8142Re: [wpmac] Yahoo Groups (was: Why Apple's Recent Security Flaw Is So Scary)

  • Hugh Dobbs
    Mar 3, 2014
      My other group has moved to Google Groups...
      The messaging seems to work OK, but the filing system was hopeless, so we
      are using
      Google Drive for that end of things, still finding out how to use it in a
      random sort of way...
      It's almost satisfactory, probably will be in the end.

      Hugh

      >> (BTW, is it just me, or is this new Y!Groups interface getting
      >> *worse* over time? :-P )
      >
      >It's miserable. Depending on your OS, about half the site doesn't
      >work (I'm on 10.6 and 10.4, having better luck with 10.6). Every time
      >they fix something, something else seems to become "enhanced", so it
      >no longer works.
      >
      >But like eBay, it's the only game in town, so they can do what they
      >want. There's Google Groups but, as far as I can see, it hosts
      >messages but not files or links, both of which are critical to the
      >support mission of this group.
      >
      >The good news is that for messages, Yahoo Groups works just fine in
      >email. You can subscribe to individual posts or to the daily digest,
      >and respond to posts by email. The daily digest is especially
      >convenient.
      >
      >John R.

      http://www.iol.ie
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic