8211Re: [wpmac] Opening WPD Files on my Mac

  • DR WILLIAM CORCORAN
    May 1, 2014
      Has anyone tried Apache OpenOffice?

      Apache_OpenOffice_4.1.0_MacOS_x86-64_install_en-US.dmg

      Take care,

      Bill Corcoran

      William  R. Corcoran, Ph.D., P.E.
      21 Broadleaf Circle
      Windsor, CT 06095-1634
      860-285-8779
      William.R.Corcoran@...
      http://www.linkedin.com/in/williamcorcoranphdpe
      https://www.box.com/shared/kfxg1lt9dh

      I would suggest LibreOffice - libreoffice.org .  OpenOffice is a close second.  I would not at all suggest NeoOffice.  It costs money, is outdated, and offers nothing that LibreOffice does not already have.

      (All 3 of those are based off the same root software.)

      - Chad W. Smith

      [….]

      > Depending upon how old the files are (which version of WP for Windows was used to create them), you may be able to open them using WP 3.5 for Mac, which can run under SheepShaver.  Installation files are available in the Files page of the web site associated with this list, including one for a WP-Mac Appliance.
      >
      > Other candidates for opening and manipulating the files include OpenOffice, NeoOffice, and LibreOffice.
      >
      > <http://www.openoffice.org/porting/mac/>
      >
      > <http://www.neooffice.org/neojava/en/index.php>
      >
      > <http://www.libreoffice.org/download/libreoffice-fresh/>
    • Show all 23 messages in this topic