WP Mac News 95/06

  • jrethorst@post.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 7, 2004
      June 1995 Issue 6 Editor’s Corner . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
      . . . . . . 1 Credits Editing & Layout Daniel Midgley WWW
      Adaptation David Moulton Contributors Tyler Thompson Brian Rasmussen
      Michael McRaney Artwork Edward “Bam” Lopez HyperText Linkage Cliff
      Nielsen Order from Chaos Lisa Foster Don Fowles Infallibility Raquel
      Carter Hans Rasmussen Authority Figure Dave Nielsen Moral
      Support Winnie Miller Carla Merrill, Steve LeMmon, David Sessions, Gene
      Bowley, Ken Freeman MacMail . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
      . . . . . . . . 2 Tips and Tricks . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
      . . . . . . 3 Mastering Macros . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
      . . 5 Macros of the Month . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 9
      Feature Highlight . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 10
      Frequently Asked Questions . . . . . . . . . . . . . 13 Your Turn . . .
      . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 14 Click on a
      button to go to that section. The WordPerfect Mac News is published
      monthly. Find us at: • ftp.wordperfect.com • BBS (801) 225-4414 •
      CompuServe: Go wordperfect and check the Mac Software Library. • AOL:
      Keyword wordperfect in the Help and Info Files section of the Software
      Library. • WWW: http://www.novell.com:80/ServSupp/mac/macnews/index.htm
      irst off, a hearty “Thank You” to the folks at MacUser for the great
      piece they did on (mostly) WordPerfect macros (Perfecting Your Word
      Processor, June 1995, p. 106). Check it out. Even I, a WP Macro Adept
      level 3, learned a thing or two. Secondly, congratulations to those
      sharp-eyed readers who found the Hidden Contest for May. You either had
      to magnify the teeny-tiny text in the columns FAQ (for the Envoy
      version), or click on the pen link at end of the FAQ column (on the
      Web) to find the contest. Then you had to submit your own best Tip or
      Trick to us. The following five brave souls are the winners, and their
      winning Tips appear in the Tips and Tricks article. For their efforts,
      they have won a nifty Mac mug (pictured here), and the right to do the
      Gloating Dance in front of their less-observant friends. • Dana Garvey
      • Ted Lindberg • Mark Van Wye • Peter Weil • Tom Witte (The mug’s in
      the mail.) Watch for more hilarious hijinx in future issues. —Daniel
      page 1 WordPerfect Mac News June 1995 have all four issues. It’s
      wonderful. I love your use of Envoy graphics. Keep up the great work.
      Please add my name to your list for an e-mail delivered version. I am a
      new WP user and wish I had discovered it long ago. My old, slow Word is
      in the trash. Thank you. —Jim Barrow Thanks for writing, Jim. There’s
      no e-mail list yet, but we’ll keep you posted. • Why no May issue of
      the WP-Mac newsletter? I was hoping to see something about the upcoming
      features that will be included in WP 3.5, or maybe 4.0? What gives?
      —jason l. Buberel (via WWW) We’ve moved everything, and you’re looking
      in the old, disused area. You can find us now at
      http://www.novell.com:80/ServSupp/mac/macnews/index.htm And as far as
      the new version goes, we’ll be dropping you the latest in the July
      issue. Watch for it soon. Real soon. Like mid-to-late June. • My best
      tip to WP Mac users is to always read John Rethorst's posts in the
      comp.sys.mac.apps newsgroup. Thanks John! -Jay Bourland Great tip, Jay!
      But unfortunately not a contest winner. Check Tips and Tricks for the
      June Hidden Contest results. • Subscribe Joe Schmoe E-mail messages
      like this come occasionally, and at first we were puzzled. We didn’t
      know if we were picking up transmissions from Mars or what. Then we
      realized— people want to subscribe to the News so much that they’ll
      indiscriminately send “subscribe” messages just hoping. We’ll tell you
      when we have the subscription service ready. Really. (Names have been
      changed to protect the parties involved.) • I recently saw an
      announcement for a new WWW site for WordPerfect for Macs. Is there a
      similar site for PC WordPerfect users? —Becky Skidmore, Librarian,
      Petawawa National Forestry Institute We haven’t heard of anything like
      the News on a Web site from the DOS or Windows world. Novell’s Web Site
      does have general info about WordPerfect for DOS and Windows, however.
      The URL is: http://www.novell.com:80 You can reach us by e-mail at
      macmail@..., or by fax at (801) 222-1990. The mailing
      address is on the back page. We welcome your comments, feedback, tips &
      tricks, and questions. Please note, however, that due to the sheer
      volume of mail we receive, you may not get a personal reply. If you
      need support for a WordPerfect product, use the support number in your
      User's Guide. page 2 WordPerfect Mac News June 1995 e submitted all of
      the Contest Tips to the Omniscient Beings in WordPerfect Mac Support,
      and here are the ones they thought were best. But there were so many
      other good ones we couldn’t include. So if your tip isn’t here, fret
      not. We may do other things like this in future issues. Watch for your
      chance to win! from Mark Van Wye When I would normally cut and paste
      between two documents, I now open both documents, then click on the
      window icon ( ) on the top right of the title bar and choose “Tile
      Windows,” and use the keen drag-and-drop features to export text to and
      from my documents. from Ted Lindberg Here's a tip that has helped me
      save some time. In the Preferences list for the keyboard, there are key
      commands for the ruler bars. They are Command-Option and F, L, J, M, R,
      S or T for the Font, Layout, List, Merge, Ruler, Styles, and Tables
      bars respectively. Using these keyboard commands can save some time.
      Command-Option-B also toggles the button bar on and off. from Tom Witte
      Use WP and its Macro function to clean up text imported from AOL logs,
      other BBS or failed text translations. A simple but effective trick to
      remove that forced carriage returns at the end of each line and get
      word wraps flowing again is to make a macro that: - Substitutes an
      unused character like ‘Ñ’ (keystroke: option-N and then Shift-N) for
      every event of two consecutive Hard Returns. - Then delete all
      remaining Hard Returns (removing the PC hard return at the end of each
      line) - Then replace ‘Ñ’ with two Hard Returns (putting paragraph back
      in). If this fails to fix your document - close the document without
      saving it. Then open it again and use Show Codes to see what is
      what/figure out which codes to delete. The style functions of
      Upper/Lower case and Initial Caps have fixed many a text file for me.
      Especially when you need to copy something someone posted in all caps.
      page 3 WordPerfect Mac News June 1995 from Peter Weil A more
      “specialized” tip for people who occasionally want to enter straight
      quotes in an otherwise “smart quotes” document. This is indispensable
      for those who need to write Russian in English (Latin) transliteration,
      because transliterated Russian uses the straight single and double
      quotes characters to represent the Russian soft and hard signs. I
      created two little simple macros, and assigned easy to remember
      keyboard commands for each: Command-Quote (Soft Sign/Straight Quote)
      and Command ShiftQuote (Hard Sign/Straight Double Quotes). Now you can
      type in these characters without interrupting your work. 1) "Soft Sign"
      (Straight Quote): Smart Quotes (Off) Type (') Smart Quotes (On) 2)
      "Hard Sign" (Straight Double Quotes): Smart Quotes (Off) Type (") Smart
      Quotes (On) [These macros are great for when you need to use quotes to
      signify inches (") and feet (') —places where “smart quotes” are
      incorrect. —Ed.) from Dana Garvey I wanted WordPerfect to use my entire
      screen and display fonts that wouldn't strain my eyes, so I created a
      macro (I call it Zoom) that automatically adjusts my magnification
      (document view size) and window size. Here's what to do if you'd like
      to try this: Size Window ("untitled";825;531) Magnification (135.0)
      First, open a new document and display the Layout bar. Then, record a
      macro (Zoom) as you resize the document window to your favorite size
      and set your document view size on the Layout bar (I use 135%). The
      resulting macro should look something like this: Size Window
      ("*";825;531) Magnification (135.0) Before saving the macro, replace
      the word "untitled" with an asterisk so that your macro looks like
      this: Using this macro, you can now instantly display any document
      exactly the way you want it! If you want all of your new documents to
      be displayed your way, open a new document and use the Librarian in
      Preferences to copy the Zoom macro from your library to the "untitled"
      document. Then rename the Zoom macro in "untitled" to OnOpenDocument
      and then save the "untitled" document as "New Document Stationery" in
      your Stationery folder. Finally, if you want even your old documents
      (and new documents created using other Stationery files) to be "Zoomed"
      when you open them, place the same OnOpenDocument macro in your
      library. page 4 WordPerfect Mac News June 1995 by John Rethorst No.
      5:Read-Write Variables and Flow Commands ast time we learned how to use
      a read-write variable to take a number the user gives us, and issue a
      program command with that variable, or compare the value of the
      variable to another variable. In one example last month, we compared
      the value of Var01 (read-write variable no. 1) with the value of a
      read-only variable, PhysicalPage. This time let’s compare the value of
      two read-write variables. You’ll enjoy the structure of this, and it’s
      a good first glimpse into the power you get by having variables work
      together. We’ll also learn how to write a repeat loop – macro commands
      that repeat, or loop back to the beginning and run again, a certain
      number of times. Writing a repeat loop For a simple example of a repeat
      loop, try this. Note that there’s a space after the period in the
      second line: Repeat Type (I will not write macros in class. ) Until
      (PhysicalPage>1) When you enter this in the macro editor, the line that
      repeats will indent automatically, and commands and variables will be
      bolded. Try this in a new, empty document. Note that the test in the
      third line is much the same as the test in the Enough Pages? macro.
      Planning the script Now, for a more useful command to script, consider
      that WordPerfect lets you write some words, and then count them. What
      if, though, you wanted to go the other way and select a given number of
      words? You had a list of 500 chemicals, say, and wanted to select just
      the first 75 to copy and paste into another file? Before starting to
      code, let’s put together a rough plan of what we need to do. Basically,
      that is: 1. Get a number from the user. 2. Start selecting words,
      counting as we go. 3. Stop when we’ve selected the number of words the
      user wants. We’ll do the first step with a Get Integer command, just
      like both examples last month. We’ll set the limits of the Get Integer
      command to check from 1 to 32,767 (which happens to be the largest
      number a variable can hold). page 5 WordPerfect Mac News June 1995 To
      select words, we’ll use a navigational command, specifying selection.
      This is similar to the “Enough Pages?” macro, where we went to the end
      of the document with the command End () which took us to the end
      without selecting anything. If the command were End (Select),
      everything from the insertion point to the end of the file would be
      selected. The navigational command for what we want to do this time is
      Word Right (Select). Now the fun part. We’ll put the number of words
      the user wants to select in Var01. We have the Word Right command,
      which we’ll put in a repeat loop. How do we tell the macro when to
      stop? By adding a line to the repeat loop that counts the number of
      times it’s repeated. Then we test whether it’s repeated the number of
      times the user wants. Here’s the script: Get Integer
      (Var01;1;32767;"Select Words";"Enter number of words to select:")
      Repeat Word Right (Select) Assign (Var02;Var02+1) Until (Var01=Var02)
      which gets the integer, starts the repeat loop, selects successive
      words starting at the insertion point and going right and, using the
      Assign command, increments Var02 by 1 each time around, so that Var02
      will contain the number of words already selected. When that number
      equals the number the user wanted, the macro stops. Voilà. Adding some
      polish We can make this go much faster, a real benefit when selecting a
      large number of words, by beginning the macro with the line: Display
      (off) which turns off display while the macro runs, so it can select
      and count words without taking the extra time to update the screen
      while doing so. End the macro with: Display (on) Try this. There’s
      quite a difference. Variations This is fine to select a quantity of
      words. What, you say that what you really need is to select a given
      number of lines? No problem. Just open the script, Save As under
      another name, say “Select Lines,” and replace Word Right (Select) with
      Down (Select). Quick and easy. What happens if what you wanted to
      select were groups of lines, such as addresses? You might have a list
      of 200 names and addresses, and want to select the first 60 – or the 60
      immediately following the insertion point. Let’s talk strategy here. We
      have to figure out how to tell the macro what counts as an address.
      Words and lines were easy, since WordPerfect knows what those are. We
      couldn’t just write something like “Address Down (Select),” though. How
      can we have the macro detect an address? page 6 WordPerfect Mac
      News June 1995 Consider that nearly all lists of addresses have a name
      on the first line, street and number on the second, and city/state/zip
      on the third, and maybe phone number on the fourth – or something like
      that, with a single hard return for each line. Then, to separate one
      entry from the next, there are two hard returns. That’s our key, right
      there. Two hard returns. Rather than figure out how to look for two
      hard returns in succession, let’s have WP do some of the work for us.
      You know that you’d search for double hard returns in a regular
      document using Find/Change. The last menu in that dialog box, Insert,
      lets you find tabs, hard returns, etc. or any combination. Let’s record
      that part of our macro, to replace Down (Select). Recording part of a
      script This is much like what we did in lesson one, only in reverse.
      Then, we recorded a change in font and size, and edited those values.
      This time, we’ll put the insertion point at the appropriate place in
      the script, switch out of the macro editor, call the Find command, set
      its menus, and click Find. WordPerfect will record this as we go, and
      we can then go back into the macro editor and clean up a little. Ready?
      Follow these steps: 1. In the macro editor, click to put your
      insertion point at the start of the line Down (Select). 2. Click in
      the document behind the macro editor, to bring the document to the
      front, or do the equivalent using the Window menu. 3. Call the
      Find/Change command from the Edit menu. Set the Direction menu to
      Forward, the Where menu to Document Only, the Action menu to Extend
      Selection and, from the Insert menu, choose Hard Return twice, to put
      those codes in the Find box. Click Find. It doesn’t matter if the
      command finds anything at this point. Close the Find dialog. 4. Switch
      back into the macro editor. You should see these lines, in the middle
      of the script you wrote: Find/Change Direction (Forward;No Wrap)
      Find/Change Where ({Current Doc}) Find/Change Match (Partial Word;Case
      Insensitive;Alphabet Insensitive;CharRep Insensitive;{Text Only})
      Find/Change Action (Extend Selection) Find String ("[Language:English
      (USA)][Font:Geneva][Size:12][Hard Return][Hard Return]") Find Abort
      When Not Found and we need to edit this a little: 5. Change the line
      that starts with Find String so that it reads: Find String ("[Hard
      Return][Hard Return]") so as to delete the specifications of language,
      font and size. page 7 WordPerfect Mac News June 1995 6. The line Down
      (Select) will still be in the script. Delete that as well, and delete
      any blank lines that the recording may have added. The macro editor
      likes to put semicolons at the start of blank lines, for reasons we’ll
      get to. For now, go ahead and delete those semicolons as well. 7. Save
      As with a new name, say “Select Groups” and check out your latest
      macro. And that’s it! You now have macros that select a given number of
      words, lines, and groups of lines. This last one would be useful for
      paragraphs as well as addresses, if you put double hard returns between
      paragraphs. More importantly, you’re learning how to structure things.
      Repeat loops and other, similar flow commands are used all over the
      place in macros. As well, you know when to script and when to record.
      We’ll be moving faster in future columns, now that you have this grasp
      of the basics. See you next month. * * * John Rethorst, author of
      Teach Yourself WordPerfect 3 for the Mac, will probably have an epitaph
      written in macro script. The contents of this article are copyright ©
      1995 John Rethorst. All rights reserved. Used with permission. page 8
      WordPerfect Mac News June 1995 Fractions by Daniel Midgley his macro
      will help you put fractions into your WordPerfect documents, such as 1
      / 2 , 7 / 8 , and even 328 / 6754 . These characters are missing from
      the standard Mac font character set. You can run this macro two
      different ways. 1. Run the macro, and the menu at right will appear.
      You can then choose any of the standard fractions, or choose “Custom
      Fraction” to create fractions that aren’t on the list. You can also
      choose “Help” to get a brief explanation of how to use the macro.
      2. Before you run the macro, you can type your fractions in the form of
      numbers separated by an ordinary slash, like this: 1/2. Then highlight
      the fraction, and run the macro. The macro will convert it to a
      better-looking fraction. Be sure to select only the numbers and the
      slash, not letters or spaces. Note: This macro uses a special slash
      character that may not be present in all fonts. If you run the macro
      and get something like , the character may be missing. Check the Read
      Me for more info. Gradient by Brian Rasmussen The Gradient macro
      creates versatile, high quality images with gradients from one color to
      another. This graphic was created by making a blue-to-green gradient
      using the Gradient macro. The graphic was then tilted in WordPerfect’s
      graphic layer, and white text was placed over the top. The font is
      Sanvito from Adobe. To use the macro, simply select the Gradient macro
      from the Tools/Macros pull down menu. A small color grid will appear on
      your screen. All gradient images use at least two colors. Select the
      color that you want on the top of your gradient box and press “Return.”
      You then need to select the second color you want for your gradient
      box. Then press “Return” again. The next box will prompt you for a
      number between 1 and 300. This number corresponds to the quality and
      size of your gradient box. The higher the number, the more segments you
      will have in your gradient. The final figure will also be larger. Note:
      The Gradient figures created with this macro will look best when your
      monitor is set to “thousands” or “millions of colors.” page 9
      WordPerfect Mac News June 1995 Tables by Tyler Thompson aking a Table
      There are two ways to make a table: 1. You can pull down the Table menu
      and choose New. A dialog box will ask you to specify the number of
      columns and rows. You can choose a maximum of 32 columns and 32,767
      rows (about 1,000 pages). 2. Or, you can press the Table button on
      the Layout bar. When you press this button, you'll see a grid that
      looks like the menu at left. Drag the mouse pointer across the desired
      number of columns and rows in the grid to create a quick table. In this
      case, a 3-column by 3-row table has been selected. Selecting the Other…
      option will show the same dialog box that you see when you select the
      Table menu and choose New. Formatting a Table Adding Rows and Columns:
      Okay, so now you've created a table, but let’s say you need one more
      row or column. First, decide where you want the new row or column, then
      place your cursor in the row below, or column to the right of where you
      want the new row or column to be. To add one new column click Add
      Column on the Table bar. For a new row, click Add Row . If you need
      to add more than one column or row, pull down the Table menu and select
      Insert. The Insert dialog box asks you to specify how many rows or
      columns you want to insert, and it also asks if you want to add the row
      or column Before Selection or After Selection (meaning before or after
      the cursor if nothing is selected.) To add rows to the end of a table,
      place your cursor in the last cell of the table (the bottom row far
      right cell), and then pres the Tab key on your keyboard. Each time you
      press the Tab key when it is located in the last cell of the table, a
      new row will be created. To delete rows or columns, pull down the Table
      menu and choose Delete. This dialog box allows you to delete any number
      of existing columns, rows, or the entire table. If you choose to delete
      more than one column or row, the row or column where your cursor is
      located will be deleted and the chosen number of rows or columns after
      the cursor will also be deleted. page 10 WordPerfect Mac News June 1995
      Adjusting Column Width: How do you adjust the width of the columns?
      Just position the mouse pointer on top of the vertical line of the
      column you want to adjust. Move the pointer until it looks like this ,
      then hold the mouse button down and drag the vertical line to the width
      you would like. This works for rows, too. Just drag the horizontal
      line. Here’s a tip: If you want to adjust the width of one column
      without affecting the width of the whole table, hold down the Option
      key while dragging. You can also adjust the column width by pulling
      down the Table menu and choosing Column Width. The dialog box will ask
      you to type in a specific measurement. You can adjust the width of
      several columns at once by selecting the columns before you open the
      Column Width Dialog box. Cell Join: Suppose you want to join several
      cells. Just select the cells you want to join and click the Join button
      on the Table bar. Where there were many cells, now there is one. Did
      you decide you don't want those cells joined after all? Just highlight
      that cell and click the Split button and the cells that were joined
      will be back to their original form. Cell Lock: If you would like to
      make it so certain cells cannot easily be changed, you can lock the
      cells by highlighting them, then clicking on the Lock button on the
      Table bar. To unlock the cells for editing, you'll need to pull down
      the Table menu and remove the check mark from the Protect Table option
      by selecting it. Cell Fill: Let's say you want to emphasize certain
      cells in a table. You can apply a color, a shade of grey, or a fill
      pattern to any cells you like. Just highlight the cells you want to
      emphasize, then click on the button and pull down the menu shown at
      right. Selecting the Color or Pattern options makes a pop out menu
      appear out to the side with a large selection of colors or fill
      patterns to choose from. Cell Alignment: Choosing the Vertical
      Alignment button on the Table bar allows you to specify whether you
      want your text to appear at the top of the cell, the bottom of the
      cell, or in the center of the cell. Table Borders: How do you change
      the table borders? The Table Border dialog box can be accessed by
      clicking on the button on the Table bar or by pulling down the Table
      menu and selecting Table Border. The Table Border dialog is at left. To
      change the border only for the cell where your cursor is, leave the
      Current Cell or Selection radio button selected. You can also leave
      this button selected if you have previously selected several cells and
      want to change only the borders on those cells. page 11 WordPerfect Mac
      News June 1995 Notice that you can affect the Top, Left, Bottom, and
      Right borders only if you have chosen to change the current cell or
      selection. The Outside, Inside Horizontal, and Inside Vertical borders
      are only applicable if you've elected to change the borders in the
      entire table. Clicking on any one of the Line boxes in the Table
      Border dialog box shows the pop-up menu at right, which allows you to
      choose the style of borders you want in your table. The No Print border
      comes in handy if you want to see the border on the screen, but don't
      want it to print out. Common Questions Q: My table extends over several
      pages. How do I make the same top row appear automatically at the top
      of every page? A: Simply pull down the Table menu and choose Header
      Rows. A dialog box will appear, asking you how many header rows you
      want. Just select how many rows you want to appear the same on the top
      of every page. Q: Can I insert a Page break in a table? A: No, a table
      will flow to the next page only when it fills up the current page. If
      you want the table to break to the next page before the current page is
      filled, you will need to create a new table. Q: How do I select a whole
      row or column with one click? A: To select a whole row, place your
      cursor slightly to the left of the table until the cursor turns into a
      hollow arrow pointing right, then click the mouse button and the whole
      row will be selected as at right. To select a whole column, place your
      cursor above the top of the column until it turns into a hollow arrow
      pointing down, then click the mouse button and the whole column will be
      selected as at right. Q: How do I align numbers with decimals in a
      column? A: With your cursor in the upper-left-most cell in a table, go
      to the Layout bar and pull down the Alignment menu . Choose Decimal
      Align. To adjust the distance of the decimal from the right cell
      margin, choose Decimal Offset from the Table menu and type in the
      measurement you want. Q: How to I adjust all the column widths or row
      heights all at once? A: Select the columns or rows you want to adjust,
      then drag any border, and all of the columns or rows that are selected
      will be re-sized. page 12 WordPerfect Mac News June 1995 [An unnamed
      other word processor] lets you designate a style after a style. For
      example, I can define a heading style, and have a body style come after
      it automatically when I do a paragraph return. Can WP do this? —John
      DeHoog You’re looking for Linking Styles. Here’s how it works. Let’s
      say you have two styles, Style A (the heading style), and Style B (the
      body style). First, click on the button, and then click . A big box
      called “Style Options” will come up, and you’ll highlight your Style A.
      Then in the “Link to…” pop-up menu, choose your Style B. Then click OK.
      Now when you’re in Style A, you can press the Enter key (not Return),
      and go to Style B. For extra fun, you can link A and B to each other,
      and cycle back and forth using Enter. I’ve got a merge data file full
      of names and addresses. How can I print these without the merge codes?
      Just open the Merge bar, and click on Markers. This will change the
      merge codes to little markers which do not print. Clicking on Markers
      again will change them back. I use a single greek character fairly
      often (like in micrometers = mu [m]). Is there an easy way to do this
      with a keystroke…switch to Greek for only one letter? — Stuart Beaton,
      University of Denver, Dept. of Chemistry The WP macro language is
      perfect for this kind of thing. Here’s a quick one that might do the
      trick for you. Start a macro (Tools/Macro/Record), and call it "Greek"
      or something. Assign it a keystroke for easy access. Copy Attributes
      Font Name ("Symbol") Pause Until (#Enter#) Paste The text of the macro
      is at right. The macro will change the font to Symbol, and wait for you
      to type whatever letters you need (‘m,’ in your case). When you're done
      typing the characters, just press Enter on the keypad, and the macro
      will put the font back as it was, so you can keep typing. If you need
      help with creating these macros, check "Using the Macro Editor to
      Create Macros" found on page 418 of the WP 3.1 User's Guide. When I
      have given a name to a newly created Button Bar, I wonder whether it is
      then possible to rename or remove it. If so, please tell me how it is
      done? —Bart P. Wals The Librarian is what you need. Go to
      Edit/Preferences/Librarian, and change the Resource to Button Bar. Then
      highlight the name of your button bar and click Rename or Remove. This
      also works for renaming or removing styles, macros, keyboards, and
      character maps. page 13 WordPerfect Mac News June 1995 We welcome your
      comments, suggestions, letters, etc. • What did you like about the
      WordPerfect Mac News? • How was the layout? (Easy to find things, not
      too cluttered, graphics helpful?) • What would you change about the
      WordPerfect Mac News? • What features would you like to see highlighted
      in a future issue? • Which do you use? q Mac q DOS q Windows q UNIX q
      Other • Do you read this magazine on the screen, or do you print it? q
      Read on screen q Print it out • Where did you find the WordPerfect Mac
      News? • On the Macintosh, would you describe yourself as… q A
      beginner q A fairly proficient user q A power user • On WordPerfect,
      would you describe yourself as… q A beginner q A fairly proficient
      user q A power user You can reach us by e-mail at macmail @
      wordperfect.com, by fax at (801) 222-1990, or “snail mail” to WP Mac
      News, MS ORM G-1512, WordPerfect/Novell Applications Group, 1555 N.
      Technology Way, Orem UT 840572399. Please send your letters, requests,
      ideas for features, and tips & tricks to us! We reserve the right to
      edit any material received for content, clarity, and length. By
      submitting material to the WordPerfect Mac News, you agree to assign
      any and all rights, title, and interest which you may have to your
      submission material and any work Novell Inc. derives from such
      submission material to Novell Inc., unless otherwise specified. The
      WordPerfect Mac News was created using WordPerfect 3.1 for Macintosh.
      The headings and the link buttons were created using ColorIt!™ 2.3 by
      MicroFrontier, Inc. Then the whole thing was printed to WordPerfect
      Envoy as a runtime application. WordPerfect 3.1, Document Experts, and
      WordPerfect Envoy are trademarks of Novell, Inc. ColorIt!™ is a
      trademark of MicroFrontier Inc. Apple and Macintosh are registered
      trademarks of Apple Computers Inc. NOTICE PLEASE READ: You accept this
      information with the understanding that Novell, Inc. makes no
      representations or warranties as to the suitability of this information
      for your particular purpose, and that to the extent you use or
      implement this information in your own setting, you do so at your own
      risk. In no event will Novell, Inc. be liable for any damages, whether
      consequential, incidental, or special, arising out of the use of or
      inability to use the information provided herewith. Copyright Novell
      Incorporated © , 1995. All rights reserved. If you do print out the
      WordPerfect Mac News, please recycle it. page 14