8208Re: [wpmac] Opening WPD Files on my Mac

  • John Joseph McVeigh
    May 1, 2014
      On 01 May 2014 06:18:09 -0700, williamcorcoran@... wrote:

      > After decades of crashes and blue screen wipeouts in Windows my family shifted over to Macs.
      >
      > Solutions cause problems.
      >
      > I could not open any of my thousands of WordPerfect files.
      >
      > WordPerfect Document Viewer to the rescue.
      >
      > It's in the App Store.
      >
      > So far I’ve opened about a dozen WP files by changing the file extension from whatever to .WPD and using this app.
      >
      > I have another app that purports to do the same thing.
      >

      > If and when this one doesn’t do it I’ll try the other one.

      Depending upon how old the files are (which version of WP for Windows was used to create them), you may be able to open them using WP 3.5 for Mac, which can run under SheepShaver. Installation files are available in the Files page of the web site associated with this list, including one for a WP-Mac Appliance.

      Other candidates for opening and manipulating the files include OpenOffice, NeoOffice, and LibreOffice.

      <http://www.openoffice.org/porting/mac/>

      <http://www.neooffice.org/neojava/en/index.php>

      <http://www.libreoffice.org/download/libreoffice-fresh/>

      John Joseph McVeigh