re looking for or, more importantly, that can give you the
      inspiration and the means to create, on your own, what you’re looking
      for. I received email recently from Dr. T., a dermatologist at Johns
      Hopkins University Hospital. He described the time-consuming method a
      physician uses to enter symptom Page June 9 96 description, diagnosis
      and treatment plans on a patient’s chart, writing the information
      longhand. Additionally, gathering quantitative data is an expensive
      part of research, manually transcribing and tabulating each field from
      each chart onto worksheets for statistical analysis. A medical software
      supplier had offered a solution in the form of a FileMaker template –
      for $3000. Was there a better way? Certainly. Let’s design one. What
      the physician needs to do is go to a Mac in the examination room and
      open a template for the patient’s condition. She would then click on
      buttons that opened short dialogs for text and number entry – for the
      patient’s name and age – and buttons that post menus where options,
      such as gender, localization of the dermatological affliction, and
      treatment, are limited in number. By clicking on buttons, making menu
      choices and, where necessary, entering text, the physician can complete
      a computer-generated chart for the patient quickly and accurately. By
      virtue of its structure and because it’s on disk, researchers can later
      pick data out of several hundred charts at a time. The ‘buttons’ I’ll
      use will be WP 3.5’s hyperlinks, where a word can be linked to a
      bookmark, to a URL on the Web, or to a macro. Our links will run
      macros. If you’re using Page June 10 96 WP 3.0x or 3.1, you can
      approximate this effect using buttons on the Button Bar that link to
      the same macros. As a dermatologist, Dr. T. treats many patients for
      acne. As the attending physician, he would examine a patient, then turn
      to a Mac running WordPerfect and, from the Template submenu on the File
      menu, choose a template we might simply call “Acne.” A new, untitled
      document then opens with the contents of that template. Here we go. The
      first paragraph would read like the following. The underlined words are
      links, so they’d appear in blue in the actual document: Name is a age
      year old race gender who consults for the presence of lesions localized
      primarily on the localization which have been present for approximately
      time, and treated in the past with treatment. Define a link by
      selecting the word or words, and choose Create Hyperlink from the
      BookMark menu. Link to a macro in the resulting dialog box, shown in
      figure 1. Oops, we Page June 11 96 haven’t written the macros yet. OK,
      let’s do that. Figure 1: the Create Hyperlink dialog “Name” will of
      course need a dialog to enter text, so we’d have something like: Get
      Text (Var01;"Patient Name";"Enter patient’s name:") Page June 12 96
      followed by some code to replace the link with the name: Word Left
      (Select) Type Var (Var01) How did I know that “Word Left (Select)”
      would select the linked word and link codes, so that typing the
      variable would replace them? I didn’t, so I fiddled around and tested
      things. Entry for age could be done with Get Text as well, since the
      number is, in this case, essentially text. Get Integer is a better
      choice, though, since the command lets you check against limits, with
      the syntax: Get Integer (Variable;Lower Limit;Upper Limit;Title;Prompt)
      so that if the user enters an age greater than, say, 125, the macro
      will post an alert advising that the number is too high. For this use,
      though, I’d be more inclined to put the command’s lower limit at 0 and
      the upper limit at 32767 (the highest number a variable can hold) and
      check for accuracy with code that will ask about a high number, but
      allow it: Page June 13 96 Label (age) Get Integer
      (Var02;0;32767;"Age";"Enter Patient’s Age:") If (Var02>125) Confirm
      (Var03;Caution;YesNoCancel;Var02$" seems high. Are you sure?") If
      (!Var03) Go (age) End If End If to get figure 2, if the age entered
      were 126: Figure 2: checking for accuracy and I’ve tossed a couple of
      shortcuts in there. Remember when we learned the Confirm Page June
      14 96 command, we followed it with a Case command, leading to different
      labels. We could have that here, with: Case (Var03;{1;Yes;0;No};) but
      why bother? If the user clicks Yes, we want macro execution to proceed
      to the next step. If Cancel, we want the macro to stop, which the
      Confirm command does anyway. Only if the user clicks No, thus giving
      Var03 a value of 0, do we want to repeat the Age entry. So we can use a
      simple If statement, looking for that value of 0. That could be: If
      (Var03=0) but the exclamation point – the negation operator – is
      shorthand for the same thing. You can use this syntax with any
      variable, so that: If (!DocumentModifyFlag) is true if the document
      does not have unsaved changes. Page June 15 96 Another, small but
      elegant, touch: the prompt, “Enter Patient’s Age,” is entered in
      straight quotes – required in the macro editor – but the apostrophe
      within the prompt is curly, entered with Option-Right Bracket. Dialogs
      look better with curly apostrophes or quotes, as does anything else.
      For quotes which are part of the command syntax, the macro editor lets
      you enter either single or double quotes, so that use of the other
      within the piece of text doesn’t confuse things. So: Alert ('Say
      "Sneeze."') uses single quotes to define the alphanumeric expression
      forming the entire alert, with double quotes within the text. Useful
      if, for some reason, you want straight quotes to be part of the dialog.
      Back to business. The largest part of data entry in the chart won’t be
      typed names and numbers but menu choices, for all data where options
      are limited. The next links, race and gender, thus go to menus, as does
      localization: Page June 16 96 Menu (Var06;"Localization";{"Face";"Face
      and Back";"Back";"Chest"}) Word Left (Select) Case
      (Var01;{1;face;2;faceBack;3;back;4;chest};cancel) Label (cancel) End
      Macro Label (face) Type (face) End Macro Label (faceBack) Type (face
      and back) End Macro Label (back) Type (back) End Macro Label (chest)
      Type (chest) to put this data into the chart. Page June 17 96 The Type
      command is limited to 255 characters. If the text you want to enter has
      more than that, just use the Type command again. More complexity: menus
      calling menus For much of the medical data, a simple menu would either
      not offer enough choices, or be too long and unwieldy. The command
      length in the macro editor is 512 bytes, so a menu with numerous
      choices might run out of room, as well as being a nuisance to work
      with. So we can have a macro with menus going to labels which run other
      macros, using the Run command: Run ("Retin A") The “Treatment” menu
      could then appear as: Page June 18 96 Figure 3: the first treatment
      menu where option C will produce this menu: Figure 4: and a subsequent
      menu Page June 19 96 and each choice in figure 4 would type “Retin A”
      plus the data shown. Note that in the first menu, “Retin A” has an
      ellipsis after it. This is a Mac standard interface guideline to tell
      the user that she has more decisions to make. With enough menus
      branching to menus, any degree of complexity in data entry can be
      achieved. What we have at this point is an entry system that replaces
      the links in the sample paragraph with data of the appropriate type.
      While the resulting text paragraph would be optimal for some uses, I’d
      now like to look at the advantages of a table over paragraphs of text –
      especially for later data collection. Using tables Tables are wonderful
      things. As discussed in my book, they’re great for flexibility in
      formatting and page layout, even in places where you’d never think of
      using a table. And, if you set the borders not to print, your readers
      won’t ever know that you’ve used a table, thinking instead that you did
      formatting in some other, more laborious way. Page June 20 96 Another
      advantage to tables is specific to macros: your macro can locate a
      particular piece of data in a table much more easily than anywhere
      else. This will be critical in the later step of quantitative data
      collection, where a macro will open 500 charts automatically, get e.g.
      the age and treatment for each patient, and list this data in another
      file, ready for statistical analysis and graphing. To work within a
      table, we’ll use the Position to Cell command, as in: Position to Cell
      (TableID;Column;Row) where TableID is a read-only variable containing
      the number of that table in the current document. We sometimes don’t
      care to count which table we’re in, so we can use the variable by name
      in the command, such as: Position to Cell (TableID;2;3) to go to the
      second column, third row in the current table. What we would want to do
      is then put the links in the left column and drop the data in Page June
      21 96 the right column, as in: Figure 5: putting a patient’s chart in a
      table and here I ran into a problem. With the current program version,
      I was unable to create a link in a table cell: everything following in
      the table became part of the link. Not to worry, I found that I could
      create the link elsewhere, cut and paste it into the table cell, and
      everything’s fine. Selecting the linked word to cut and paste required
      using the codes window, though. Simply double-clicking on the linked
      word selected the text but not the link codes. So I Page June 22 96
      opened the codes window and used Shift-Right Arrow or Shift-Left Arrow,
      to get this: Figure 6: selecting the link codes at which point I chose
      Cut. In order to work in the table, the “Name” macro would lose the
      line “Word Left (Select)” and get a Position to Cell line specifying
      “TableID;2; 1” and we’re set. Another advantage of dropping the data in
      a table cell arises with data such as past treatment, where a patient
      might have been treated with both Tetracycline and Retin A. Rather than
      having exhaustive menu choices for multiple treatments, the physician
      could click the Treatment link once and enter the first drug, then
      click a second time. The table cells expand to contain all the data.
      Page June 23 96 Getting the data back The subsequent macros, to
      retrieve data from many charts and list it for analysis, would use a
      method similar to the one I discussed in March, to globally find and
      change text in all files in a folder. This time, the macro would open
      each file in turn, position to cell whatever, copy, cycle windows to
      your data collection document, find the next cell in a table there, and
      paste. Finding the next cell is easy: increment a variable and use that
      for the table row, as: Assign (GlobalVar01;GlobalVar01+1) Position to
      Cell (TableID;2;GlobalVar01) using a global so you could run the macro
      several times in one session and not lose count of where you were in
      your data collection table. Page June 24 96 Document Variables Another
      step in convenience here is, instead of using a global variable, using
      a document variable. These are just like other variables, but are
      document-specific, and are saved with the document. There are ten of
      them, DocVar0 through DocVar9. You could then keep track of what cells
      in the data collection table had been filled, automatically, across
      multiple sessions of WP. As a caution, when I write to a document
      variable, I make some other minor change in the document as well –
      adding a space at the end, say – since, depending on the program
      version, changing only a document variable might not trip the document
      modify flag, and the variable’s new value then won’t be saved. Putting
      menu choices up front At this point we have what Humphrey Bogart might
      have called the beginning of a beautiful data entry system. Let’s add
      one modification which will serve two purposes: make it much easier for
      a non-macro-literate associate to revise the system for another
      Page June 25 96 medical condition, and solve the problem that might
      arise if a menu gets too lengthy. Remember, the command length in WP
      macros is 512 bytes, and a menu can easily get longer than that. This
      modification is putting values in local variables first, followed by
      menus and commands that address those variables. For example, a menu
      like: Menu (Var00;"Choose a Snack";{"Apple";"Banana";"Coconut"}) could
      be done as well with: Assign (Var01;"Choose a Snack") Assign
      (Var02;"Apple") Assign (Var03;"Banana") Assign (Var04;"Coconut") Assign
      (Var05;"") ; Menu (Var00;Var01;{Var02;Var03;Var04;Var05}) Page June
      26 96 so that the menu command itself won’t get too long. I added an
      empty variable, Var05, to show that you don’t need to fill up all the
      variables: run this macro, and you’ll see that only three choices
      appear on the menu. The meta-template macros could use all 50 local
      variables, and your associate could drop text into as many of them as
      necessary. She wouldn’t need to dig into the script, since variable
      assignment will be right at the top. If you remember how daunting macro
      code might have looked to you when you started, you know how
      appreciative your associate will be. And there we go! I think this
      month’s column might be especially useful, as you can write these menus
      and text entry commands for a wide range of data entry purposes, use
      edits to check accuracy, and achieve a consistency of terminology
      that’s most helpful. My thanks to Dr. T. for this great idea. Or, you
      might find another topic more useful. Let me know, at jcr2@...,
      what projects you have that you suspect might be assisted with macros.
      John Rethorst, author of Teach Yourself WordPerfect, thinks that a “Big
      Mac” should, in all fairness, contain several hundred lines of code.
      Contents Copyright © 1996 by John Rethorst. Used by permission.
      Page June 27 96 Duplicate and Small Caps-by John Rethorst Keystrokes
      get to be habits. I like small caps, and used to access them with
      Command–D when I used (cough) Word. In WP's draw mode, though, which I
      use less often than the document editor, Cmd-D is easy to remember for
      Duplicate. Can we have one keystroke for both? Sure. Assign it to this
      macro: If (InDrawFlag) Duplicate Else If (SmallCapsFlag) Attribute
      (Off;Small Caps) Else Attribute (On;Small Caps) Page June 28 96 End If
      End If Using, for example, InTableFlag, you can have a keystroke that
      does one thing if you're in a table, and another thing if you aren't.
      This could be useful with a lot of R/O variables. Drop Cap-WordPerfect
      3.1 and 3.5 his is one of our more popular and asked about macros. This
      drop cap comes with a border T which can be customized along with the
      drop cap letter. Tools|Macro|Drop Cap. If the macro is not available,
      it needs to be copied into the Librarian from: Document Experts|Sample
      Macros Readme if using version 3.1, or WordPerfect
      3.5|Documentation|Sample Macros Readme if using version 3.5. Page June
      29 96 The macro will use the letter preceding the cursor as the drop
      cap. This means, you may type a single letter and then run the macro,
      or simply place your cursor after any existing letter in your document
      and run the macro. The drop cap is placed inside a text box. Double
      click on top of the box and highlight the drop cap letter. Edit the
      font and size (default is Palatino, size 36 ) or change the letter.
      Click once outside the box when finished. To change the border, click
      once on top of the box to select it. Notice the added frame with black
      squares on the right, bottom, and bottom right corner, these can be
      used to size the box. Click Tools|Text Box|Frame. Click the Type button
      to select your frame option. Click once outside the box when
      finished. Page June 30 96 We welcome your comments, feedback, tips &
      tricks, and questions you would like to see answered in the News at
      wpmacnews@... (technical support questions will not be answered
      here).You can send any technical support questions to
      wpsupport@.... Allow a 3-4 day turnaround. If you need live phone
      support for a WordPerfect for Macintosh product, reach us at (801)
      765-4020, Priority : $25 fee (800) 861-2070, $2 per minute (900)
      555-3535. I would like to change the spacing between endnotes. The
      default setting has a blank line between each note. I don’t want any
      blank space. How do I change this? This change needs to be made in the
      Endnotes style. Click Layout|Endnotes|Style. Set the Space Between
      Paragraphs to -.1. This setting will close up the gap between each
      endnote. (The Space Between Paragraphs button is located on the
      Layout Toolbar. Select Other and then manually type in the -.1
      setting.) Page June 31 96 Is it possible to set up a merge that would
      allow me to pause and type text into a document at various places? Yes.
      You want to create a keyboard merge. You need only to create a form
      file and not a data file. Insert a <Keyboard> command at any point in
      the document you would like to pause the merge and type in text. This
      command can be inserted by clicking on the button found on the Merge
      Toolbar. When merging this document, select it as your form file and
      click on the No File button when the merge asks for a data file. Your
      cursor will stop at the first keyboard command it finds. Add any text
      and press the F12 key (use the keystroke, Shift–Option–Return if you do
      not have an extended keyboard) to continue the merge to the next
      keyboard command. Page June 32 96 How can I delete a document? Two
      options for this one: • While working in WordPerfect, click File|Open.
      Click once and highlight the document you want to delete. Click on the
      File menu found at the top left of this Open dialog. Choose Delete.
      • From the Finder, drag the document icon into the trash. Page June
      33 96 To temporarily change the direction of your search while in the
      Find/Change dialog, hold down the Shift key and click Find. For
      example, if you are searching forward and pass what you are looking
      for, hold down the Shift key and click Find to search backwards for the
      item. The opposite is true if you are searching backwards through your
      document. Changing your text color is easy. If you have access to a
      color printer or just want to change bits of text on screen, color is
      just a few clicks away. Select your text (your entire document or just
      a group of words). Click on the Style menu|Other. Click once and hold
      your mouse button down on the solid Color box in the center of this
      dialog. Pick a color and click OK. Page June 34 96 Ampersands will
      display with an added semicolon in HTML format documents that are
      opened into WordPerfect 3.5. The HTML Import filter reads an ampersand
      as the beginning of code and not as an individual character. To avoid
      this, use the source code, & anywhere an ampersand occurs. For
      example: HTML Export HTML Import Corel & WordPerfect Corel &
      WordPerfect Black & White Black & White Let the Status Bar be your
      guide. This gray bar found at the bottom of your screen can offer lots
      of help. By placing your mouse pointer over (without clicking) any
      button on screen, the Status Bar will let you know the button’s
      function. You can edit this bar to display a variety of options from
      the pop-up menu. Page June 35 96 Check out the Conflict Compendium
      at: http://www.islandnet.com/~quill/c3data.html. This is the on-line
      database of Mac software incompatibilities. We will be adding any known
      incompatibilities with WordPerfect sometime in June. Make sure your
      timed backup is set to a number less than your Sleep time on a
      Powerbook or Portable. WordPerfect defaults to 15 minutes and the Sleep
      time usually defaults to 5 minutes. Page June 36 96 Every time I launch
      WordPerfect, either from a document or the application icon, it locks.
      I can see the splash screen, but that’s as far as it will go. A couple
      of troubleshooting steps to try for this one: • Trash the Preferences
      file. System Folder|Preferences|WordPerfect. Place the file,
      Preferences (USA), into the trash. Try and launch WordPerfect. The
      Preferences file is automatically rebuilt on launch. • Boot with
      Extensions off. Hold down the Shift key and restart your computer. Try
      and launch WordPerfect. If successful, find the conflicting extension
      and disable it. (See Feature Highlight, April 1996 WPMac News, for the
      steps on how to test for an extension conflict.) Page June 37 96 • Test
      for a damaged font. Remove the Fonts folder from the System Folder
      (simply drag it onto the desktop). Restart your computer. Try and
      launch WordPerfect. If successful, find the damaged font (similar to
      testing for an extension conflict) and trash it. How can I assign a
      macro to a button on my Button Bar? 1. Select Edit from the Button Bar
      pull-down menu (located at the beginning of your Button Bar as an
      upside down triangle). 2. Check that you have available room on your
      bar for this new button. If space is not available, go ahead and delete
      those buttons you don’t use to make some room. 3. Select Custom from
      the Show menu. Page June 38 96 4. Click once on Macros. 5. Double click
      on any of the available buttons (you can not create your own button,
      you must choose from this selection). 6. An Assign Macro dialog will
      allow you to select the macro to be assigned to this button.Once you
      click on OK, the button will automatically be added to your Button Bar.
      Page June 39 96 Check out the new Corel WordPerfect site! The new
      central home page for Corel WordPerfect is www.corel.com. Check out all
      the exciting stuff for both the WordPerfect and Corel products. From
      the central home page, click on Visitors Center and then WPMac News to
      reach our News home page. A link for Current Issue and Back Issues can
      be found on the left-hand side frame. Set your bookmark to
      www.corel.com/wpmacnews/issues/current and launch directly to the
      current WPMac News each month. Where you can find us:
      www.corel.com/wpmacnews America Online. Keyword wordperfect in the Help
      and Info Files section of the Software Library. CompuServe. Go WPMAC
      and check the General Information Library. Page June 40 96 We want to
      hear from you! Give us your comments and take the opportunity to write
      an article, macro, or tip and trick for the News. Submit all entries
      to: wpmacnews@.... Each entry is not guaranteed to be published
      in the News, but we will definitely work with you and do our best to
      make sure you achieve your WPMac News debut. WRITE FOR US AND SEE YOUR
      NAME IN LIGHTS Want to select a free CD from a stash of Corel
      WordPerfect CDs (selection may vary)? The only requirement for this
      free CD is to have your article published as the Cover Story in WPMac
      News. We are giving you the opportunity to write for us. We will select
      those articles that are informative, easy-to-read, and cover any of the
      features found in WordPerfect for the Macintosh. It’s as easy as this:
      • Pick a feature, or group of similar features, from WPMac. • Write an
      informative feature article. (Review some of the Feature Highlights
      from our Back Issues for helpful hints and guidelines). • Submit a copy
      of the article to: wpmacnews@.... Subject should be Cover Story.
      Please leave your name, address, phone, and email. Page June 41 96 • We
      will respond as soon as possible. No guarantees that your article will
      be published in the News (don’t worry, we will help as much as
      possible). • We will let you know if your article has been accepted as
      a Cover Story for the News and what month it will be featured. • Any
      questions, please send to: wpmacnews@... • We reserve the right
      to edit any part (content, format, etc.) of your article. LET OUR
      READERS SEE THOSE MACROS If writing is not your thing, but macros
      are...this is for you. We want to see what macros you have written to
      help with your work in WPMac. Submit any macro written in WordPerfect
      for Macintosh to wpmacnews@... (be sure you provide your name,
      address, phone, and email). Again, no guarantees that your macro will
      appear in the News. But, if we love your macro and think our readers
      will to, you will receive a free, snazzy WPMac mug. SUBMIT YOUR TIPS &
      TRICKS What is your favorite WPMac tip or trick? No free stuff given
      away for this one, but we will publish your name along side your entry
      in the News. Submit to wpmacnews@.... Include name, phone, and
      email. Page June 42 96 GIVE US THE SCOOP What features or questions
      would you like to see covered in the News? We want to make sure that we
      provide you the best information possible. Let us know if there is
      anything we can cover in the News that will make your life and work
      much simpler. WE AIM TO PLEASE Let us know if you like the News and if
      you have any suggestions for improvement. In case it hasn’t been
      mentioned enough, send your comments to wpmacnews@....