8203Re: [wpmac] [ANN] SheepShaver-WP 2.0.2

  • Gilbert, Geoff
    Apr 26, 2014
      Launches perfectly if I click on the sheepshaver icon itself … and I have even cleared out all the (USA) files and replaced them with (GBR) versions. It was a bit like Bones McCoy in the original Star Trek: “It’s English, Jim, but not as we know it"
      ------------------
      Geoff Gilbert
      Professor of Law
      School of Law and Human Rights Centre
      University of Essex
      Wivenhoe Park
      Colchester
      CO4 3SQ
      Tel +44 (0)1206 872557
      Fax +44 (0)1206 873428
      geoff@...

      On 26 Apr 2014, at 20:12, Gilbert, Geoff <geoff@...> wrote:

      > John
      > Cleared out all old versions of Sheepshaver, including 2.01. Deleted all the prefs files for Sheepshaver in all OSX Libraries. Installed a clean version of 2.02. It launched from alias on desktop, lasted a bit longer than 2.01, but then quit unexpectedly.
      > In the middle of marking. Will play more tomorrow
      > Geoff
      > ------------------
      > Geoff Gilbert
      > Professor of Law
      > Editor-in-Chief, International Journal of Refugee Law
      > School of Law and Human Rights Centre
      > University of Essex
      > Wivenhoe Park
      > Colchester
      > CO4 3SQ
      > Tel +44 (0)1206 872557
      > Fax +44 (0)1206 873428
      > geoff@...<mailto:geoff@...>
      >
      > On 26 Apr 2014, at 19:05, johnrethorst@...<mailto:johnrethorst@...> wrote:
      >

      > This maintenance release addresses problems when starting up SheepShaver on fast machines running OS 10.8 and 10.9.
      >
      > If you have SheepShaver-WP 2.0.1 installed and want to upgrade, an easy way to do that is open this 2.0.2 disk image, find SheepShaver WP.app in the Components folder, and copy that to your Applications folder, replacing the app already there.
      >
      > Alternatively, of course, you can copy any document files you have on your current SheepShaver volume to the Unix volume, i.e. OSX, and then do a complete install of this upgrade. It's an easy double click.
      >
      > Free in the SheepShaver and Basilisk folder of the Links section here, as "SheepShaver-WP 2.0.2".
      >
      > John R.

      > Yahoo Groups Links

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic