8246Re: [OT] Google, Facebook and Amazon demand true net neutrality

  • James Voelzow
    May 9, 2014

      "What ISPs are wanting to offer is the other side. A certain content
      provider wants their site to load faster than other pages - so they pay the
      ISP for this "Fast Lane" access. So no matter what speed the customer (end
      user) is paying for, if they visit the Fast Lane company's site - it loads
      much faster."

      So if I'm paying for 20Mbps through my ISP, that will be bumped up to, say, 40Mbps when dl'ing information from on of the "fast lane" companies? And this is managed how? Seamlessly through my ISP?

      Jim Voelzow

    • Show all 9 messages in this topic